• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - The Official Thread

Slaylock

Nice official thread! It's obvious you put a lot of work into it.

I've had the game pre-ordered for months. At first I though I would just give it a rent, since ToD was just so-so in my book. But after seeing how much effort Insomniac was putting into the replay system and all the side space missions there's going to be, I figured I'd easily get my money's worth.

Awesome job on the thread.

By the way, I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but James Stevenson commented on the PS Blog recently and said at least one of the demos should hit before launch.

See his reply to Comment #9

I'm sure both demos are ready he just doesn't know what Sony's release schedule is for them yet. Still, I'm glad I saw this so I won't be surprised if one or both of them release after launch.

Amazing OP nskinnear!! October is kicking my ass and this will be the grand finale purchase. Cannot wait. I do too hate the NA boxart and also hate SCEA more for not releasing anything special like SCEE.

Love the avatars too btw.:D
Bookmarked.

AniHawk

Shurs said:
I hate the box art. It reminds me of the NBA Playoffs commercials from two seasons ago, and therefore, it already feels dated.

If it makes you feel like you're looking back in time, then the people who have designed the box art are brilliant.

Shurs

AniHawk said:
If it makes you feel like you're looking back in time, then the people who have designed the box art are brilliant.

It's so meta my mind just melted.

But seriously. What happened to Insomniac's box art this gen? The first Resistance and Ratchet games had fantastic NA covers. The sequels have bad artwork.

Shurs said:
It's so meta my mind just melted.

But seriously. What happened to Insomniac's box art this gen? The first Resistance and Ratchet games had fantastic NA covers. The sequels have bad artwork.

Resistance 2's collector's edition was awesome.

Jubs

Bought and paid for. I eagerly await the platforming moons and planets, and the Wind Waker-esque space travel.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn, as everyone already know, ToD was my GotY 2007. Hard beating Demon's Souls this year but damn does this look promising.

Magnus said:
I'm psyched for this and I haven't even played a Ratchet, save ten minutes of the original Future. It just looks so beautiful.

Recommended that I definitely start with that, then Quest for Booty first, right?

I think Up Your Arsenal is the best in the series, Going Commando holds a close second though. I'd recommend you go with either of those first, since the graphics from the PS3 games can spoil you.

Vyer

Oh hell yes. Gonna be all over this.

Thanks for the recaps in the OP. I didn't get the chance to play Quest for Booty.

25jgnxw.jpg

I would like to claim this one. If someone already had it I'll change it back.

Big fan of ToD here, and this WILL be a day one purchase, whether I've already finished with Uncharted 2 or not. R&C are games I can easily pick up, play a quick level, blow shit up, and leave while feeling completely satisfied.

MrPliskin

Banned
AniHawk said:
No, I just mean for these types of OPs in general, not this one in particular. How long was the MGS 4 OP? 20 posts? If you want to be informative, it helps to be brief. People don't like to read. The Uncharted 2 thread is actually pretty nice, despite there being a lot of images, and it's all confined to one post.

Again, it's just a general complaint. I didn't mean to specifically attack nskinnear.

Fair enough. I think the extremely image heavy threads are pretty bad (the Forza 3 thread killed my cell phone earlier today).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Great thread, brutha, I appreciate the hard work. This game will be awesome, it will no doubt be one of the best games this holiday season.

bridegur

speculawyer said:
I wish someone would make a regular 3D platformer.

I do too, but for now this looks like it's the closest we'll be getting. Of course there are the Mario Galaxy games, but I'd love to see something approaching their quality on the PS3 or 360.

El-Suave

Can't wait for this game, I turned my nephew into a fan as well by lending him ToD and QfB. He completed both which is great because that makes ACIT a perfect Christmas present. I'll get a copy for myself at launch though of course.

MvmntInGrn said:
Is the Insomniac Moon going to be unlockable?

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that you'll unlock it if you get 100% completion in the game.

258ozr6.jpg

Can i pinch qwark?

TOD was my first ratchet game and i adored it, was amazing, i had the whole family camped around the playstation...mum, dad, sister, nephews. My mum laughed her head off every time the zoni came on screen...fucking brilliant.

SlayrUK

msdstc said:
I wish they would release it on disc, I would definitely pick it up.

They have, haven't they?

Got a new PS3 here in UK other day with R&C:ToD - when I got home, the guy had given me QfB instead. So has it only released on disc in Europe??

Oh and yes I did take it back and swap for ToD.

ymmv

Banned
Great OP!

I don't get the grumbling about the covers though. I think the US cover is just fine. It's better than the regular European cover so I'm pleased it's also used on the cover of the European collector's edition. Too bad the contents of the EU collector's edition suck. A piece of DLC you can unlock by playing the game plus a 12 page leaflet with color illustrations that is advertised as an "art book"...

Demon's Souls, now THAT's what I call a collector's edition... Slipcase, 150 page guide, art book, soundtrack CD...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great thread for a great game!
Get hype mofos! Best Ratchet ever is coming!

Nice thread. NA boxart is great, stands out and catches the eye. The EU cover is functional but similar to every other action cover we ever seen.

Hobbun

msdstc said:
I wish they would release it on disc, I would definitely pick it up.

It is on disc for Europe. So you can just import it.

I am looking forward to this game as well. Have played part of ToD and really loved it. Have to play through the rest of that and QfB and then will move onto Crack in Time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This game is gonna kick ass so much. Ratcher ToD and QfB were so fun yet this one blows them away already. No other bright platformers of this quality this year and it will fill that void very nicely.

Top Bottom