• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Fast and the Furious Movies

Rate the Fast and the Furious Movies (Pick Top 5)

• The Fast and the Furious

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Fast & Furious

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Fast 5

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Fast & Furious 6

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Furious 7

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • The Fate of the Furious

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

ManaByte

The series that started out as a Point Break rip-off where the main characters were stealing DVD players has its tenth physics defying movie finally hitting US theaters this week.

So, pick your top 5.

Mine:
1. Fast & Furious 6
2. Hobbs and Shaw
3. Fate of the Furious
4. Fast 5
5. Tokyo Drift

dr_octagon

Banned
Fast And Furious Dk GIF by The Fast Saga

Gp1

Brazilian/The rock one (but by far), tokyo drift, fast 1, maybe the Jason Statham/paul walker farewell.

The rest... meh

ZehDon

I think I've seen the first four? They were decent enough; first is probably still my favourite. According to the trailers for the most recent one, they now have rocket cars and weaponised magnets. I feel like I've missed a lot.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The first movie and Tokyo Drift are the only ones I'd recommend watching and the only ones I consider decent.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
1. Fast Five - It's the best in the series for me, due to the initial shock of what I watched this series turn into. Big action, big emotion, and big money scores. The last half hour is the best sort of stuff that action movies have to offer.

2. - Furious 7 - It's just so over the top. Jason Statham in that opening scene, the flying cars, Tony Jaa... I had so much fun watching this dumb, dumb ass movie.

3. - Fast & Furious - It's weird and gritty, but they're in mourning, man! The melodrama made me chuckle more often than not, but I liked the story and a single-minded Dom on the prowl looking for vengeance was the guy at his most dangerous.

4. - Fast & Furious 6 - I was a big fan of Evil Letty, and this dark rival family in general. It had that cool flipping car and the tank sequence and he stomps a god damn parking garage onto the bad guy. Plus, when the mid-credits sequence hit, it had the moment of "oh shit, we're finally caught up, we're doing this!!!"

5. The Fast and the Furious - This was a silly movie back then, and it feels even sillier now. But boy, it was fun to go back to last month. There's just enough of Point Break in there to make me appreciation it, and the hyper speed NOS just makes it even better.

6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - It's a stupid fucking movie, which unfortunately didn't live up to the hype that the GB crew started for me. Han is so great, the mythical treatment of drifting is hilarious, and they built that cool Franken Mustang.

7. 2 Fast 2 Furious - What a piece of shit. Hot damn, I didn't like this movie AT ALL. Another one I never saw til Film and 40s, so it was nice to finally get some background on Roman and Tej, who are by far the best parts of this one. But unfortunately, it sucks hard!

Ok, that's all I got!

HoodWinked

Y'all are some uncultured swine. Fast Five was the turning point of the series. It was the moment it legitimized itself as a true heist film and incredibly that safe scene was done using practical effects.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Y'all are some uncultured swine. Fast Five was the turning point of the series. It was the moment it legitimized itself as a true heist film and incredibly that safe scene was done using practical effects.

This. 5 was a reboot of sorts after three direct-to-video tier sequels that followed the original.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The first 3 and perhaps one of the newer ones, that's it

AJUMP23

The first one is good, 5 is fun as they reinvent them selves into a team of super-heros, but all the movies are pretty bad.

Ryu1999

1) OG
2) Tokyo Drift - Nathalie Kelley
3) Fast 5
4) 2Fast - So corny, but so good

Rest were meh to me (but I still make it a point to watch new ones)

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I only ever saw 1 & 5 originally, but my friend convinced me to watch them all as "You have to trust the system"

Holy hell these movies are bad. I think my brain broke when when in 4 they said they were looking for "Nitro Meth" -- which, at first I thought was just some hilarious fake drug, only to find out it's apparently some type of fuel.

I've now seen 1, 2, 4, 5, and Hobbs & Shaw (Saw Hobbs & Shaw separately form this endeavor) -- 5 was easily, EASILY the best. A solid 6/10 heist movie. (Haven't watched Tokyo Drift because we're watching it in 'chronological' order)

Hobbs & Shaw would have won if it didn't have the bullshit "family is the real strength" ending.

MastaKiiLA

My ranking of the films will differ from some of your's, motly because I quite enjoyed the Hobbs & Shaw film.

