• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate Microsoft's Xbox One conference

Using bags of DORITOS®, rate the POWERFUL CRUNCH of the XO reveal!

Results are only viewable after voting.

inky

3/10, boring and unappealing as hell. Nothing about it sounds like I would want to own one, not even the Remedy game.

NewFresh

uCp9OUN.jpg

One(lol)/10

But seriously what the fuck was that? You have 4 fucking months to respond to Sony and you do it with less spec information, focus on features that even the fucking Wii U does, and not A SINGLE FUCKING GAME DEMO. Even the sports games were pre-rendered bullshit. Doesn't help that the thing is fucking enormous. GTA5 better be exclusive otherwise i'll wait for the redesign.

(+2) I liked the OS switching.

(+0) The partnerships were pretty unappealing/inconsequential

I like the TV stuff, but it needs to support my subscriber. And apparently it's not a box on its own but I have to buy another box :/

(-1) Halo TV series? lol, really?

(+1) Quantum Break was the best game thing.

(+0.5) Forza 5 looked cool

....what else happened?

2.5/10

Empty

1/10

+ cool that they're getting remedy to make a new game. even if the live action stuff was weird

- shit name. shit console design. overwhelming focus on tv and multimedia stuff. very limited games. too much exclusive dlc. no real effective communicators of their vision like cerny was for sony. the call of duty, sports, kinect and media emphasis was like a parody of themselves.

Pure and utter catastrophe.

As an X360 owner I am so disappointed right now. It's just a first impression but Sony's PS4 reveal was a masterpiece compared to this ... thing. :/

It's sad that MS forgot who put them in the "#1 spot" in the first place.

They have a chance for redemption at E3. 15 exclusives sound promising.

Horrible:

• No on-stage gameplay.
  • Not enough technical details.
  • They said Live was revamped but didn't say anything about it.
  • TV TV TV TV TV
  • Forced Kinect.

2/10, and that's only because I like the physical design of the system.

wrowa

Xbox One / 10

There was no point to this conference. Everything they've shown and said could have been summed up in 10 or 20 minutes. The only things I know now that I didn't know before is that the new Xbox has a strange name, and has a whole lot of TV features that probably won't be available in Europe. Great.

Oh, and of course, I can also play sport games and shooter on the console.

Anteater

It was as terrible as e3, but I didn't watch the ps4 reveal event to compare to.

It was just too predictable outside of Remedy's new game, I'm also not their target audience for some of the games.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd like to see this thread made in off topic because I think Microsoft showed off one hell of a cable box.

Sydle

8/10

Love the ambition, I am that demographic that wants everything they have to offer. I was really hoping to see a Rare game though...that would have made it a 10.

3/10

And all of that 3 is because of a new Remedy IP. 0/10 without it.

Honestly, it's looking like they're saving all the good stuff for E3. But pandering to the mass media and almost completely ignoring their core fanbase in this reveal - especially when they've promoted this so heavily on Xbox Live - was a big mistake.

The problem is, Xbox isn't 'cool' anymore. The console even looks like a cable box from the 90s.

Despite all of this, I still expect they'll win the next generation. Because Microsoft knows that console gaming is slowly dying, and that's why they've made a box that can appeal to such a broader audience.

Top Bottom