• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart previews dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
8yOBaIe.jpg
All set. Locked and loaded! 🛠️

Hunnybun

Considering the fidelity of reconstructed 4k, and the cost of native 4k, I think that for this gen 'cheating' to hit higher resolutions is definitely the order of the day. Native 4k is a pointless expenditure.

It's definitely the way to go, but my concern is if games go for reconstructed 4k at 30, is there gonna be room for a 60fps version that doesn't kill image quality? If so, no worries. I played MM in the RT60 mode and could barely tell the difference from native 4K.

But I really don't want to go back to 30fps. I'd rather just know now if that means sacrificing a real next gen leap.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Gotta say i'm tempted to buy this as i've yet to see anything on my PS5 to blow me away, Miles Morales just looked like the last one on my Pro tbf, granted i only watched the kid play a few minutes of it, this on the other hand looks like a proper showcase title for the PS5...

TonyK

Gotta say i'm tempted to buy this as i've yet to see anything on my PS5 to blow me away, Miles Morales just looked like the last one on my Pro tbf, granted i only watched the kid play a few minutes of it, this on the other hand looks like a proper showcase title for the PS5...
Same here. I've played Demon's souls, Spiderman, Valhalla and Resident Evil Village, but all seems more or less PS4 Pro but better, I'm hungry for something equivalent to Gears of War in PS3/X360 generation, or The Order in PS4 generation. I think Ratchet will not be that game but at least it will be closer than the ones I played until now. But... 80... €... (I play always digital)

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Same here. I've played Demon's souls, Spiderman, Valhalla and Resident Evil Village, but all seems more or less PS4 Pro but better, I'm hungry for something equivalent to Gears of War in PS3/X360 generation, or The Order in PS4 generation. I think Ratchet will not be that game but at least it will be closer than the ones I played until now. But... 80... €... (I play always digital)

Yeah i remember when Gears came out on my 360 i was just blown away.. i always tend to go digital but for something like this i can see me purchasing it on disc, playing it for a bit then selling on to at least recoup some costs, my mind still hasn't come to terms with £70 games

kyoji

Not sure if already posted, but this is just icing on the cake for trophy whores like me LOL

Ratchet will have enjoyable platinum

Woohoo, gonna be platinum # 45 for me! :messenger_sunglasses:
wow man you are legendary! i currently have 7 platinums (will be 8 with returnal soonish) but 45!? GG's! and i agree trophy hunting is addicting, especially for the games i thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Ive got this downloaded and ready to go, only thing is iv got a drinking sesh fri afternoon and night so could be sunday before im recovered and ready to go on this, but deffently will be platinum this, hopefully go live to play first thing fri morning so can stop up late thu night to get a hr and two before bed

MrS

Banned
hype is real. hoping it arrives a day early like returnal. pouring one out for those who dont have ps5 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom