• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus Rated by PEGI for Vita

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looking forward to this but I have zero faith in a Ratchet game on the Vita given the past.

Also expect this to be $39.99 on the Vita shrug.

Massa

I doubt this is coming but for what it's worth, it's been rated in Brazil too:

aB11n96.png

shink

Do we know who ported QForce? Whoever it was, I really hope they've learned some lessons since then.

Tin Giant.
I looked at their website, it seems like they have assisted Insomniac for quite a number of games. In what capacity I don't know.
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Resistance 2
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Resistance 3
Ratchet and Clank: HD Collection
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Fuse

Drago

I really hope it isn't a garbage port. I would be very interested in this, haven't played the PS3 version yet.

Port the Ratchet collection to Vita too while they're at it!

this is great news - insomniac said they wouldn't put another R+C game on vita unless it represents the level of quality the series is known for properly.

so this tells me we may actually be getting a good R+C game on vitaaaaa

Tsunamo

this is great news - insomniac said they wouldn't put another R+C game on vita unless it represents the level of quality the series is known for properly.

so this tells me we may actually be getting a good R+C game on vitaaaaa
Yeah, I have high hopes for this being a decent/good port.
It'll be great being able to play Nexus on the go!

KalBalboa

Banned
This has been known for Vita for quite awhile. Also Insominiac did not develop Qforce or FFA so it will be much better.

It hasn't been known or confirmed, just rumored and hoped for.

I think I read the trophy list mentions a Vita version alongside the PS3 ones too, so YOPO sounds possible!

Zen

Banned
I have absolutely no interest in the PS3 version but I might try it for Vita. It will fill a niche in my catalogue if nothing else.

Zalman

Now that I think about it, I might actually get this instead of the PS3 version if it turns out to be a good port. I don't have a portable Ratchet game yet.

HooYaH

Yeah, just look at All Stars Battle Royale and Sly: Thieves in Time. SO terrible.
Bullshit.

Bluepoint is doing the port for thegamecompany games to PS4 and Sanzaru is doing an unannounced PS4 title. So who does the port, you tell me?

glaurung

Curses, already bought the boxed PS3 version! I feel a double dip coming on... unless cross buy
I also purchased the EU box version. And I already platinumed it on PS3.

Slogging through the same content seems unnecessary. Good for the Vita though, I hope the port is better than Q-Force was. Someone already linked a Q-Force screen from Vita I believe.

Bluepoint is doing the port for thegamecompany games to PS4 and Sanzaru is doing an unannounced PS4 title. So who does the port, you tell me?

thatgamecompany and Bluepoint only ported one game, Flower, to the PS4 and Vita (both of which were probably finished months ago).

But regardless, so you're now trying to say that Sony likes releasing garbage ports EXCEPT when they work with those two companies? Wouldn't that raise the question of why Sony works with those two companies in the first place? And maybe Insomniac themselves would work on this port, do you think they'd do a terrible job?

Diebuster

Nobody else noticed the trophy collection icon for Nexus says PS3 and PSVita?

The Vita's been listed in trophy lists for games with no Vita version in the works, like Metal Gear Rising. It's not the best indicator, though it does seem to be happening in this case.

Ulumsk

Was going to pick it up for PS3 this weekend, now I'm not so sure. If it's a good port and has cross saves I might double-dip.

Son Of D

I really hope it isn't a garbage port. I would be very interested in this, haven't played the PS3 version yet.

Port the Ratchet collection to Vita too while they're at it!

^. Been wanting to play the old Ratchet games on Vita, but if they're as disappointing as the Jak ports... :(

Ulumsk

^. Been wanting to play the old Ratchet games on Vita, but if they're as disappointing as the Jak ports... :(

When I started The Precursor's Legacy and started moving around on the tutorial island my heart shrinked three sizes. At least it is good on PS3.

Vashetti

Banned

The Ratchet ports would likely port over better than the Jak ones.

The Jak games are notorious for being cleverly coded using both the PS2 AND PS1 hardware inside the PS2, which was lacking on the PS3 which is why the Jak "HD" collection was actually sub-HD.

This eventually led to a subpar Vita port.

Elvick

Banned
The Ratchet ports would likely port over better than the Jak ones.

The Jak games are notorious for being cleverly coded using both the PS2 AND PS1 hardware inside the PS2, which was lacking on the PS3 which is why the Jak "HD" collection was actually sub-HD.

This eventually led to a subpar Vita port.
The port isn't THAT bad. Enjoyed getting the platinum on J&D again on Vita. Got further than I ever have in Jak II, though it does have control issues with rear touch and framedrops in the needlessly large open world... but I stopped playing it because I hate that game with a passion.

Worth it for portable J&D alone though.

The Vita's been listed in trophy lists for games with no Vita version in the works, like Metal Gear Rising. It's not the best indicator, though it does seem to be happening in this case.
R&C Nexus already has cross save built into it though.

TomShoe

Banned
I'd love to buy this. I've already got the PS3 version on back order at Amazon. They ran out of copies ($20 each) during the Cyber Monday deal, so I'm just waiting for them to ship some more.

I've got Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Sly 4, and Paper Mario Sticker Star are all on my way to my house. Got all 4 games for a total of $60. Anyone think I got a decent deal?

Top Bottom