• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford Calls Original Claptrap Actor "Bitter And Disgruntled" Amid New Dispute

JCK75

I hope BL3 turns out to really suck, because between his recent actions as well as the whole EGS fiasco, there is not way I can buy it even when it comes to steam.. and I simply do not pirate.

I don’t like Randy. But fuck those people who wait till they need a sympathy army to disclose the “He touched me” line. Fucking fanny.

Last edited:

Thabass

D57uv31V4AAXzzS.jpg:large

I remember hearing about the fight at GDC 2017. I wasn't sure if it was true or not. I had only heard that Pitchford was involved in an altercation.

waylo

Banned
Oh look, another day, another story about Randy Pitchford being a fucking moron.

Someone needs to go and delete this dudes Twitter, Facebook, Insta, whatever. He can't help making a fool of himself, and when you have a pretty large game release imminent, you probably don't want someone like that continually posting on social media.

So being assaulted is okay in your book? Don't be one of those people.

Yes it’s fantastic!!

Wise up, I never said that it’s ok. I just find it cheap and cliche that he had the assault in the back pocket ready to pull out and wiggle for attention in a stupid twitter spat.

Edit: removed the sexual, woops! Argument still stands, if it was serious he should have dealt with it then.

Last edited:

Ixiah

Banned
Oh great Claptrap is back.....
I cant wait to play it.....in 5 Years when its on Steam on a Deep Sale and the last last DLC Character comes out together with all 3 Season Passes and 200 Extra DLC items that arent included in the Seaon Pass.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
So weird to see a company that systematically fucks up everything it does stay afloat with a runaway success. Its almost interesting to see how long it can sustain itself.

But they don't. All the issues I hear about the company come from this guy actkng as an individual. Yes, hes the CEO, but that doesn't mean his behavior is indicative of the rest of the company.

NickFire

Well, yeah, sure. He does seem bitter and disgruntled. But why is that? Does he have good reason? Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. No idea what they offered him if anything.

I remember hearing about the fight at GDC 2017. I wasn't sure if it was true or not. I had only heard that Pitchford was involved in an altercation.

Deets?? I didn't hear about the fight but wasn't the rumor mill at around that time that a chunk of Gearbox was going to splinter off and make their own studio?

Thabass

Deets?? I didn't hear about the fight but wasn't the rumor mill at around that time that a chunk of Gearbox was going to splinter off and make their own studio?

That's about all I got on it. I heard through third hand knowledge. So, this is the most I've ever heard of it haha.

Solomeena

Banned
Yes it’s fantastic!!

Wise up, I never said that it’s ok. I just find it cheap and cliche that he had the assault in the back pocket ready to pull out and wiggle for attention in a stupid twitter spat.

Edit: removed the sexual, woops! Argument still stands, if it was serious he should have dealt with it then.

Yes, please keep insulting the guy that was assaulted physically and meanwhile say nothing about the douchebag that is Randy Pitchford. Your thinking is backwards at the very least and possibly psychotic by blaming the guy who got assaulted, good job kiddo.

Desudzer10

As a huge fan of borderlands, everything about borderlands 3 has been perfect. The announcements, the launch, the play day, the presentations, the trailers, everything. Except for freaking Pitchford. Stay off Twitter and shut up for 5 months, please. Even if somehow he hasn't done anything, you'd thing by now 2k or gearbox would have got their PR teams to get him off of social media by now. They got so much going for them and he's just making a mess out of everything.

somerset

I *love* borderlands.

I *hate* Gearbox and its owner.

This is the advantage of *not* being a fanboy. I can hold rational fact based positions.

But others here- programmed by big business and big media and big government propagandists (who are advised by the best psychologists)- think being a 'fanboy' is an essential part of life. The whole reason organised sports exist

Team sports with big fanbases are a British invention when the embyo Bitish Empire started using mercenaries and foreign troops and no longer wanted the plebs in Britain 'armed' and 'dangerous'. Before this time, plebs were forced to give up part of their week training as 'archers'. Then the British Deep State began the process of de-arming Brits. Something else had to take the place of weekly paramilitary training. So locally supported team sports were promoted instead- based on old traditions of early violent no-rules football games between rival villages.

Britain 2- known more commonly as the USA- really latched onto this idea bigtime. While Americans were not disarmed, they were also distracted away from being members of local militias by organised sports.

The *greatest* fear in any modern democracy is a revolt by the people- so the people must have no real means to challenge their 'masters'.

And as a consequence of people being brought up in this brave new world, we have *fanboys*- idiots who think loyaly to a brand or corporation makes sense beyond buying a thing on its merits.

So idiots defend the Epic Store cos they like the Unreal Engine, or defend Randy and/or Gearbox cos they like some of their older games. *Fanboys*- or more correctly the weaponised unthinking mob.

PS it is apparent none of the original genius that lay behind the original Borderlands games is behind Borderlands 3. The turn-over at most game developers is very high, cos the talent who really matter almost never get paid what they are worth. If they are an essential part of the design process of a smash hit- well watching the owner take all the profits is a primary incentive to leave and work elsewhere. The mediocre non-talent stays.

Level designers gone. Lead artists gone. Lead low level coders gone. The voice actors you loved gone. Its just Randy, a bunch of new cheap hires, and a lot of money sunk into a cynical loveless sequel.

The big gameplay reveal for Borderlands 3 really saddened me. I saw none of the original Borderlands magic in this new game- but I did see all the thick-headed hopeless DNA from the giant flop that Gearbox gave the world after Borderlands 2. Even when I hate a company etc, I hope their new product might be great. But bad owners/controlling managers ruin even good teams.

Claptrap was the face of Borderlands. Many times Hollywood has often had to swallow down its bile, and re-employ an actor who is the face of a current IP even when that actor 'dares' to screw the producers - but Hollywood is all grown up. Big Gaming is still at the toddler phase. So the astonishingly important voice of Claptrap is told to get bent- cos gamers are so 'thick', a cheap-n-nasty replacement is 'just as good'. Or at least that's what Randy tells you. As he screams his hatred of steam, cos Steam is where customers are given a say.

I say give back to Randy exactly what Randy deserves.

I like some of your points somerset but sport fanboys existed long before the British Empire. Chariot races were a *huge* deal in ancient Rome. At least one emperor was a huge "fanboy" of one particular chariot team. And don't forget gladiatorial arena fights - those were huge in ancient Rome too; even though there weren't really "teams" of gladiators, there were individual champions who were celebrated. I am sure you have heard of the famous quote about the people of Rome being happy so long as they were provided "bread and circuses" (free food and games). This has been known for a long time.

And whereas there may be Gearbox/Borderlands "fanboys" out there, I haven't read any particular "fanboism" in this thread about either Gearbox or Randy Bitchford so I guess you're not talking to people in this thread?

You are definitely correct though about video game companies being stupid and stingy but that is also a problem at any company but that does seem especially true too often with "AAA" (said in a Jim Sterling sarcasm voice) game companies. I do not understand how idiots like Randy become CEO's of companies. I mean, this guy is a dim witted brainless moron. I mean, if he were all about the money then he would realize that letting a bunch of dumb dribble fall out of his pie hole and not paying for Claptrap's original voice actor could impact sales of his newest baby. Instead, I guess he doesn't like money? And why 2K or the rest of his companies isn't putting a lid on his dumb ass is just..... wut? I have no words.

People on this planet sometimes...

Top Bottom