• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege sees upto 50fps boost on PS4 Pro

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
If you hooked your ps4 up to a 144fps monitor would you actually be able to make us of this? Or does that only work through displayport?

Tagyhag

Yeah the boost mode is awesome but this is just dumb.

I used to get 60fps on Battlefield 2 when I looked at a floor on a GPU that otherwise ran the game at like 15fps lol.

Cant wait to see what scorpio does for Siege. Hopefully ubisoft pushes out a pro/scorpio update for higher resolution at 60 fps.

hao chi

This might be the excuse I need to pick this up. Used to play R6:Vegas 1 & 2 religiously back in the day. Need to check this game out, hopefully it has hints of those games in this as the cover based shooting & tactical aspects of those were sublime.

There's no cover system, but you can lean to the side, allowing you to peek around corners.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The FPS boost is welcome but that video is amateur hour.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
FPS boost means little for console, since most TVs are 60hz.
Most*
Aren't 3D TV's pretty high with refresh rates for 3D to work.
Anyone with a 3D TV should see a difference unless the actual PS4Pro only outputs 60htz.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
One of the shittiest video i have ever seen, almost 4 minutes for few seconds of actual footage and the fps only arrives at 106 while looking at the floor.

Cryxo93

Banned
holy-sht.gif

-shadow-

Watched the video just now. 100fps when looking at the floor, wow. My nine year old PC can do that.

Still good that some games will run better though. Until Dawn! <3

Auctopus

The game uses dynamic resolution to sustain a locked 60. This won't actually change anything on PS4P unless Ubi do a proper patch (lol) and the player gets a 120hz monitor.

When I turned on the FPS thing on Xbox One and played some terrorist hunt (albeit solo) with vsync off I was surprised to see the FPS to be around 90 considering the vsync is to 30. It still felt kind of crusty which I suppose is a frame pacing problem. So I don't know what to think of this incredibly poorly done video.

First I've heard of this boost mode, I'm glad it exists and I hope someone does a proper comparison with it both on and off.

So... After more testing.

There is a hard 60FPS cap in Versus mode.

But...

There is no cap in Terrorist Hunt!

It ranges from 70FPS to 100FPS in game, even during fierce firefight!

Top Bottom