• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy |OT| Rip your PS3 a new one

injurai

Banned
wZLME.jpg

Release Info
Developer - Insomniac Games/ Idol Minds(HD Remaster)
Publisher - Sony Computer Entertainment
Platform - PS3 Exclusive
Ratings(s) - ESRB:T / PEGI:7 / USK:12 / ACG:pG

PoNO4.jpg
43y2a.jpg

Release Dates
EU - June 27, 2012
AUS - June 28, 2012
NA - September 2, 2012 (speculated)
a glimmer of hope for NA

Details
A single Blu-ray disc containing
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
  • Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
1080p (60 FPS)
720p Stereoscopic 3D (30 FPS)
8-Person Multiplayer for R&C:UYA on PSN
Trophy Support

It’s amazing that it’s been almost 10 years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievements of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games. In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

The collection will release this fall in North America. I know it’s a little bit later than the Spring European release, but it’s because we have something very special planned for our North American fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and we’ll share all the details very soon.
We’re so excited that PlayStation has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PS2 adventures the HD remaster treatment they deserve. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

Screenshots

Videos
The Ratchet and Clank Trilogy Trailer (UK)
Ratchet & Clank Trilogy - IGN Video Review
Gamersyde - Ratchet and Clank HD Gameplay

Reviews
[9/10]Eurogamer.net
[8.5/10]IGN

The Games!
Yy8Yj.jpg
JoBNq.jpg
i9VF7.jpg

R&C - It's Time to Rip the Galaxy a new one. With over 36 weapons and gadgets to choose from, it's no wonder Ratchet and Clank have itchy trigger fingers. It's simple... lots of enemies to shoot... lots of fun weapons and gadgets... AND, you get to blow $@!& up! Burn, bomb, blast or obliterate your enemies. OH YEAH. Go ahead. Blow it up. BLOW IT ALL UP because it ain't the size of your weapons that count... it's how many you have and better yet... HOW YOU USE 'EM!

R&C:GC - Kickin' @$$ on planet at a time. Ratchet & Clank are back, and they're going commando! What could be more fun? The more stuff you blow up, the stronger Ratchet gets and the bigger and badder the weapons you'll have! Destroy hordes of enemies in gladiator arenas. Upgrade your ship and maneuver through the galaxy in intense space combat. Leave competitors to eat your dust in hoverbike races. It'll take more than your BIG GUNS to take on this challenge. You up for it?

R&C:UYA - Ratchet and Clank are going online and they're ready to take on the universe! Blast away players through huge galactic battlefields as you discover new worlds to blow up! Jump into armored vehicles with a teammate or roar through thrilling single player levels with all-new, power packed weapons. The outrageous intergalactic duo IS BACK!!!

Rumor: A PSN-activation code to download a PSN-only HD Remake of Deadlocked will be included in the NA Ratchet and Clank Collection.

UPDATE: A fix for 1080 rendering bug

The game does have 1080p but a bug stops it being used automatically. You have to 'force' it by making sure that only 1080p is selected on your display settings.

Some players also have experienced a non-1080 experience where the game is rendered in 720p, despite the game advertising 1080 resolution on the box.
IMPORTANT WORKAROUND: To temporarily fix the 1080 resolution issue, go to your PS3's Display Settings, choose Custom, and then select only the 1080 option your HDTV can display (either 1080i or 1080p). This will force the game into choosing 1080 rather than choosing 720 by default.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Simple and clean! Nice job injurai-chan ♥

Will buy! Love Ratchet to death!

Japan is getting Ratchet 4th aka Deadlocked/Gladiator aren't they? I'm willing to bet NA release will have that as a download voucher.

rdrr gnr

I will spare you no shame. YOUR***

I love Ratchet, but I don't think I have it in me to play all the games over again in succession. I'll probably pick it up and play a single game during downtime across the year.

Croc

Banned
I might pick this up just to play Going Commando again. That was definitely one of my favorite games that gen and it's been waaaay too long since I've played it.

I don't remember anything about UYA either (except that I didn't like it as much as GC) so it'll be fun to replay that as well.

Duffyside

Banned
Tralala, oh, look at us, we're in Europe and we get the Ratchet HD Collection early because we're so great, we have history, we measure ourselves in stones, tralaLAA.

UK isn't getting it until 29th June. Don't know why we're not on EU schedule, but never mind.

I'm definitely picking it up, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle the first game again. Those Magna Boots were a nightmare.

Edit: Some, but not all, of Amazon's European sites are giving a release date of 29th June too.

Acrylic7

ps2 Ratchets= Good Ass Fun
Future Tools and Crack in Time cant compare to these games. Masterpieces, console defining games.

Day 1...If I can get a US release date.......

I'm replaying the Future games now... and I've been reminded why this series is my favorite platforming series of all time.

This summer will be nothing but a R&C gaming <3

Tralala, oh, look at us, we're in Europe and we get the Ratchet HD Collection early because we're so great, we have history, we measure ourselves in stones, tralaLAA.

Parts of my Uncle's house were built before the Mayflower set sail. I think this alone is reason enough to give us preferential R&C release date treatment.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
1st R&C was the closest Insomniac has ever gotten to making a Zelda-like game. I love R&C games, but sometimes I wonder how the series would have evolved if they had focused on the gadgets/exploration rather than on the weapons/combat.

That would be stupid if true. I really hope not.

I can recall JStevenson saying something about that when this was announced. I could be wrong though.

Now that some copies are in the wild in EU, I'd like to know for sure.

It'll make my decision of importing EU version now to "reserve" my U.Y.A. ID now, or wait for NA version.

Tizoc

Were the cutscenes in the US ver. 16:9 or 4:3? Wonder if the delay is because it'd be easier for them to make the 16:9 sized cutscenes look better in the HD collection.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone got a good spot/area I can import this from?

Need it my hands ASAP, live in NYC

One of my favourite game series. I remember picking up Suikoden III and the first Ratchet game together, played Suikoden III for a few hours and could not get into it, so threw in Ratchet and Clank. I've been a sucker for these amazing games ever since.

It's sad that these types of games (Sly Cooper, Ratchet, Jak etc.) got lost in the shuffle when the switch to PS3 and 360 came about. Though, I'm glad that of those games, it was the Ratchet series that survived. I'd put the 3rd game in my top ten games of all time list.

Even the much maligned Deadlocked is a great game, sure it's different but it has some of the best weapons in the entire series. I'd love to see the flail make a re-appearance at some point.

Ravage

Going Commando is the only title i've played in the collection so i'm definitely excited for this. Love the Ratchet series.

Katzii

ugh, why is the US getting it so much later than Europe? :(

Because Insomniac already covered that. The US is getting the game later, but they're getting some super-special bonus thing with their version that Europe doesn't get... Even though they've pushed the European release back by almost two months now.

Top Bottom