• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rambo V: Last Blood OFFICIAL Trailer (different to the Cannes version)

Can’t wait. Day One.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Rambo's long hair was such a visual trait that it's rather off-putting to see him without it.

Looks like it'll be entertaining but nothing major. I like every movie in this series to some degree and part 4 was a good closer, so if they're bringing him back one final time I hope it's worthwhile and not too depressing.

Orenji Neko

I am so down for more Rambo. Do kinda miss the long hair since it's been a trait of the character for so long, but I'll deal. Starting with First Blood back in the day, Rambo has been like a major, well loved character throughout my life.

When Rambo: First Blood Part II came out, my grandmother bought me these Rambo toys that included his bow, a plastic version of the knife, some cool stuff like that. I got in some deep shit for acting like Rambo one day though....my mother went out to smoke a cigarette and I, in an effort to emulate my hero, rose out of my hiding place in the bushes and shot an arrow at her. Well, it smacked her in the face, knocked her cigarette away, and pissed her off something fierce. Swear to god the music from Rambo 2 was in my head as I fled the scene into the woods near our house to escape capture.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Yep, movie is looking good. Let's just hope it's as perfect an ending for the character as Rambo was.

Last edited:
Rambo's long hair was such a visual trait that it's rather off-putting to see him without it.

So I wasn't the only one who thought they got some Rocky in their Rambo?

First Blood is still one of my favorite "war" movies. I've been meaning to go back and watch it forever but its never on any of the streaming platforms I've got. Just need to buy it I guess.

Last edited:

kunonabi

First Blood is still one of my favorite "war" movies. I've been meaning to go back and watch it forever but its never on any of the streaming platforms I've got. Just need to buy it I guess.

The 4k release is amazing if you have the equipment.

juliotendo

Looks like a classic style action film from the 80s that Hollywood is trying to bring back. Looks fun to watch in a theater. That’s what movies are about.

Maybe they could have snuck in the headband or something...nah that prob would have looked dumb with his current look. =P

And yes, buy First Blood. Assuming they didn't lame out the current disc release(s) then it should feature a very enjoyable and informative Stallone commentary track as well. Just some extra incentive.

Dontero

Banned

Yeah first blood is perfect movie. IT hits perfectly that spot between story and action without looking idiotic. Next rambo movies never made any sense after first as first rambo wasn't about action but careful drama about veta warmashine who goes mental over abuse and can't "switch off" into normal life. That score for movie was amazing.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah first blood is perfect movie. IT hits perfectly that spot between story and action without looking idiotic. Next rambo movies never made any sense after first as first rambo wasn't about action but careful drama about veta warmashine who goes mental over abuse and can't "switch off" into normal life. That score for movie was amazing.
And the book is even better!

If this is the end for Rambo, I hope it’s a good one. This series is older than I am, but lots of fond memories watching it growing up. Stallone isn’t going to be around forever

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Old Sly > Old Arnie.

Sly has put out more quality movies in his old age (I start this era with Rocky Balboa) than Arnie has post politics.

Rocky Balboa, Creed 1 and 2, The Expendables, Rambo, and now this. I’m down to clown.

i want aliens vs predator vs rambo

rambo ends up teaming up with predator

when they defeat the aliens they end up fighting each other bare hands

fucken bad ass

Almost doesn't seem like Rambo at all and seems a little cheapie. Still, looks entertaining and it's Rambo, so I will be watching it.

I just watched Tango and Cash recently, amesome dose of 90's machismo.

I love the first half of that movie. Second half is still very fun but once they escape the prison I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much. I still would have been up for a sequel though. =P

Nymphae

Banned
I love the first half of that movie. Second half is still very fun but once they escape the prison I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much. I still would have been up for a sequel though. =P

Ah man I love the whole thing, it's so over the top and cheesy all the way through. Jack Palance is one of my favourite bad guys too, he's got a great mug and voice. A sequel would have been great!

Ah man I love the whole thing, it's so over the top and cheesy all the way through. Jack Palance is one of my favourite bad guys too, he's got a great mug and voice. A sequel would have been great!

