• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rank the major Sony cinematic games from last gen

Best PS4 Sony cinematic game

• Total voters

Zok310

Banned
GOW2018 is going to win most of these polls if it’s included. The game was so special on every level.

I didn’t find the combat and exploration of GoW particularly invigorating, personally. But I’ve played all of these Sony games and honestly want sequels to Days Gone and GoT the most. I just enjoyed the exploration of DG, all the ways to deal with hordes much more than expected. Same for GoT, really cool setting and sense of exploration. The combat in Spider-Man was a little tedious. Haven’t really started Death Stranding.

I think my list is pretty much the opposite of the OP. TLOU 2 and God of War were amazingly great. Loved Uncharted 4 and LL as well. I think Ghost of Tsushima would be next followed by HZD and Spider-man. All great games but TLOU 2 is the best of the best overall last gen for me.
also pretty much the opposite of the OP.

0A)Knack 0B)Knack2
1)The Last of Us 2
2)GOW
3)Uncharted 4
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Spiderman
Ghost of Tsushima
Spiderman MM
Days Gone
The Last Guardian
Infamous: Second Son
GT Sport

I enjoyed them all though.

Ratchet and Clank and SoTC, I love them more on PS2.

Mozzarella

Ranking them based on Cinematics quality maybe TLOU2 would be first, but since that's not how i view or enjoy my games it's going to be the game itself.
Since they are also cinematic games and are more story-driven then story quality will be big factor.
I think God of War is the best one. I think its overrated too (lol) but its the one that i had the most fun with, i enjoyed my time with it and its as an overall package the best one from this poll.

Reading this poll, i just realized that i dont really love this type of games, i mean i can enjoy them but they are not close to being among my favorites, the highest one here i rated is God of War with 4/5. The others range from 2/5 to 3/5. Ghost of Tsuchima should be the second after God of War.

Corndog

Banned
Gotta disagree there. I thought the story was extremely well done and had a lot of intrigue while the gameplay was incredible. Taking down massive robots was super fun.
What’s so great about the story? I think the setting is fine, but the story is a snoozer. And of course it just has to include certain politics that lean in one direction.

My overall impression is a thin main story with weak side quests. And the flowers and cups collecting was a waste.

The final thing I didn’t like was I didn’t think they did a good job of representing the geography. I live in the area and I never realized it was supposed to be colorado and utah until I looked it up. The new game you instantly know it’s San Francisco. So that’s an improvement.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
  1. GoW
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. TLOU2
  4. Death Stranding
  5. GoT
  6. Detroit
  7. Days Gone
  8. Horizon
  9. Uncharted Lost Legacy
  10. Spiderman

Topher

Gold Member
What’s so great about the story? I think the setting is fine, but the story is a snoozer. And of course it just has to include certain politics that lean in one direction.

My overall impression is a thin main story with weak side quests. And the flowers and cups collecting was a waste.

The final thing I didn’t like was I didn’t think they did a good job of representing the geography. I live in the area and I never realized it was supposed to be colorado and utah until I looked it up. The new game you instantly know it’s San Francisco. So that’s an improvement.

The mystery of it all was intriguing. Why was the world like that? Who was Aloy and why did she look like someone from ancient videos in the places she went. Why were the machines there at all? There is a ton there to unwrap and they did that while leaving plenty more to find out. Yeah, I loved it all. I don't even remember any of the "politics" but that stuff falls off me like water on a duck.

You didn't like it and that's fine. Opinions.

Melchiah

Of those I've played...

