• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Seems like several reviews are saying they are experiencing numerous bugs, glitches, crashes, and even having to disconnect power from PS5.

Are these reviewers playing a different version than IGN and the other early guys?
Which reviews? With the scores I doubt its a majority.
shots fired :D
Its sad because it doesnt have to be this way...but some wanted to try to compare the games and said they are basically doing the same thing.

When its was clear from trailers it wasnt.

Hugare

NEXT GEN MASTERPIECE.
1YyXaPs.png

THE BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IN GAMING HISTORY

AkWG2aW.png
Not even CDPR cares this much about the game anymore

Time to move on and stop derailing threads

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Fidelity Mode- >Native 4K most of the times
>Rock Solid performance
>RT resolution is same as scene resolution, alpha effects are included in BVH as well (unlike Spiderman)

But how? It's only a 10 tflops console using the shitty RDNA 2.0 ray tracing implementation. A launch window game at that. WTF is this demonry?

Seriously, after Control, Spiderman and GT7, I assumed that 1080p checkerboard reflections were going to be the norm. This is blowing my mind.

P.S Alex is about to bust a nut.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not every single player game needs to be 25 hours, and I don’t see any other big budget action platformer on the market of this quality.
Most of the best 3D platformers aren’t long anyway IMO. Look at the Ratchet games, Sly, Jak 1, Spyro, Banjo, A Hat in Time; quality over quantity. Tight 10-20 hour experiences. The opposite is bloated open endedness similar to Tooie or Mario Odyssey.
fuck this game and Sony.

bought it, fucking amazing achievement, this will be my second R&C.
Mate if you can pick up a cheap PS3 you can get the Ratchet OG Trilogy HD remaster and the Future Trilogy (not sure if they’re on PS Now?). The Future Trilogy in particular will hold up very well graphically. Amazing series.

Accesability review.
To paraphrase her final thoughts, "Neither Miles Morales or Ratchet & Clank manage to capture the nuances of The Last of Us Part II accesability options, but even so, Ratchet & Clank is head and shoulders above pretty much anything that the other console manufacturers are doing in software accessability".
Interestingly, she mentions that she's had review code for two weeks so they're clearly sending out code pretty early to people.

SlimySnake

Keeping games at 60 fps is already starting to hurt. Really seems like most games that prioritize pushing graphics are going to be 30 fps this gen, again.
As they should.

If 60 fps didnt take literally 2x the GPU resources, we would see more of it without any downgrades in visual fidelity. I think thats why DLSS and Super Resolution are so important. FPS interpolation might be the next big thing if devs can figure it out.

Hey guys, let’s go through all the lowest reviews and try to find some reason why we can declare them to be invalid. It’ll really make me feel better about the game and about my life.
well i would'nt call a game practically perfect and give it a 8/10 , no logic is used there bud

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Fidelity Mode- >Native 4K most of the times
>Rock Solid performance
>RT resolution is same as scene resolution, alpha effects are included in BVH as well (unlike Spiderman)

But how? It's only a 10 tflops console using the shitty RDNA 2.0 ray tracing implementation. A launch window game at that. WTF is this demonry?

Seriously, after Control, Spiderman and GT7, I assumed that 1080p checkerboard reflections were going to be the norm. This is blowing my mind.

P.S Alex is about to bust a nut.
ahem...9tf, RDNA 1.0....

Get it right.

Seriously...variable clocks and investing more in the SSD, I/O seems like a good ass move.

Kokoloko85

Good to hear and expected.

Hoping for something new and different to other Ratchet games, even though I enjoy them alot.
Maybe some more interactivity with NPC, side missions etc

Does every game have to be filled to reach 40+ hours? Honestly, I'm all for shorter, tighter games with more meaningful, carefully crafted content. I have way too much that I want to play, and in most cases, I'd be happy with 20 hours tops. Of course, notable exceptions to this where the game is longer but actually does have meaningful content throughout, Persona 5 Royal, for example, comes to mind.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I love the huge emphasis on "millions" when R&C games sell at around just 2-3M... Of course it's gonna be hyped up through the roof on this forum, just like Godafll, Destruction AllStars, Sackboy Adventures and Returnal were before, but the reality is there isn't that much of a demand for R&C, most people see it as a kids game to begin with, hence they don't even bother. It's a small, very simple game that doesn't cost a fortune to make but does bring a good chunk profit, that's all, and having multiple 10/10 review scores and GOTY awards won't change any of that. I actually won't be surprised if the newest one won't do as well a recent R&C games due to 70€ price tag to be honest, because like I said, most people see it as something that belongs to Nintendo Switch, and pricing it like it's next CoD or GTA doesn't make any sense for most people out there.

On topic:
Somewhere between 85-95. I can already see the headlines - "the best R&C game up to date!", "a true next-gen experience!", "next-gen starts now!", "SSD is a game-changer!" and so on, while in reality it'll be the same (20 year) old Ratchet where nothing changes other than prettier graphics.
U Mad Reaction GIF

SlimySnake

Gotta love youtube algorithms. Purposefully did not click on any Ratchet reviews or even the DF and NX gamer comparisons, and it still recommended me the final boss and ending video with the damn final boss as the preview icon. Fuck Google.

Gonna switch to Safari. This is bs. Stop using my browsing history on other websites to predict what I want to watch on youtube especially when I DONT want to watch the ending of the game that wont come out for another 3 days.

Posted By Represent earlier in the thread.

Huge downgrade in reflection quality and skybox detail.

After the DF video this comparison became outdated.
We already know that after the patch the quality improves.

And in these screenshots, isn't the Performance mode WITHOUT RT?

Last edited:

GymWolf

About 16-17 hours once you do a bit of collecting side stuff here and there. Prob about 13-14 if you blitz through. Challenge mode has new versions of every single weapon though, with new skills to unlock for each, so plenty of incentive for a second playthrough.

Photo mode should add more time too!
Wait a minute,i can't get the best version of any weapon if i don't play the game 2 times?! Or i got that wrong? What is exactly the challenge mode?!

Top Bottom