• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare to announce new game at E3

https://twitter.com/SimonSorcerer/status/594634091099758592
https://twitter.com/SimonSorcerer/status/594628606191603712

Simon Woodroffe
‏@SimonSorcerer
@leflus E3 will tell the world what Gregg Mayles new project is about.

Simon Woodroffe
‏@SimonSorcerer
@leflus @Steverulez E3 (and beyond!!!)

Gregg Mayles is a designer working at Rare. He was one of the designers for the DKC trilogy, and was one of the people who designed Diddy Kong. He did some design on DK64 and was the director of Banjo Tooie. He also helped with Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Viva Pinata and BK Nuts and Bolts.

Simon Woodroffe, the fella tweeting these, is the Studio Creative Director at Rare.

The context of these tweets... Definitely brings excitement. Can't wait to see what they have to show, especially after this week of Yooka-Laylee hype. While most of the original dudes are at Playtonic, there's defnintely enough talent there to deliver a fantastic 3d platformer. MS have been great towards Rare IPs (save for Conker) lately, I'm actually impressed.

Get me fat and make me build cars if old.

https://twitter.com/SimonSorcerer/status/594640183989010433

Also, NOT A KINECT GAME!

NotLiquid

Pretty sure the dudes at Playtonic have seen whatever it is and voiced their excitement for it.

With that said I don't think it's Banjo 3. Something tells me that Yooka-Laylee's correlation wouldn't have been so on-the-nose if it was.

Buzzman

Banned
So they decided to get off their ass and actually say they're working on something before Yooka-Laylee grabs all the attention.

Good for them.

Pretty sure the dudes at Playtonic have seen whatever it is and voiced their excitement for it.

With that said I don't think it's Banjo 3. Something tells me that Yooka-Laylee's correlation wouldn't have been so on-the-nose if it was.

yeah i remember reading that as well they seem excited about it, wonder what this new IP could be.

VinFTW

So they decided to get off their ass and actually say they're working on something before Yooka-Laylee grabs all the attention.

Good for them.

The Rare news has been going for a long time now, way before Yooka-Laylee was announced.

Technically already out :^)
post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

wrowa

Any reason to expect that the game isn't a Battletoads revival? Never been a fan of that series, so I don't want to get my hopes up over nothing.

mp1990

Banned
BATTLETOADS

Uhhhh, seriously, can it really be Battletoads ? Maybe as an minor, indie-budget game, but i couldn't see it being an big, system seller, AAA
call it how you want lol
game, it's just too simple, not that it's a bad thing, but i couldn't see much coming from it. I would bet morwe on a Banjo Kazooie game, and tbh after Yooka Layle i can't get much hyped for it.

Garlador

They've been teasing Battletoads so much.

... The love for that game always boggled me. Yes, I had fun with it.

No, I never made it past level three.

VinFTW

My dream scenario:

Battletoads by a 3rd party, downloadble.

Banjo Threeie by Rare, full AAA/retail release.

Top Bottom