• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ranking The E3 2010 Conferences

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
My opinion:

Nintendo 9.5/10
Sony 6/10
Microsoft 2/10

Nintendo's was great. Tons of surprises, and they're still delivering shit they didn't even talk about. This was an ideal conference, save for the Zelda hiccup.

Sony's conference was pretty boring in the middle. They showed a lot of new games, but the whole conference was just.... meh. I was never super excited about it.

Microsoft's conference... Good footage for games we already knew about. Kinect is...ugh. I feel like there was something at the beginning of the conference that excited me, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, what about you guys?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
MS: D-
EA: B+
Ubi: C-
Nintendo: A- (what a horrible Zelda live demo)
Sony: B+ (pace your conferences better, damnit).

Nintendo: 9/10 - Lots of good games and an awesome 3DS showing.
Sony: 7/10 - Move looked pretty meh as did PSN+ but the games they showed were great. No Last Guardian though :(
Microsoft: 2/10 - Nothing really new. Kinect was pretty damn shit. Reach Space battles though was :D

Pretty much the reverse of last year for me

trupclow

Nintendo 9/10
Sony 7.5/10
MS 1.5/10

Nintendo's was amazing, and had the highest number of games that I want to play. If it weren't for Zelda's demo being awful, It would've been a 9.5 or a 10. I still have faith that the controls will be good, and the possibility of 1:1 swordplay is pretty exciting.

Sony was decent, the TM ending was nice as was portal 2.

Microsoft was laughable aside from the dancing game from harmonics that I will never get unless there are more Kinect games that actually look enjoyable.

Mindlog

5/10 everybody

A whole lot of sequels and a dash of motion controlled jank left me extremely whelmed.

The late conference from the company that shall not be named was at least entertaining. I would have enjoyed attending that show.

Vinci

Danish
Nintendo: 9/10 - Really, the only issue was the technical difficulties in demonstrating Zelda. Everything else was amazing. And it's amazing when the prior sentence isn't enough to doom a conference.

Sony: 6/10 - Not as enjoyable, but still showed some cool stuff. The delivery and the montages sort of weakened what might have been a good show otherwise.

Microsoft: 3/10 - I'm not sure what people were supposed to get out of this one.

Nintendo: 9/10

Sony: 6/10

Microsoft:
2lk5l04.gif
/10

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nintendo 9.5/10
Microsoft 4/10
Sony 6/10

(last night I predicted that Nintendo's conference would be more core focused than Microsoft's was...so I would like to say Soothsayer! to that :lol)

theultimo

Nintendo - A- Due to Zelda "Interference"
Sony - B Games were good, it dragged though
Microsoft - C- Too much of a Casual emphasis.
EA - B+ Solid Games and Decent Presentations.
Ubisoft - D- WHY LAZER TAG IS REVOLUTIONARY IS NEWS TO ME

Owzers

Nintendo is the absolute clear winner and there is no second place.

Microsoft had great pacing but lacking Kinect titles and nothing really new.

Sony bored the crap out of everyone for 1.5 hours.

I know most of GAF will try to say Sony beat Microsoft, but they are delusional.

Nintendo get a 10 because they follow the Apple Steve Jobs formula, save the best for last and have it available same day to play and follow that up with some good content on there website.

Everyone else was shit nothing surprising

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Costanza said:
Nintendo = 8.5/10
Sony = 9/10
Microsoft = lol/10
Sony was 9/10? You sure you weren't accidentally watching an episode of Community?

;P

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MS - 3/10 -
23i6phh.gif

Sony - 7/10 - Great KZ3/LBP2/Sorcery demos. All the games were revealed prior, so no surprise factor. No TLG :*(
Nintendo - 9/10 - 3DS looks amazing, as does the new DKC

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't give a shit about 3rd party demos or games. Speaking solely on platform announcements and first part ystuff.

A distant first
Nintendo announced somewhere between 12 and 15 new first party titles, the 3ds looks and sounds like it delivers heavily, and for the first time ever they nailed their pacing. Even in 2006, where their content was excellent, their pacing was weak. Notwithstanding the Miyamoto demo control issues, it was a solid conference. DKC4 looks very much in the mould of the originals.

A distant second
Sony delivered a solid conference. I caught 8 new titles announcements + the few over the last few weeks. Pacing was better than usual, but slower than Nintendo's and some sections dragged. I don't find Kevin Butler funny and the new PSP ad campaign sucks.

The PS3 demoed titles looked great. Twisted Metal looks like it draws on the experience from Warhawk. It looked very very smooth. Sony knows how to do this kind of game. The PSP is basically dead, it seems. Too bad.

PSN+ really didn't sell itself--but how could it? Because Sony offers more for free than Microsoft, the number of things they can offer for money is correspondingly lower. The Xbox Gold extras are nifty, but people basically pay for online gaming. Because online gaming is free for Sony, they're basically charging for extras. Maybe they'll work out a good balance.

The Move controller price was awesome, the subcontroller price is a ripoff. The bundle not including a subcontroller is a ripoff. Looking at about $200 for Move bundle + 2 subcontrollers + a second Move controller. $39.99 first party title price for Move was a great idea. Heroes on the Move looks shitty.

A distant third
Microsoft announced an embarrassing 5 titles, of which one was a CG trailer with no info and 4 were Kinect titles. Of the Kinect titles, only Joy Ride seems even remotely interesting to me. Their pacing was terrible, the false enthusiasm of the demoers was awful. Kudo looks and sounds very sleazy.

The Fable 3 trailer looked good, and Reach space battles seemed neat although I'm not buying it.

Top Bottom