• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the overall E3!

How was E3?

• Total voters

Dargor

It was bad. Not the worst, even though I can't of any, I'm sure there was one that was worst than this.

wipeout364

I voted OK. Some good points a lot of meh, and way too many CG trailers with no gameplay, I felt like I was back in the PS1 era. I don’t mind CG but at least show me what kind of game it is at the minimum.

zenspider

It was fun enough. This year Nintendo brought the goods and allocated my budget for the rest of the year, but I dearly missed exciting showings from Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Bethesda, etc., even though I usually don't buy their stuff.

PsyEd

Imho it wasn't that bad...it wasn't that good either. Dull games and cyberpunk and keanu is all I remember....everything else is a blur.

ZehDon

Gold Member
It was the games industry in holding pattern; outside of Cyberpunk 2077, no one is really bringing major shakeup titles. Standards sequels and mobile games. It was a fun ride, as E3 always is, but everything but Keanu will be forgotten before the end of July.

yeah, "it was okay" would be my pick. no Sony, plus a lack of new titles that really interest me over all. outside of Doom, FFVII remake, Cyberpunk 2077, and a couple smaller titles, there really isn't anything ground shattering. but it's understandable since like some people said, this is basically the last E3 before the next gen, and I'm sure next year's E3 would be more fun to watch.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I thought it was great. Square-Enix's conference was awesome and MS's conference was great as well. Nintendo had some cool announcements as well.

Codes 208

Id call it disappointing. There were definitely some highlights amongst Nintendo, square and ms but the rest of it was...god awful. Id actually rather have sony’s theatrical shenanigans over half that shit.

It certainly wasnt ps3 $599 or MS 2008 levels of bad but it was still pretty bad.

FranXico

3.2/10 one of the worst ever. Not even memorable bad moments.
Actually, good E3s usually have both good and bad memorable moments. You have moments of amazing hype as well as ridiculous moments that will live on as memes for a long time.
The best E3s entertain us all for a lot of reasons.

This E3 was okay, some solid press conferences, but nothing really out there.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Although it would kill dev attendees, here's a bold idea to keep interest. Any dev or publisher promoting a game has to following one of these rules. Devs pick which to follow:

1. Show more games, less presenter chit chat
- In return for cutting down on suits gabbing forever, a game maker showing more game footage must show gameplay footage for all games..... 30 seconds minimum for full budget games

2. Show less games, more presenter filibustering
- In return for letting a dev speak forever killing time, a game maker showing less game time on screen must show gamelay footage for all games..... 1 minute minimum for full budget games

Apply to both
- Indie games can be montaged as usual with 2 second clips
- No game shown can be purely a CGI or rendered trailer

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
This one is really difficult, as the majority of it was bad... but Cyberpunk, Final Fantasy 7 and Animal Crossing were all I wanted out of this e3 and I got them in spades (all got release dates, all had great showings, FFVII’s gameplay looked far beyond anything I could have ever hoped for (I was hugely against an action rpg, I am eating crow at how wrong i was!)

SpartanN92

Banned
*I was really impressed with Halo Infinite. I was blown away by how good Chief looks!
*Extremely disappointed with the lack of Gears 5 campaign
*Excited for Scarlett but underwhelmed by the reveal (cringe at eats monsters for breakfast)
*Elite Controller V2 looks awesome
*Pleasantly surprised by Flight Simulator
*Laughed my way through the Bethesda conference

Overall it was okay. Not great.

Ol'Scratch

I think that E3 was positive all around. It demonstrated growth, and it demonstrated that the future looks fantastic. There were (in my opinion) no true low spots. Next year should be epic.

Ol'Scratch

Not enough gameplay/10
I was cranky about gameplay until I gave it some thought. Devs would have to be out of their minds to release gameplay for some of their announcements, with everyone running immediately to Digital Foundry and the like and acting as if the sky is falling for every little thing that will still be tweaked on the road to release. I love stuff like Capcom and Nintendo's side streams where they show people playing games closer to release.

SweetShark

At first I was only interested for DOOM Eternal.
I wasn't disappointed. It's presentation was SO GOOD!!!
Plus SquareEnix made me care to play at past FFVII.
E3 was great for me!!!

Area61

Other than all those MS hypes E3 was somewhat OK I guess.
Really missed gameplay demos at press conference cause of Sony obviously.

thelastword

Banned
Square's conference was the best......FF7 Remake, FF8 Remastered (favourite FF of that era), Life is Strange 2, and from PC: Remnant from the ashes.....The presenter/publisher who promised the most delivered the least IMO...

Overall a very cookie cutter conference, a few games look nice........I think MS flight simulator looks dapper, just hope the graphics look like that or better and it runs at a nice clip....

thelastword

Banned
Forgot to say, that I like what I saw of Blair Witch, looks pretty good...….I hope they can nail it and give us a solid SP game there....

Verdanth

giphy.gif

Top Bottom