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. God of War
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Uncharted: The Lost legacy (disliked the open world section, and shelved the game for nearly four years because of it)
The Last of Us 2 (won't be buying Factions, or a possible DLC/sequel, eventhough the original was one of my favorites)

Last edited:

Certinty

1. Spider-Man
2. Uncharted 4
3. Detroit Become Human
4. Ghost of Tsushima
5. The Last of Us Part 2
6. God of War
7. Spider-Man Miles Morales
8. InFamous Second Son
9. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
10. InFamous First Light
11. Days Gone
12. Horizon Zero Dawn
13. The Last Guardian

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

1. The Last of Us Part 2
2. Uncharted 4
3. Days Gone
4. Spider-Man
5. Ghost of Tsushima
6. Detroit Become Human
7. Death Stranding
8. God of War
9. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
10. InFamous Second Son
11. Horizon Zero Dawn

Last edited:

Vick

Bumping a nearly 10 month old thread to shit-talk someones opinions. The fuck is wrong with you?
It's his Thread, needed to feel validation and probably wanted to see that ridiculous title in the first page again.

None of the listed titles are "cinematic games" (what the hell does that even mean?), and if they are so are Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed.. and basically every third person game ever made with a story and cutscenes.

I wonder what's the definition now of games like Until Dawn, Heavy Rain, Detroit, Hellblade etc..

Belthazar

God of War
The Last of Us 2
Lost Legacy
Horizon Zero Dawn
Infamous Second Son
Spider-Man
Uncharted 4
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone

brenobnfm

You woke up today and had nothing to do i guess and you decided that the thread you made 10 months ago did not have enough traction so you necroed it so you get 3 more comments after 10 months?
😂😂😭😭 pathetic... Get one comment from me also so now it's 4 new comments.

You're absolutely right.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Uncharted 4 = C
Lost legacy = B
Spiderman = B
Ghost of tsushima = C+
Last of Us part II = B-
Horizon Zero Dawn = C+
God of war = A

Days Gone is way better than most people realize.

Also, brenobnfm brenobnfm , they're right. You looking for any excuse to bump this thread and your stupid hot take about GoW is kind of pathetic.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No Infamous? No Order 1886?

This is like "rank the major Sony cinematic games from the end of last gen".

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
From that list God of War is best one for me.

I enjoyed combat more and exploration more even tho it’s semi open world and I was actually invested to story.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
tumblr_o57wk4JJOU1uqyagpo1_250.gif

Roberts

Loved: GoW
Really enjoyed: Spiderman
Enjoyed: HZD
Liked but never bothered to finish: GoT
Kind of liked: 1886
Found it mediocre/shit, but finished: Uncharted 4
Wish I liked it more: Days Gone

P.S. I’m pretty sure TLOU2 is great, but I just couldn’t get into it - restarted three times and always diverted my attention to other games.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I can’t really rank them I’d just say Spider-Man, Horizon, GoW and U4/LL were head and shoulders above anything else they put out.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Best to worst imo:
- Spider-Man Miles Morales
- Spider-Man
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Uncharted Lost Legacy
- Uncharted 4
- The Last of Us 2
- Horizon Zero Dawn

Haven't played:
- God of War
- Days Gone

CosmicComet

God of War and Ghost of Tsushima were my in top 3 PS4 games. Only Bloodborne ranks above them.

I don't have an emotional tie to any other recent Sony IP.

Days Gone was not bad though, but I won't lose sleep that it won't continue.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Good:
Days Gone 7.5/10

Average:
Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy 6/10
Ghost of Tsushima 6/10
God of War 6/10

Boring Movie Games/Don't like the Gameplay:
Horizon Zero Dawn 4/10
Spider-man + Miles Morales 2/10
The Last of Us 2 1/10

nial

Gold Member
I vote for God of War. Dreams was the peak of PS4 gen Sony, though.

Last edited:

nikos

Spider-Man - Great game. Never finished Miles Morales on PS5 but will buy it again for PC.
Uncharted 4 - Next-Gen Uncharted. I remember enjoying it. Never finished Lost Legacy.
Ghost of Tsushima - Never finished it, enjoyed what I played.
God of War - Bought twice, never finished it. Horrible compared to the original games.
Days Gone - Played for maybe 30 minutes.
The Last of Us 2 - Never played it.
Horizon Zero Dawn - Never finished it because Aloy is insufferable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom