• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven bans 50,000 COD: Warzone players, but what sort of solution can put an end to the hacker/cheater menace?

Have you run into hackers/cheaters (Aim bots, headshot hack, wall hack, shoot through wall hack)

• Yes

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I don't give a shit about COD Warzone

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • Yes, could someone at Activision do something concrete about fixing this issue?

Votes: 25 14.5%

• Total voters
So Raven Software posted this tweet a few days ago and funnily enough as they posted this I ran into series of matches where we were defeated by Aimbot/Headshot hackers (mostly it's a single dude in quads or duo hackers in quads). Dying to great players or good players is quite entertaining as we get a chance to learn from their play. But we literally learn nothing from dying to hackers/cheaters. What do you think could be a permanent or a more foolproof solution to hackers/cheaters because these hackers who get banned, just end up creating another account and continue with their miserable attitude.

There are also newer hacks where hackers just end up unlocking weapon camos and stuff (Players Nickmercs and TimTheTatman have run into such hackers too).

I have clocked in around 1050 hours into Warzone on PS4/PS5 ever since it launched back in 2020 and the game didn't have such a big wave of hackers/cheaters until 2021 :(

Last edited:
Not sure how widespread it is on the consoles but i recently decided to turn off cross play as I assume most of the hackers are pc players anyway with their aimbots and shit.

the problem is sometimes it takes forever to find matches with crossplay disabled, but have a few buddies who game on PC/Xbox thus cross play is a godsend feature. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the consoles also have aimbot/no recoil hacks using USB thumbsticks?

AFMichel

Neo Member
the problem is sometimes it takes forever to find matches with crossplay disabled, but have a few buddies who game on PC/Xbox thus cross play is a godsend feature. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the consoles also have aimbot/no recoil hacks using USB thumbsticks?
yes with things linke cronus oder xim anti recoil is possible, aimbot and wallhacks are not possible on most console games, there are games like pubg in which you can read the unsecured packet traffic from your router and see the map with players on a second screen

Klik

I wish there was an option to turn on crossplay just between Playstation-Xbox without PC.

With all due respect towards PC gamers, I hate being matched with pc players, i left PC gaming because of cheaters

Last edited:

Ironbunny

Not sure how widespread it is on the consoles but i recently decided to turn off cross play as I assume most of the hackers are pc players anyway with their aimbots and shit.

It's quite common now. Kids use controller adapters that have macros and mods for anti-recoil, aim-assist, rapid-fire etc. Those adapters have settings for every gun in the game and are pretty much undetectable as the adapter sits between the controller and the console.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
MQrNBl1.jpg

gaf best gaf <3
burn it the fuck down

Last edited:

Kupfer

I really - really - enjoyed playing warzone and have been since the beginning. But instead of improving the game, it got worse update by update, season by season. The community, if you can even call it a community, has degenerated into a kindergarten. If warzone was a somewhat grounded military shooter in the CoD universe at the beginning, there are now squeaky-colorfully dressed, with glowing weapons equipped, snowflakes running around, who wonder and cry when camouflage or dark skins are not as visible as their expensive, super funny and self-deprecating, premium skins. Plus always new bugs, glitches, skill based match making from hell . It's become the norm that new weapons are always way too strong and change the whole META game. Coincidentally, the new META weapons are always bundled in the store, so if you want to use them right from the start and before they are patched, you have to buy them for a lot of money. It's just such an incredibly cheeky scam. But the update back to the 80's has then given the game for me the death blow. I've still done a few matches, but it just does not excite me anymore, first I deleted it with a heavy heart from the computer and the PS5, but I really do not miss it at all - would not have thought, after hundreds of hours of play.

@Topic: 50.000? Sounds like a joke to me.

Last edited:
Is there any tech in the game that allows you to see through walls?
Because just yesterday I was crouched in the corner of a room behind a closed door and a dude opens the door and fires through it right at me sitting in the corner.
I never made any sounds before he entered, didn't shoot my gun or sprint, nothing. I was just sat there cause I was going through my load out. So how would he know I was sitting in a corner or an office block that had multiple corners and hiding spots. How did he know I was in that specific corner.
Didn't hear anything about UAVs in the air either. But can UAVs see through walls too?

Last edited:
Also have to add this: in that same game I was playing where I got downed behind a closed door I spectated the last few guys and one of the had a sniper that was quick scoping a guy across the map on a rooftop. This dude was running around and sliding while hitting someone else hundreds of yards away with no clear line of sight to the target. Even I couldn't see what he was hitting but the armor break icon kept coming up so he was clearly hitting someone.

There was nothing about aiming down sight for a few seconds and picking a shot. This guy was raising and lowering his sniper rifle and shooting once all in one movement while sprinting around like a scalded rat, reloading and rinse and repeat.
First thought that came to mind was something funky is going on. How the fuck are you hitting someone that far out without seeing the person and every shot you take hits the target.

The dude getting hit must've kept restocking armor as well. Are people this fucking good in Warzone ?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Is there any tech in the game that allows you to see through walls?
Because just yesterday I was crouched in the corner of a room behind a closed door and a dude opens the door and fires through it right at me sitting in the corner.
I never made any sounds before he entered, didn't shoot my gun or sprint, nothing. I was just sat there cause I was going through my load out. So how would he know I was sitting in a corner or an office block that had multiple corners and hiding spots. How did he know I was in that specific corner.
Didn't hear anything about UAVs in the air either. But can UAVs see through walls too?
Could by the motion sensor. Watch the replay next time you’re in doubt

Could by the motion sensor. Watch the replay next time you’re in doubt
My death cam just showed him moving up to the building I was in and lowly opening the door and aiming through it right at me.

I try to avoid UAVs like the plague now there motion sensors too?
Fuck it, I just can't.

I really - really - enjoyed playing warzone and have been since the beginning. But instead of improving the game, it got worse update by update, season by season. The community, if you can even call it a community, has degenerated into a kindergarten. If warzone was a somewhat grounded military shooter in the CoD universe at the beginning, there are now squeaky-colorfully dressed, with glowing weapons equipped, snowflakes running around, who wonder and cry when camouflage or dark skins are not as visible as their expensive, super funny and self-deprecating, premium skins. Plus always new bugs, glitches, skill based match making from hell . It's become the norm that new weapons are always way too strong and change the whole META game. Coincidentally, the new META weapons are always bundled in the store, so if you want to use them right from the start and before they are patched, you have to buy them for a lot of money. It's just such an incredibly cheeky scam. But the update back to the 80's has then given the game for me the death blow. I've still done a few matches, but it just does not excite me anymore, first I deleted it with a heavy heart from the computer and the PS5, but I really do not miss it at all - would not have thought, after hundreds of hours of play.

@Topic: 50.000? Sounds like a joke to me.
So sorry to hear that mate.
After spectating the last 10 players in some random War zone round I'm gona nope out of the game too. I don't know if I'm dealing with aliens or metahumans but these guys are like wild fucking monkeys man.
Jump sliding, quick scoping monkeys on crack with inch perfect aim.
Normally in competitive FPS shootets I'll take on a few guys.
But in Warzone if I hear some dudes are hunting me, im looking for a good hiding spot.
Can't play like this.
I mean I'm not a pussy and all that...
Ok y
Ok maybe a little 😂😅

Last edited:

Shifty1897

I thought you had to tie an account to a phone number for MFA now. Can you create an account without a phone number?

Also the other day I got lucky and annihilated a dude through a wooden fence completely unseen and was sure I was going to be reported for cheating.

Last edited:

BigLee74

So sorry to hear that mate.
After spectating the last 10 players in some random War zone round I'm gona nope out of the game too. I don't know if I'm dealing with aliens or metahumans but these guys are like wild fucking monkeys man.
Jump sliding, quick scoping monkeys on crack with inch perfect aim.
Normally in competitive FPS shootets I'll take on a few guys.
But in Warzone if I hear some dudes are hunting me, im looking for a good hiding spot.
Can't play like this.
I mean I'm not a pussy and all that...
Ok y
Ok maybe a little 😂😅

Matched with console players of similar skill, Warzone is quite simply the best game ever made.

Matched with K&M PC players, Warzone is shite. Complete shite.

Just spectate a squad of PC players that put you out. Laugh as the snap onto people with ease, and perform turns and moves just not possible on a controller without turning sensitivity way up (which would then render you unable to aim).

Controllers simply can’t compete. The best you can hope for is that you survive long enough so that they have already wiped each other out, or that you get lucky and manage to encounter them unaware.

The advantage good PC players have (never mind the outright cheats) cannot be downplayed enough. And I say this as a guy who is more than adept with a keyboard and mouse (22 years of Unreal Tournament).

Console crossplay needs to be a thing going forward.

Shmunter

My death cam just showed him moving up to the building I was in and lowly opening the door and aiming through it right at me.

I try to avoid UAVs like the plague now there motion sensors too?
Fuck it, I just can't.

Hehe, how do you not know about this gem….

images

However, you can counter it with the appropriate perk in a load out. Can’t recall which one, been to long.

Last edited:
Matched with console players of similar skill, Warzone is quite simply the best game ever made.

Just spectate a squad of PC players that put you out. Laugh as the snap onto people with ease, and perform turns and moves just not possible on a controller without turning sensitivity way up (which would then render you unable to aim).

Controllers simply can’t compete. The best you can hope for is that you survive long enough so that they have already wiped each other out, or that you get lucky and manage to encounter them unaware.

