• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time announced

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just got the French PR, no medias yet. I'll update when I find something.

English PR thanks to Kifimbo:
The galaxy's coolest duo are back on PLAYSTATION®3!

Get ready for time-bending fun and intergalactic mayhem with Ratchet and ClankTM: A Crack in Time

London, 26th March: Ever wanted to travel back in time? This Autumn Ratchet and Clank are back on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) in the UK like you’ve never seen them before – and they’re on a mission to save the future!! Get ready another round of intergalactic chaos with Ratchet and Clank™: A Crack In Time, the latest addition to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s multi-million selling Ratchet and Clank™ franchise.

Concluding the events that began in Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time will answer some of the franchise fans’ biggest questions. After discovering that lovable robot Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, the Wrench-swinging Ratchet races to save his best friend. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?

If you haven’t played Ratchet & Clank before and are new to this successful franchise, prepare to be immersed in hilarious action-packed galactic capers and discover how time travel will entertain you in ways never before experienced.

Powered by Insomniac Games’ fourth-generation PS3 technology, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time will continue to bring the experience of playing your own computer generated animation movie to PS3. Expect all the laughs and witty banter of a Ratchet and Clank title, as you enjoy all-new space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables... You’ll come head-to-head with a brand-new cast of baddies, and some old favourites, and obliterate them with cool new weapons and abilities.

Get ready for a brand new time-bending, laugh-out-loud adventure when Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time arrives in stores in Autumn 2009. It’s the newest addition to the smash-hit Ratchet and Clank franchise, with eight titles across PlayStation®2, PS3™ and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) platforms. With Ratchet and Clank, the future is never certain!

Check out more at www.playstation.com or contact your local PR manager.

Chrono Trigger/Ocarina of Time style time travel puzzles pleeeeeeease. I will overlook any and all other issues in order to do this thing that pleases me almost unreasonably.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Sounds great. Hilarious as always.

Seems Clank focused. Also sounds like a full title, although they call it a new episode in the series.

Busty

Banned
What? A full Blu Ray game or a new PSN addition?

If this is Insomniac's big 2009 game I'll be surprised. I admit it.

Clearly people love Ratchet & Clank.

Ranger X

I didn't even play "Les instruments de la destruction" yet and they give me another one...

Quest for booty is also sitting on my hard drive. Oh well.

smik

translated use this Blim Blim for your OP

The duo the coolest of the galaxy is back on PLAYSTATION ® 3!

Get ready to travel through time and find yourself in chaos with intergalactic

Ratchet & Clank ™: A Crack in Time

Paris, 26 March 2009: you have ever wanted to travel in time? This fall, Ratchet and Clank are back on PLAYSTATION ® 3 (PS3 ™) in France as you never seen. This time they have to save the future! Get ready for another episode of intergalactic chaos with Ratchet & Clank ™: A Crack In Time, the latest opus of the franchise Ratchet & Clank ™ to the millions of copies sold by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Concluding the events that started in Ratchet & Clank ™: Operation Destruction and Ratchet & Clank ™: Quest for Booty, Ratchet & Clank ™: A Crack in Time will answer some of the larger questions posed by fans of the franchise. After discovering the disappearance of Clank - the "cute" little robot - was manigancée by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet, equipped with its formidable key part rip to save his best friend. Throughout the adventure, they both discover the secrets of their origin and destiny. It was when the duo is about to find that Ratchet and Clank will have to consider the most important issues: their fates are linked? Or the time has come for the greatest duo in the universe to separate for good?

If you have never played Ratchet & Clank and you discover this franchise successful, prepare to be immersed in a story full of hilarious and action and let you embark on a journey through time of the most entertaining .

Based on the PS3 ™ technology fourth generation of Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank ™: A Crack in Time gives you the possibility to play your own animation generated by computer on your PS3 ™. Find humor and jokes finest series Ratchet & Clank ™ and discover a whole new gameplay very space: beat you in space and explore the surrounding solar system and discover hidden items and collectibles. You will find yourself facing a whole new enemy but also faced with old acquaintances, and will have to eliminate them from your weapons and your new powers.

Get ready to leave for a journey through time delirious with Ratchet & Clank ™: A Crack In Time, which will be released in fall 2009. This is the new opus of the popular Ratchet & Clank franchise ™, including eight titles have been released on the PlayStation ® 2 consoles, PS3 ™ and PSP ™ (PlayStation ® Portable). With Ratchet and Clank, the future is never certain!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StateofMind said:
My French is very rusty, but that article says this fall.

Makes sense considering the end of QFB said something along the lines of the story continuing in Fall 2009.

kenta said:
CRACK

GET IT

like BUTT crack
butts instead of penises in the subtitle pun

this is a greater leap forward than adding "future" to the name

what dramatic changes in gameplay can we expect to reflect this shift in focus

hehe posting the french press release..

well, its the sequel on ps3 and ratchet is questing to save clank in this one.

Space fighting (hopefully more 3d movement this time), galaxy exploration and collecting are obviously in.

You are going to save the future!!!!

Anyway, can't wait to see more...hopefully they are more ambitious than the last game though. Stronger narrative, larger levels, and more rpg elements please.

Beaten

Does say this fall... having two teams releasing alternatively is great

thaOwner

I bet this is going to be like QFB but only a PSN only instead of a full fledged BD release.

Unregistered007 said:
Great news indeed. I want to see a new Jak game in all the glorious HD...

Gotta contact Naughty Dog for that.

sullyj

chappele.gif

clerks22.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wonky translation, or does this mean something interesting?

Ratchet & Clank ™: A Crack in Time gives you the possibility to play your own animation generated by computer on your PS3

Huh?

Anyways, I'm very interested to see if there doing any new stuff with this..and what it looks like too of course.. :)

Top Bottom