• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Rand Paul tests positive for Corona-chan

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
? He self quarantined after he tested from the reporting I watched. He was just cavalier with doing workouts in shared spaces.
According to what I watched from other senators in both parties, no he didn't. He was in the Senate Chambers and in the gym... He didn't take it seriously. He only went into quarantine AFTER he tested positive. The senators SAW him IN Congress... He came into contact with others. Putting others in danger.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
According to what I watched from other senators in both parties, no he didn't. He was in the Senate Chambers and in the gym... He didn't take it seriously. He only went into quarantine AFTER he tested positive. The senators SAW him IN Congress... He came into contact with others. Putting others in danger.
Was he supposed to go into a quarantine for a virus he didn't know he had? Every senator voting is technically breaking the quarantine.

This is a ridiculous thing to to be angry about.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Was he supposed to go into a quarantine for a virus he didn't know he had? Every senator voting is technically breaking the quarantine.

This is a ridiculous thing to to be angry about.
He got tested and he had to wait until it came back positive or negative. Yes, he should have self-quarantined. He didn't know if he had it, as you said... He risked other people's lives by going about his day to day possibly infecting others.

That's hugely irresponsible of him and, surprisingly, OF YOU to suggest he didn't have to self-quarantine before he knew whether or not he had the virus. What's a few days staying at home for a senator? My goodness, man. And this goes for anyone else out there who is waiting on test results for this virus.

Edit: to be clear, he got tested FIRST... so he knew there was a possibility he had it. That he went about his day to day endangering others is unconscionable.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
He got tested and he had to wait until it came back positive or negative. Yes, he should have self-quarantined. He didn't know if he had it, as you said... He risked other people's lives by going about his day to day possibly infecting others.

That's hugely irresponsible of him and, surprisingly, OF YOU to suggest he didn't have to self-quarantine before he knew whether or not he had the virus. What's a few days staying at home for a senator? My goodness, man. And this goes for anyone else out there who is waiting on test results for this virus.

Edit: to be clear, he got tested FIRST... so he knew there was a possibility he had it. That he went about his day to day endangering others is unconscionable.
What were the circumstances of his test? Did he have contact with someone who already tested positive. I can't find any info on why he was tested.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
What were the circumstances of his test? Did he have contact with someone who already tested positive. I can't find any info on why he was tested.
I think it had to do with that congressperson who may have it that came into contact with Romney last week or something... I don't remember exactly. That person came into contact with others... Including Paul if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: monegames

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
She named her daughter Be11a?

They're too boring to care about

He's not the first and he won't be the last. People will continue to make this mistake time and time again. All we can do is air it out.

Mar 18, 2018
I think it had to do with that congressperson who may have it that came into contact with Romney last week or something... I don't remember exactly. That person came into contact with others... Including Paul if I'm not mistaken.
Sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill then. He got tested and went about his life. Only in hindsight are you know saying he should have quarantined as soon as he was tested prior to results.

🤡 world

Reactions: rockbottom12

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

Excuse me what? By your own logic every other senator is just as equally exposed as Rand Paul was, and they are still breaking quarantine. Why is that okay with you, but Rand oh apparently he is a fucking monster. He has no conscious.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Excuse me what? By your own logic every other senator is just as equally exposed as Rand Paul was, and they are still breaking quarantine. Why is that okay with you, but Rand oh apparently he is a fucking monster. He has no conscious.
... Dude... Get a handle.

The senators who were in direct contact with Paul should be and, I think, have been tested and some are in quarantine.

I think they ALL should stay at home and VOTE from home. No ifs, ands or buts!

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009

The senators who were in direct contact with Paul should be and, I think, have been tested and some are in quarantine.

While it’s a good idea that senators and representatives should only vote in person because voting on legislation for our country is a very serious matter.

But absolutely in the case of a pandemic there should be options to vote remotely.

This pandemic is a new stress on our norms and systems and we should to update many of our policies and procedures for such cases going forward.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
While it’s a good idea that senators and representatives should only vote in person because voting on legislation for our country is a very serious matter.

But absolutely in the case of a pandemic there should be options to vote remotely.

This pandemic is a new stress on our norms and systems and we should to update many of our policies and procedures for such cases going forward.
This is a good thought especially since many in the house/senate are...........kinda old. This doesn't matter if your political leanings are left or right. It's not like Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi are spring chickens.

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA

I actually agree with this, whole stop. It feels wierd supporting the bill Eric "gun owners can't stand against nukes" Swalwell introduced to allow Congress to vote remotely. I think it should go further once we get back to some semblance of normal, only allow Congress Critters in DC for no longer than 1 month per year.

K Street is going to have a hell of a time lobbying every member of the legislature if they have to actually go to every district and interact with the 'filthy peasents' on their home turf.