• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raving Rabbids Travel in Time (Wii) [U-CONF]

FoneBone

If there's already a thread, I can't find one. Not clear if this is another minigame fest, or a Rabbids Go Home sequel. Anyways: awesome CG trailer here.

watkinzez

I'm doubting this is in the vein of Rabbids Go Home since it's coming this year, but at least the trailer is as funny as ever.

I'm pretty shocked that this is still a Wii exclusive, actually. Not that I care that much, but the lack of Move or Kinect versions is fairly surprising.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If its a new entry in their minigame collections, I'll pass.

If its similar to Rabbids Go Home, I'm there day one. I thoroughlly enjoyed that game.

freddy

Banned
Father_Brain said:
I'm pretty shocked that this is still a Wii exclusive, actually. Not that I care that much, but the lack of Move or Kinect versions is fairly surprising.

I'd say whatever resources Ubisoft have to devote to Move and Kinect have been busy with other games from what we've been shown so far. With 3DS coming as well with a possible Rayman I'd say things are already stretched pretty thin.

Lijik

The trailer just makes so much sense as an adventure game where you go around fucking with time.

I can see it being an adventure game since Ubisoft Paris was apparently in touch enough with Go Home's development to incorporate the art style into TV Party, but it could go either way. Fingers crossed

Didn't like the first game, but I did enjoy TV Party as well as Rabbids Go Home, so if it's mini-games I won't cross it off entirely. Something in the style of Go Home would be better, though.

Lijik

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
cautiously optimistic.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Damn, was hoping for another Go Home style platfomer, since that was actually one of the stronger third party efforts on Wii. Still holding out a sliver of hope...

stuminus3

Yeeeeessss!!! I know this is at odds with pretty much all of GAF, but I love the Rabbids. I'm happy if it's like TV Party or like Go Home or like something else entirely. I was worried they'd kill them off after the (totally awesome) Go Home was (criminally) ignored.

Haunted

Rabbids Go Home was really good, shame it got completely overlooked.

Not sure I'm up for another Rabbids partygame with Wii Party on the horizon and everything.

Confirmed to be party game collection, but with online multiplayer capabilities, M+.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/110/1102693p1.html

UbiPressRelease said:
Gamers will be able to play over 20 different games with 5 different rich and deep gameplay types from flying to bouncing. For the first time in a Wii party-game, games will be playable either online or split-screen with up to 4 players. Several games will also offer improved accuracy as they utilize the Wii MotionPlusTM accessory for enhanced precision and control.
UbiPressRelease said:
Social gaming and competition: Not only will players be able to compete with their friends in a unique online multiplayer mode, but they will also have the opportunity to share and compare their scores and trophies with the entire Rabbids community. Players can also link their game profile to their Facebook profile.

stuminus3

Online play? Facebook integration? The party is over. :lol

Good to see more M+ games, I wonder if they'll have any balance board-compatible modes again. TV Party is the best reason to own a balance board, IMO.

Lijik

02.jpg

Jesus christ, if you're going to reveal its a minigame collection don't make one of the screens look like a platformer. It only increases the sting :lol

batbeg

Sorry to hear it isn't a platformer, though I'm part of the problem anyways, having not bought the last one but having contributed to the party games.

Maybe this one will be fun? :(

Shiggy

Wasn't it pretty clear that it wouldn't be a RGH successor? This game is done by Ubisoft Paris, the other one was done by Ubisoft Montpellier. In addition, the RGH team started a PS3 shooter after RGH was finished.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Fuck, first news I've learned this is another party game instead of a continuation from Rabbids Go Home...:sigh: Premise would have been awesome for an adventure game too.

AniHawk

at least we're getting a time travel game from telltale that is based off something great that isn't a minigame collection

Lijik

Shiggy said:
Wasn't it pretty clear that it wouldn't be a RGH successor? This game is done by Ubisoft Paris, the other one was done by Ubisoft Montpellier. In addition, the RGH team started a PS3 shooter after RGH was finished.

I don't see how Ubisoft Paris developing it made it clear-cut that it wasn't a RGH successor when they were also the developers behind the successors to Montpellier's Rayman 2 and Rabbids 1.

Shiggy

FoneBone said:
This is public knowledge?

Should be, it was cancelled in April though.

I don't see how Ubisoft Paris developing it made it clear-cut that it wasn't a RGH successor when they were also the developers behind the successors to Montpellier's Rayman 2 and Rabbids 1.

Didn't know that they were working on Rayman 3. ;)

CTLance

When oh when will they make my dream come true and release a Rabbids Lemmings clone. It's ridiculously straightforward, why hasn't it been done yet? It would be perfect for Wiiware. *starts sobbing*

Oh well. Another party game, huh? Not interested. I consider myself milked dry.

Top Bottom