• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAINWAY announced: Third party eShop app for streaming PC games to your Switch

Cerium

By the developer of Borderless Gaming.

https://rainway.io/

Leverage the power of your PC

Enjoy Civilization VI from the comfort of your couch with a tablet, play Stardew Valley on the go from your phone or just enjoy your favorite PC games on macOS and Linux all at 60FPS.

No additional hardware required

Any GPU that supports DirectX 11 can take advantange of the Rainway MSG protocol.

Pain-free setup

Rainway handles configuring your network and securing your connection so the only thing you have to worry about is playing your games.

Reddit comments

ifA5dqG.png

LNJk9Ks.png

That actually really cool if Nintendo's onboard with it. I was really pining for a GPD win precisely because it could do this.

So for those who keep mentioning Nintendo not noticing, is there a reason why Nintendo wouldn't allow it? Doesn't hurt sales from the majority of their titles and presumably wouldn't offer a window into piracy if it's just streaming.

MUnited83

For you.
Man this sounds fucking awesome even disregarding the switch. This program will be amazing on a GPD Win and being able to remote play anywhere. You already kinda can do it, but you have to go through a crapload of hoops and the results could certainly be better.

Hilarion

What would the reason be for Nintendo NOT to allow this on the eshop?

Because people would be playing games they bought on Steam or the App Store (also apparently streams mobile games) rather than games they bought from Nintendo.

There's no way Nintendo could make sure it's not allowed to be used for multiplat games?
I just don't see much benefit to allowing it. It's not like it's YouTube or Netflix which don't compete. Nintendo gets 0 benefit from a consumer buying say Stardew Valley on Steam and playing it on Switch

Corpekata

Banned
If Nintendo is on board with this I don't get why they wouldn't just build the functionality themselves as it could be a big selling point.

Similarly with Xbox given they ARE making headway into that territory.

Can't see them letting them stay up.

Top Bottom