The advantage good PC players have (never mind the outright cheats) cannot be downplayed enough. And I say this as a guy who is more than adept with a keyboard and mouse (22 years of Unreal Tournament).

I've done just that. Of the few times I died playing some rounds over the last weekend, that's exactly what happened.
These guys snap to target effortlessly while doing all this crazy shit of sprint sliding with what looks like mouse movement sensitivity turned up to 11.
My eyes and brain can't keep up...and I'm the fucking spectator.
Can't watch for too long either cause I get a bit dizzy. Sitting less than a mere away from an ultrawide monitor probably doesn't help but fuckit. I'm done with this game. Installed over the weekend. Uninstalling it tomorrow.

images

However, you can counter it with the appropriate perk in a load out. Can’t recall which one, been to long.
Oh right I remember that shit 🤣
I know you can counter it with a perk.
I'd love call of duty warzone without this all this tech shit.

(1) MOUSE vs CONTROLLER - Which Is Better & Should You Switch?? [Warzone Academy] - YouTube

Controller on PC is the meta. There's a few m+k players near the top and the rest is all cracked out scuf 'demons' with generous aim assist.

ZywyPL

Banned
Paywall is the only solution IMO. And I don't mean paying for the game itself because that doesn't solve anything, but paying for creating an account for the game, like 5-10 bucks or whatever - you get banned, go ahead, make a new account, but you'll have to pay again. You get banned once again? Pay once again. And so on. That's a problem with not just the F2P video games and cheaters/bots, I see a similar behavior on every single platform that's free to use - FB, IG, YT, Twitter, Twitch, you name it, if something is free and there's no moderation, many people enter a keyboard warrior/troll mode, because they know damn well there are no consequences, and there are no more punishing consequences than the ones that hit your wallet directly.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For console cheaters caught, you got to make another user name and buy another PS+/Gold.

For PC gamers caght cheating, whats the consequence aside from getting your COD account locked?

Is it as easy as a PC gamer just making another account and doing it again? Or do anti-cheat devices and game makers scan your computer to ban it again if you try to make another profile?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Whats bad is cheating is becoming worse on console as well but not near the extent as PC.

Sadly when I do play any game like COD even if I run into a great player its always in the back of my mind is he that good or is he getting some help.

Shmunter

Whats bad is cheating is becoming worse on console as well but not near the extent as PC.

Sadly when I do play any game like COD even if I run into a great player its always in the back of my mind is he that good or is he getting some help.
Yes, it’s really taking the shine out of multiplayer games. Just the fact of not knowing where you stand simply pushes me away.

Something needs to be done. If multi was free on console, it would be difficult to argue. But not while there is cash being handed over, not something we should stand for.

MikeM

images

Saw this yesterday, and they were three bots in a duos game. They didn't engage eachother at all. I was waiting for fireworks to third party them all but nope. Was very disappointed. Still killed both bots solo tho.

Aion002

Yes console cheating is growing have seen that dominator strike pack in action with its paid mod pass, just ruins games.
And it's so easy to buy this crap. Even Amazon sells it...

Those companies/sellers should be sued. They're basically making games worse.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Walmart, Best Buy and Gamestop all sell these devices right next to the controllers and its a huge part of why my nephews use them flat saying "If they were illegal to use Walmart wouldnt sell them"

Their favorite "mod" in Warzone is using the single shot DMR in full auto with zero recoil with heavy aim assist on their PS4

Sony

Nintendo

PC Crossplay is turned on by default on Xbox and you can't turn it off. Which is perplexingly dumb.

HTK

Banned
Like I said before, I think crossplay is amazing and should stay around moving forward. However, developers and console manufacturers need to get on the same page when it comes to cheating across any device, they are simply everywhere on PC and Console.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Unless its something crazy like organ transplants, people and companies have flexibility to sell whatever they want on Amazon. It's so hands off, our Amazon account manager doesn't even talk to the buyer at head office. It's all very vague and you submit product listings and someone there looks at it and agrees on cost so it'll get approved yes or no.

But nobody there has any care to understand the products. Probably because there's so many products and they want to just offer the highest number of selection at the expense of quality if it's a suitable product. If something goes bad it'll be from customers complaining and then Amazon looks into it.

No other account works this way, even if they have big online store along with their brick store.

Last edited:

recursive

MetalRain

I don't really care for Warzone but I do still play MW multiplayer and I guess same hacks work with that as well.

I think best thing one could do is to somehow detect hacking and them matchmake hackers against each other. You could also make matchmaking take more time for hackers (like instead of minute it takes five minutes) so they are encouraged not to play, but not directly reveal that you suspect them being hackers.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
Teenage Mutant teenage bitches ... BANZERED !!!

aaaahaahahahaah ... I bet there is a lot of meltdown at SevenSins/Reddit.

Top Bottom