1. OG The Fast and the Furious - the originator that featured cars and street racing
  2. Furious 7 - flying cars, and it was Brian's last ride
  3. Fast & Furious 6 - that tank chase is still my favorite scene in the franchise
  4. Fast 5 - a loooooot of people died, and we will never speak of it
  5. Hobbs & Shaw - Rock and Statham have good chemistry, and i enjoyed both the action and cast of characters
  6. 2 Fast 2 Furious - it might have deviated the most from the FF formula, but it's quite memorable
  7. Fast & Furious - i didn't care for Braga, but it had some solid action
  8. Tokyo Drift - Lucas Black is just the worst....
  9. Fath of the Furious - fucking worst movie in the franchise, and it's because Rock and Vin couldn't get their shit together

I'm hoping F9 can at least match F7 in quality, given they've had extra time to make sure it's as good as it can be. The trailers look great, but I'm not sure how the Cena and Vin chemistry will work out. F5 started off with Rock as a menacing new foe for the crew to deal with, but had him doing WWE promos by the next movie. Cena looks like a badass, but are we going to see him softened too, in order to keep Dom as the sole badass in the franchise? I feel like Vin Diesel having as much creative control over the stories isn't a good thing. It's all Superman Dom, and a bunch of groupies. The first movie wasn't really about that. We've got rocket cars now, so the cartoonish stuff won't be going away, but I at least want to see some more compelling characters in the franchise, and not just have 90+ minutes of Diesel growling his way through lines.

Cravis

I think 2 Fast 2 Fast is underrated. It was knocked at the time for not having Diesel but it’s a blast. It definitely has not aged well and is the most late 90s EXTREME TUDE out of them all but, man I love it.

Hungry Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

I loved the little short film that bridged the events of Fast and the Furious with 2 Fast 2 Furious.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I recently rewatched the first one and I am really interested in how they explain how Dom's brother was always living in his shadow, when for most of Dom's life he was working in a garage and stealing DVD players, not exactly a high bar.
On topic: Fast 5 was by far my favorite. Still had normalish cars but it was kinda a heist movie with a bonkers finale.

Last edited:

Dural

I’ve seen all the movies but Hobbs and Shaw at the theater and nearly walked out of fate of the furious because it was so bad. I barely have any interest in the next movie with how bad that was.

My ranking:

Liamario

Banned
The one where vin diesel returned to the franchise was good. From that point on they got more and more stupid. They were entertaining in a tongue in cheek way, but now they're just not entertaining for me.

GymWolf

I don't care for the saga and i only watched the first 3.

The third one is the one i dislike less, mostly for the music.

Pitch black is by far the best vin diesel movie, fight me.

Banjo64

cumsessed
1. The original.
2. Tokyo Drift

The rest are fun romps, and I like them all, but those 2 (Tokyo Drift in particular) are the only ones that are good movies.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
1. Furious 7
2. Tokyo Drift
3. Fast Five
4. Fate
5. The Fast and the Furious

I enjoy the series, but I hated Hobbs & Shaw. I love that the setpieces get more and more unbelievable with each entry, and I fully expect to see cars falling out of orbit by the finale. Somehow the action is way more nuts than the superhero brawls we've been getting.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The first one and Tokyo Drift are the best. There is one or two between 4-8 that are good, but I couldn’t remember which one particularly, and I am afraid to vote for one of the ones I hated the most.

Raven117

Gold Member
Absolutely love that Tokyo Drift is getting some love here.

I have told people for years it is easily the sleeper best movie in the series.

Valonquar

Whichever one it was where they are driving through town with an entire safe vault room chained between cars wrecking the city was peak Furious.

Sybrix

I hate the first 4, they take themselves way too seriously, its like the film genuinely thinks its some sort of capture of real life street racing and has important messages to deliver and the films just turn out to be embarrassing.

Fast 5 onwards is where they suddenly realise the franchise should be goofy action flicks which is the perfect setting for these films, they now don't take themselves to seriously and they are quite enjoyable to watch at the Cinema because of this.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

7. 2 Fast 2 Furious - What a piece of shit. Hot damn, I didn't like this movie AT ALL. Another one I never saw til Film and 40s, so it was nice to finally get some background on Roman and Tej, who are by far the best parts of this one. But unfortunately, it sucks hard!

that movie might not be good but i remember watching it as a 12yo or so and having one of my first crushes because of her

MV5BMTUwOTI5OTI5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODQ3NTE3._V1_UY1200_CR118,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

i'm not even a fan of the series i think i also watched tokyo drift and thought it was alright

Last edited:
Top Bottom