• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege Second Technical Test

Broritos

Ubisoft just sent me this email.

nxjcb1H.png

Am I already dead?

Hopefully there is a huge difference between the first test and this one... I can't see this game doing any good if it's even close to the last test..

xBladeM6x

Loved the first beta, and had no issues. Can't wait for this one. Though, on Uplay, is the picture still "Rainbow Six Closed Beta," or does it literally say "Technical Test?"

MajorTom

Many people had endless connection issues, the AI is literally the worst AI I've ever seen, the time in between rounds was longer than the actual rounds sometimes, the gameplay has a lot of jank, the game ran at 30fps in Terrorist Hunt or another mode.

I feel like i played a different game :/
I played on PC, solid 60 fps on all modes.
Great terrorist AI too. If you played on a lower difficulty they weren't great though.

Really enjoyed the first beta alot, it's one of those beta's that kept me hooked till the very end so I hope they send me an email again because i'm getting an itch for Terrorist Hunt.

Codiox

Lol no thanks. I was there day 1 before I played the first test but then I played it.

Hot trash.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I had a good time with the beta. That party/invite system needed a lot of work though as it was a crapshoot if my buds and I would actually get to play a VS. game together.

And nerf the goddamn shields. People acting like Spartans and shit made them super annoying.

hesido

Many people had endless connection issues, the AI is literally the worst AI I've ever seen, the time in between rounds was longer than the actual rounds sometimes, the gameplay has a lot of jank, the game ran at 30fps in Terrorist Hunt or another mode.

Worst AI? And the devs said they ran that 30fps because of complex AI calculations.

Yes to all of this.

The worst part is the time between rounds. You dont respawn. When the round begins there is a decent chunk of time where you arent in contact with the other team because of the breaching and planning mechanics. And when the round ends there is another chunk of time where you just wait and pick a character. Way too much downtime. I understand that the first two are necessary and part of the game but they really need to cut down on the third part hard.

Worst AI? And the devs said they ran that 30fps because of complex AI calculations.

o_O This blows my mind. The AI is terrible. There are times when (even on the highest difficulty) it wont even react to you shooting it, and thats one of the most basic things it needs to do. What the hell kind of calculations are they doing?

Top Bottom