• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Here's how the guy made the fake

Update: Video of character selection screen.
This was taken down by the user, so here's a mirror.

Update 2: Short video of Rayman being unlocked.

Don't know if 4chan is allowed on here, but here is the source.
QiZ5uKL.jpg

It looks pretty real to me, but but I wouldn't be surprised if this leak is a fake.

Close the thread if this stuff isn't allowed.

Edit: Here's another leak from the 3DS version, but this may not be from the same person that leaked the first 5 pictures. This may be a fake made in the last few hours. Source.
GVnrOXg.png

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh God

I knew it

Now that we have DLCs we'll never leave the Smash pre-release cycle.

Richie

Man, I'm trusting this less because of Rayman's eyebrows and more because that Mewtwo just seems off.

If we're getting 3rd party characters as DLC, there's a certain veteran who comes first, though.

Cade

Assets look high quality, that Mewtwo render isn't old, and the way the CSS is aligned with those two is identical to the already released CSS (text being slightly above the black, character portrait slightly overlapping it).

#TeamReal

Mewtwo's render is very believable and I don't recall ever seeing it before.

And yeah Rayman's model does match the trophy's style, though yeah the eyebrows are off a bit.

Undecided.

Kitoro

Out of all the possible reasons to call it fake, the most biggest one to me would be it wouldn't say "Joins the Battle!" Don't most, if not all characters have their own witty blurbs to take place of a generic line like that?

"Rayman winds up!" would have been more convincing, for example.

Kriken

Would love for this to be legit, but that model looks shopped

Edit, the eyebrows throw me off to much, even the trophy's brows aren't that thick
zlCfzSKfcbgPaO3izM

what is photoshop

Not to say these are real, but neither of those renders are of existing art.

Something to note, but there's no room for both Mewtwo and Rayman without some CSS adjustment. Mewtwo would push someone to the next row, which only has one slot left. What will need to happen is one of the one-off characters, or Doc, would need to move to the first row of the CSS. Considering the one offs are in chronological order, even the one offs on other rows, it doesn't seem like that's the case, and they actually moved Doc. Otherwise Duck Hunt would shift up to the first row, and ROB would move to his current spot, to maintain the proper order.

Doc moving next to Mario, or at the end of the Mario characters (after Bowser Jr or after Wario) would basically be the only option to make that CSS, as present in the image, work.

Out of all the possible reasons to call it fake, the most biggest one to me would be it wouldn't say "Joins the Battle!" Don't most, if not all characters have their own witty blurbs to take place of a generic line like that?

"Rayman winds up!" would have been more convincing, for example.

Only in trailers, not in-game

Top Bottom