• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - The Official Thread

AniHawk

Member
nskinnear said:
DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL I SAY ITS FINISHED (there are multiple posts)!

This bugs the shit out of me. It was neat when it happened for MGS 4, because it was the first time anyone had done anything like that, but we don't need one for every fucking game. It just becomes a chore.

Anyway, this game looks cool. It'll be one of the games I'll pick up when I buy my PS3 for sure. Anything with time travel can't be completely bad and R&C is already pretty awesome so
 

Esperado

Member
That doesn't make any sense. You don't have the patience to wait five minutes to post? It's not like he went out to eat lunch before finishing the thread.

Regardless, Good work OP! I wonder if they'll revisit any classic areas. Not that I'd really notice.
 

AniHawk

Member
nskinnear said:
Sorry man, it all went about the limit and I wanted to organize it more...

I can appreciate the work and organization and everything. I just think a lot of the information is useless.
 

Myzer

Member
Awesome OP.

Loved ToD (was my first PS3 game), and this looks like it's going to be great. Yet another game to leave me with no money this month.
 

jax (old)

Banned
its funny how the OP itself is SO goddamn spoilerific. I skimmed quickly (not reading) and I'm getting out now.

I'm buying this but this might be my last R+C game. Filled my quota.
 

DigiMish

Member
Still surprised that the Spiral of Death won considering how unoriginal it is. Guess Insomniac didn't want to bother too much with the technical stuff.
 

Tiduz

Eurogaime
RELEASE DATES | USA OCT 27, 2009 | EUROPE TBA 2009

wat?
the date got moved? my local store said 28th

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
 

MrPliskin

Banned
AniHawk said:
I can appreciate the work and organization and everything. I just think a lot of the information is useless.

Interesting, because I see a lot of "I've never played a Ratchet game" here on GAF, and I'd think a lot of people would find a lot of that info 'useful'.

Either way, the OP will be gone and buried within a day or two, and you'll probably never look at it again, so why complain?
 

Chromax

Member
Great work! I haven't been paying attention to this game since I didn't finish ToD yet, but wow it looks amazing.
 

jiggle

Member
nskinnear said:


looking forward to this space exploration part the most!
 

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Looks good, but banner might need a trim and the info should be consolidated in a short paragraph.
 

AniHawk

Member
MrPliskin said:
Interesting, because I see a lot of "I've never played a Ratchet game" here on GAF, and I'd think a lot of people would find a lot of that info 'useful'.

No, I just mean for these types of OPs in general, not this one in particular. How long was the MGS 4 OP? 20 posts? If you want to be informative, it helps to be brief. People don't like to read. The Uncharted 2 thread is actually pretty nice, despite there being a lot of images, and it's all confined to one post.

Either way, the OP will be gone and buried within a day or two, and you'll probably never look at it again, so why complain?

Again, it's just a general complaint. I didn't mean to specifically attack nskinnear.
 

Magnus

Member
I'm psyched for this and I haven't even played a Ratchet, save ten minutes of the original Future. It just looks so beautiful.

Recommended that I definitely start with that, then Quest for Booty first, right?
 

Myzer

Member
Tiduz said:
RELEASE DATES | USA OCT 27, 2009 | EUROPE TBA 2009

wat?
the date got moved? my local store said 28th

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Yeah there is no offical release date here in AUS it seems either, but most places seem to think Nov 5th to be the release date here.
 

Robot 492

Banned
Magnus said:
I'm psyched for this and I haven't even played a Ratchet, save ten minutes of the original Future. It just looks so beautiful.

Recommended that I definitely start with that, then Quest for Booty first, right?
Yeah, start with ToD and move on to QFB. It'll help you understand the story.
 

AniHawk

Member
Magnus said:
I'm psyched for this and I haven't even played a Ratchet, save ten minutes of the original Future. It just looks so beautiful.

Recommended that I definitely start with that, then Quest for Booty first, right?

I recommend you start with Going Commando, the second PS2 game. Dunno how much different it is from Tools of Destruction, but it was pretty awesome.
 

Magnus

Member
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm honestly surprised that neither a Jak nor a R&C 3-pack was ever released for the PS2, given that 3-packs of practically every other series were released over the last three years. Both series' being PS2 trilogies only made them more of a shoo-in. I would have bought in at $29 or $39 for sure.
 

jiggle

Member
Magnus said:
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm honestly surprised that neither a Jak nor a R&C 3-pack was ever released for the PS2, given that 3-packs of practically every other series were released over the last three years


it just makes the bluray collection with trophies all the more sweeter XD

if only :<
 

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
AniHawk said:
This bugs the shit out of me. It was neat when it happened for MGS 4, because it was the first time anyone had done anything like that, but we don't need one for every fucking game. It just becomes a chore.

Anyway, this game looks cool. It'll be one of the games I'll pick up when I buy my PS3 for sure. Anything with time travel can't be completely bad and R&C is already pretty awesome so

Insert tag here:lol

Awesome work on the thread:D. This game looks ridiculously good, visuals and all. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
 

VegaShinra

Junior Member
We should get reviews in about a week or so, right?

This and Uncharted 2 make October an awesome month. Demon's Soul, too.
 

kaskade

Member
I feel like this game has been off my radar, I didn't even realize it was coming out so soon. We have DJ Hero, Forza 3, and Ratchet coming out the same day. Hot damn.
 

No_Style

Member
I respect the effort. A lot of it is actually pretty nice, but I have to agree with AniHawk's complaint. Multiple posts shouldn't have been required.

Anyways, pre-ordered. October is so awesome. :D
 

Meier

Member
This is getting really close. I need to blow through the PSN game as I assume it ties the original R&CF together with this.
 

Shurs

Member
I hate the box art. It reminds me of the NBA Playoffs commercials from two seasons ago, and therefore, it already feels dated.
 

slider

Member
I swear I got a mail from Amazon saying the EU release date had slipped a little. Dammit. Can't check right now but I think it was for early to mid November if that's any help to OP.
 
Top Bottom