• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege | PC vs PS5 vs PS4 | Xbox One - One X - Series S - Series X | PS5 vs Xbox Series S - X | Graphics & FPS Comparison

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As Rainbow Six Siege's newest update incorporates PS5 and Xbox Series X|S upgrades, we see how the PS5 looks compared to a high-end PC.

The latest big update for Rainbow Six Siege includes the long-awaited upgrades for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, but just how much better does the game look?

In a new video, we put the game to the test. You can see in this video how Rainbow Six Siege on PS5 looks compared to a high-end PC. Be sure to watch the full video and then decide for yourself.

Along with cross-generation multiplayer and progression, Rainbow Six Siege on next-gen hardware sees improved graphics and performance. The game is playable on the new machines in two modes: Performance and Resolution.

Additionally, the PS5 edition of Rainbow Six Siege uses the DualSense controller for "deeper immersion" with its adaptive triggers and haptic feedback. The Xbox Series X|S edition, meanwhile, supports the Quick Resume feature.

This comparison has been made with vsync activated and the PS5's 4K mode. The differences are obvious in terms of resolution, FPS and load times. Shadows, texturing, lighting, and reflections are the same on all 3 platforms. I notice a slight draw distance on some elements on PS5 like fences, but it's probably more due to increased resolution.

Clarification: This comparison has been made with 4K / 60FPS mode and vsync activated. This time we have practically the same versions in PS5 / Series S. I have noticed slightly higher shadows in Series X, but nothing more remarkable. On the other hand, Series S runs at a resolution of 3072x1728p, the maximum resolution that One X reached.

Last edited:
Didn't know 2070s was considered high end, even for back when it released. Then again, the game won't look any better on a high end gpu, since it released over 5 years ago. Its great that consoles can play this game at better settings than current gen consoles. Just need m+kb and it should be good to go.

so loading times difference between series x and ps5 if fuckall and they didnt show 120fps mode

Also interested to see what vsync off brings..

Last edited:
Seems like a much of a muchness thing. Shadows better on XSX, loading times the same.
I would have expected the PS5s SSD to be showing itself better than it is at this point.
Its straight raw hardware speed, there's no API or software enhancement for it to work like there is with the Xbox Velocity Architecture.
I guess neither console is getting all the screws turned the right way at this point.

Leyasu

Banned
Somebody tell GS to stick to wildly bad reviews, they aren't Digital Foundry

GS as in gamespot? If that is what you meant, then no this ain't GS.

What bullshit is this ?
You can literally turn off vsync in series x and i presume it would be same in ps5 and then see how much fps both consoles get in both 4k and performance mode whats the point of posting these comparisons

This is guy is a machine. He will no doubt have a video up on the 120hz mode soon enough.

Tl:dw?

which side is gonna be spinning and flip flopping this time? We in for an 8 pager cause Xbox wins or a 38 pager cause PS5 wins?

Judging by the half a dozen replies in 2 hours, I’m gonna guess the Xbox wins without much room for argument lol.

People shouldn't be claiming a victory off of a performance patch.. But here we are.

Even though you are right and this thread won't go anywhere, it is still early or the middle of the night. It will gain a small amount of traction

MrFunSocks

Banned
People shouldn't be claiming a victory off of a performance patch.. But here we are.

Even though you are right and this thread won't go anywhere, it is still early or the middle of the night. It will gain a small amount of traction
People shouldn’t be claiming victory for anything based on launch titles yet one side has already claimed the war for best performance is over.

People shouldn’t be claiming victory for anything based on launch titles yet one side has already claimed the war for best performance is over.

you know what’s the best part? Exactly those people that scream victory have been playing PS4 unpatched versions of PS5 games FOR WEEKS and didn’t even notice that they played the PS4 version and not the ps5 version. They just found out by accident that they are indeed playing the PS4 version.

Yet they will see the difference between 1fps more or 0.0001% higher resolution. Yeah right.

ANIMAL1975

It is unbelievable what has been going on here for the last couple of weeks
The last couple of weeks are the result of the last couple of months. People were fighting over if the Series X victory in graphics war, would be in the 30/40% gap field (green team) or the 18/20% (blue team)...
You guys are conveniently forgetting that one machine is 12TF and the other 10.

Leyasu

Banned
The last couple of weeks are the result of the last couple of months. People were fighting over if the Series X victory in graphics war, would be in the 30/40% gap field (green team) or the 18/20% (blue team)...
I’m not forgetting anything. Cross gen launch games with performance patches are not the measure of anything. No matter what fanboys on either side have been claiming.

jigglet

Banned
Who the fuck plays 4k60 on PC? Who plays with vsync on when a cheap freesync monitor only costs $100-150 these days? Jesus what a trash comparison.

MrFunSocks

Banned
No one that’s not a complete nut job like TLW would have thought there would be a 30-40% difference. Multiplatform games, especially launch games, were never even going to show 20% difference. You’re doing what that cornholio guy does constantly and acts like what the top 1% of delusional fanboy Twitter morons says is what the majority think too. They don’t. You’d be hard pressed to find even a dozen people on here that thought the series x would be putting up 40% difference in resolution and frame rate

You're forgetting that this forum, which is undeniably heavily Sony favouring, had 5+ new threads a day about how the SSD of the PS5 was going to make the PS5 games look way better than they would on the Xbox, and how all games would load instantly on PS5 but take 2 minutes on the Xbox.

