• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank - Quest for Booty - August 21 - $14.99

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This game's comparisons to ToD are inevitable, and it will suffer because of that. I can only imagine what kind of reception a $15 game that looks like this would get if that was it - that there wasn't ToD to compare against and play beforehand.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Marconelly said:
This game's comparisons to ToD are inevitable, and it will suffer because of that. I can only imagine what kind of reception a $15 game that looks like this would get if that was it - that there wasn't ToD to compare against and play beforehand.

I think 98% of people who want Quest for Booty have played/completed TOD.

McBacon said:
I think 98% of people who want Quest for Booty have played/completed TOD.

I got the impression from reading the review which said that the story don't progress much, implied that this game is more intended to attract new player rather than a fan service to existing Ratchet fan

Sean

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
ok so whats the real length of this game, I'm hearing 2 hrs and I'm hearing 4 hrs. If its 2 hrs is that going through the game at a fast pace, whats the deal? Ahhh whatever, I'm probably going to get it anyway.

Developers ALWAYS quote the absolute longest length when marketing their game. It's probably somewhere in-between.

btkadams

roxya said:
Nobody can beat MGS4 in 3.5 hours.
well people can get really close

ive seen a lot of people post pics of their final grade on big boss extreme with a play time under 4 1/2 hours. maybe its even shorter on easy? not sure. im definitely just starting act 5 and am at 15 hours lol.

im a little choked q4b isnt on blura in canada... hate using hdd space (even though i have a 250gb drive)

Elios83

Danielsan said:
I'll get it from the US store. €10,21, fantastic price :D

Indeed, if the US version has all the languages in it it's worth to take advantage of the weak US dollar and save a few euros :D :D but it's better not to scream this loudly before it's out :lol

McBacon said:
Where'd you get that info from, the Sony PR dude on Quest for Booty said a UK price has not yet been set

Uk price has been just announced on vgm247, euro price has been known for weeks.

ChryZ

Interesting, the Japanese tagline is quite a bit different:

ラチェット&クランク FUTURE外伝 海賊ダークウォーターの秘宝

"Ratchet & Clank Future Side Story - Secret Treasure of Pirate Dark Water"?
"Ratchet & Clank Future Side Story - Pirate Dark Water's Hidden Treasure"?

2afflur.jpg

2s8jmg6.jpg

Courtesy of http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080818/rcfg.htm

08/21, 1500YEN

Rlan

Europe is also getting it on Blu-Ray. I may have to end up waiting for that - 2.3 gig in one lot is a lot of download for a single day for me. [Technically my Australian download of 50 gigs a month gives me 1.6 a day]

Though, and this is spoilers...
is it really that hard to give a Ratchet & Clank game a good ending? So in the end we no nothing more than from where it started from? I've played 1, 2, 3 and Future and I'm there for the game play, but I've always been left disappointed at the end because the endings fucking suck!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Rlan said:
Europe is also getting it on Blu-Ray. I may have to end up waiting for that - 2.3 gig in one lot is a lot of download for a single day for me. [Technically my Australian download of 50 gigs a month gives me 1.6 a day]

Though, and this is spoilers...
is it really that hard to give a Ratchet & Clank game a good ending? So in the end we no nothing more than from where it started from? I've played 1, 2, 3 and Future and I'm there for the game play, but I've always been left disappointed at the end because the endings fucking suck!

Oh trust me... there's a nice surprise at the ending for fans.....

gantz85

Banned
ChryZ said:

2s8jmg6.jpg

Courtesy of http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080818/rcfg.htm

08/21, 1500YEN

Japanese Promo art looks really really good.

I say this everytime I see someone dissing on the 'brows, but I hate American Ratchet. He's very focus group. Very Poochie. The giant eyebrows make him so much goofier and appealing. If I buy this I may just go with the Japanese version so I can have a tolerable Ratchet for once.

(And yes I know the eyebrows tested with with Japanese folk.)

KZObsessed

I'm shocked they're releasing a Blu-ray version for only £10, same price as download. I expected the download to be £7.99 or something but will still buy day 1.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFObsessed said:
I'm shocked they're releasing a Blu-ray version for only £10, same price as download. I expected the download to be £7.99 or something but will still buy day 1.
Look how the game will cost €60 in Sweden... ignorant fools (Game).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ahh 2 days! I haven't been keepin up with the thread much lately, but is this coming to BR in the US? If so I might have to wait it out. Either way can't wait for this one! It looks incredible. It'll also be cool to see how they go about the platforming and such without ratchet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jstevenson said:
Nah, that's not it...

thankfully the press has kept the other surprise secret.
See, this is why I consider you a God... can't fucking wait for the surprise and hopefully it won't get leaked before release.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Rummy Bunnz said:
I say this everytime I see someone dissing on the 'brows, but I hate American Ratchet. He's very focus group. Very Poochie. The giant eyebrows make him so much goofier and appealing. If I buy this I may just go with the Japanese version so I can have a tolerable Ratchet for once.

(And yes I know the eyebrows tested with with Japanese folk.)

If you knew Dave Guertin (our principal artist) I don't think you'd say that. Incredibly talented and creative artist (and great guy as well), his character designs are unique, and not "focus grouped" in the slightest.

gantz85 said:
Japanese Promo art looks really really good.

That's based off of the US Art, which should be available as a PSN wallpaper sometime soon, I believe. Also created by Dave.

Xabora

ChryZ said:

08/21, 1500YEN
ThePiratesofDarkWater.jpg

:lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jstevenson said:
which should be available as a PSN wallpaper sometime soon, I believe.
Nice. Did the movie poster for TOD ever get put up on PSN as a wallpaper? That'd be nice too. I know it would need to be reformatted somewhat, but still.

Top Bottom