Yeah I still enjoy the whole movie but I'm just much more preferential toward everything in the first half. Plus it kind of becomes mini Lock-Up for a short portion. :messenger_sunglasses: And yeah you can't go wrong with Jack Palance. He can give you an oscar winning performance or goofy shit like in Hawk the Slayer and it's always enjoyable.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Another trailer that basically shows the whole movie. Looks fun.

I am torn.

On one side, I am down with some old school action movie.
On the other side, I felt Rambo had some nice closure at the end of the last movie, ten years ago.

scalman

i loved those extra brutal Rambo 4 scenes , dont see its doing that same brutal now , would be nice to see that raw stuff again

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

iv never seen anything like this in any other action movie ever

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

Stallone's Instagram is breaching spoiler territory ... But this last one he posted has me 100% convinced this is going to be the most badass movie of the year. Holy shit!!

Link

sol_bad

I just watched Rambo 4 a couple of nights ago, still damn good and intense. I wish it's budget was slightly higher just to make all the gore look even better.
I just realised in that final GIF above, the solder falling down the stairs with his back to the camera, his wound disappears when he hits the ground.

Cleared_Hot

On rotten tomatoes the same critics who roasted Chappelles standup are giving this low scores because it depicts Mexicans (in actuality drug cartels and gang members) as rapists and sex trafficers... They actually mostly make it sound great in the actual reviews.

saw it today...its got some weird pacing and turns into a slaughterfest through part of the movie...it felt like its missing a middle act
some of the kills just seemed over the top in an Arnold commando funny sort of way but they overused the cgi blood and effects and rambo comes off like a Jason murderer in the action parts

a good popcorn flick if you loved 80s violence

saw it today...its got some weird pacing and turns into a slaughterfest through part of the movie...it felt like its missing a middle act
some of the kills just seemed over the top in an Arnold commando funny sort of way but they overused the cgi blood and effects and rambo comes off like a Jason murderer in the action parts

a good popcorn flick if you loved 80s violence

Besides the complaint about CGI blood effects you pretty much described a perfect movie lol.

Besides the complaint about CGI blood effects you pretty much described a perfect movie lol.
Some of the effects look like they are not actually firing any guns but they are simply pretending to get recoil or be shot
i know john wick used alot of cgi and those sort of effects as you could not fire blanks into someones face but sometime they just miss some of the effects

kunonabi

IGN: 4.5/10

*Reviewer was upset because it was too violent and didn't like the way the mexican criminals in the film were portrayed - "irresponsible and offensive stereotypes".

Expected from the media. Looking forward to seeing it tonight. CGI effects also plagued Rambo so I'm not surprised they're still around.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I have seen it. I liked the film overall but it felt very different to the other Rambo's, and if you have watched all the trailers and tv spots, you have literally seen 99% of all the action and kills in the film, literally.
The film is slow and the action ending is about 10mins long.
I'm guessing it was budget related.
That story leak from about a year ago, was much more action packed and epic than the final film.
The film is more like a standard Sly film, and without the little bits of classic Rambo music scattered about, you wouldnt know it was a Rambo film.

I give the film a 6/10.
Rambo films in order for me -

Rambo 2
Rambo 3
First Blod
Last Blood
Rambo 2008.

If you're someone like me who loves the pure none stop action of Rambo 2 and 3, Last Blood probably wont hit that spot for you.

kunonabi

I have seen it. I liked the film overall but it felt very different to the other Rambo's, and if you have watched all the trailers and tv spots, you have literally seen 99% of all the action and kills in the film, literally.
That story leak from about a year ago, was much more action packed and epic than the final film.
The film is more like a standard Sly film, and without the little bits of classic Rambo music scattered about, you wouldnt know it was a Rambo film.

I give the film a 6/10.

Rambo 2
Rambo 3
First Blod
Last Blood
Rambo 2008.

If you're someone like me who loves the pure none stop action of Rambo 2 and 3, Last Blood probably wont hit that spot for you.

I'm more of a first blood/08 fan so that works for me. Probably smart to go a little more character focused instead of trying to top 08's final skirmish or the action heavy entries especially at his age.

I give the film a 6/10.

Rambo 2
Rambo 3
First Blod
Last Blood
Rambo 2008.

For me it goes...

1. First Blood
2. Rambo: First Blood Part II
3. Rambo
4. Rambo III

Can't wait for the new one.

Top Bottom