For every pro Xbox thread and delusional Xbox fanboy there is on here, there were a dozen pro ps threads and 50 delusional ps fanboys jizzing over cerny and his little ssd.

Redlancet

Banned
you know what’s the best part? Exactly those people that scream victory have been playing PS4 unpatched versions of PS5 games FOR WEEKS and didn’t even notice that they played the PS4 version and not the ps5 version. They just found out by accident that they are indeed playing the PS4 version.

Yet they will see the difference between 1fps more or 0.0001% higher resolution. Yeah right.
this post its absolute nonsense,i have noticed the differences in valhalla ,they were pretty noticeable my friend

I’m not forgetting anything. Cross gen launch games with performance patches are not the measure of anything. No matter what fanboys on either side have been claiming.
they were on the ps3 vs 360 gen,also on the xbox one and ps4 gen,and now by the art of magic they arent proof of anything? maybe its because some people dont like the results?

Last edited:

NEbeast

Bullshit. If the SX had the margin you fanboys were claiming all year, they would matter. They only don't matter because the ps5 has parity/beats the sx. Get over it, this is how the generation is going to play out.

ANIMAL1975

So you're saying that an 'entire ps4' 1.8tf of difference between the two (like fanboys were shouting from the rooftops), shouldn't be measurable in this cross gen patched games? That's not what i remember from the previous generation but you do you.

ANIMAL1975

No one that’s not a complete nut job like TLW would have thought there would be a 30-40% difference. Multiplatform games, especially launch games, were never even going to show 20% difference. You’re doing what that cornholio guy does constantly and acts like what the top 1% of delusional fanboy Twitter morons says is what the majority think too. They don’t. You’d be hard pressed to find even a dozen people on here that thought the series x would be putting up 40% difference in resolution and frame rate

You're forgetting that this forum, which is undeniably heavily Sony favouring, had 5+ new threads a day about how the SSD of the PS5 was going to make the PS5 games look way better than they would on the Xbox, and how all games would load instantly on PS5 but take 2 minutes on the Xbox.

For every pro Xbox thread and delusional Xbox fanboy there is on here, there were a dozen pro ps threads and 50 delusional ps fanboys jizzing over cerny and his little ssd.
History revision GOTY post of the year 😂

DP sorry

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
they were on the ps3 vs 360 gen,also on the xbox one and ps4 gen,and now by the art of magic they arent proof of anything? maybe its because some people dont like the results?

Of course they were.... and? So now you are saying that these games are representative of the generation ? We have already reached the pinnacle ?

Bullshit. If the SX had the margin you fanboys were claiming all year, they would matter. They only don't matter because the ps5 has parity/beats the sx. Get over it, this is how the generation is going to play out.

When Microsoft were talking about supporting cross gen games for a couple of years you and and all the other fanboys were jumping and about how those games would affect things. Now all of a sudden the XsX patches/games need a bit longer in the oven and the ps5 is performing well, they are everything. Lol seriously, the lack of self awareness and no idea of hypocrisy in fanboys is a something else.

So you're saying that an 'entire ps4' 1.8tf of difference between the two (like fanboys were shouting from the rooftops), shouldn't be measurable in this cross gen patched games? That's not what i remember from the previous generation but you do you.
What I am saying is that these games are obviously rushed to launch and needed a bit longer in the oven.

If in the spring/summer next year the trend continues, I will gladly come back and take the L.

Godfall should be interesting when the 6month exclusivity period ends. That’s the sort of thing we should be looking at, and the games getting their patches in a few months.

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Tl:dw?

which side is gonna be spinning and flip flopping this time? We in for an 8 pager cause Xbox wins or a 38 pager cause PS5 wins?

Judging by the half a dozen replies in 2 hours, I’m gonna guess the Xbox wins without much room for argument lol.

Look exactly the same even on S, 120fps mode is what we want to see, this game is not heavy at all for these machines, outdated AF tbh.

Comparison at 60 fps is pointless u can literally turn vsync off and get like 999 fps on series x menus and above 140 in performance mode and still 100 + on 4k mode

U guys had no problem picking performance winner based on bunch of numbers on apiece of paper and pr marketing terms . Even last gen in 2013 ps4 was 30-40% ahead of x1 and it stayed like that even till now. What we see in 2020 as gap will stay similar. They both will improve sure but % difference will stay the same as both improve over time . Now u know why all devs were gushing over ps5 and no one was saying anything or is saying anything about xsx other than few marketing interviews.

kevm3

From what we've seen, most multiplatform games have performed pretty much the same, with differences that people will only be able to tell unless they were analyzing them with tools or looking hard for missing patches of grass here and there.

Seems the same here, given this is an old game. Given what we've been seeing in terms of multiplat performance, hopefully we could tone down the console vs battles, but I doubt that will happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom