• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends confirmed for Vita [Up: Official, Gets Exclusive Content]

Endless

Eurogamer.es and other spanish sites are reporting that Rayman Legends is coming to Vita on August 29.

Edit: Press release

Edit 2: Trailer

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES RAYMAN®LEGENDS LEAPING ONTO PLAYSTATION® VITA

Juanjomg said:
Madrid, Spain — May28th, 2013 —Today, Ubisoft announces Rayman fans will be able to enjoy Rayman Legends on Playstation Vita. Rayman Legends on Vita will be released alongside the console versions on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps playable with Murphy, the green bottle fly seen in previous Rayman games, controlled through the Rear TouchPad. A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation.Players can also compete with one another in the online challenges and compare rankings in the online leaderboards.

In addition to the five Vita-specific maps, two exclusive costumes were created by the Ubisoft Montpellier team. Fans will have the opportunity to dress Rayman in a costume from Prince of Persia, the legendary hero of Ubisoft popular franchise, while Globox can be dressed in a costume from the famous spy series, Splinter Cell.

Rayman Legends will also be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U™ at the same time, on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman’s graphics to the next level.

For more information on Rayman Legends, please visit: www.raymanlegends.com

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Can only imagine it looks fantastic on Vita, hope it does, don't personally own a Vita but it's a great game too.

VanWinkle

Great news but we need an announcement. Origins on Vita was AMAZING. I had it on PS3 too but hardly ever played it.

GulAtiCa

Since Vita has a touch screen, I assume it will contain the Murphy levels?

I'm getting it for the Wii U, but I could potentially see myself also getting it for Vita.

Nibel

And that's it

Sorry Wii U version but I'll stick to this; I'll play Mario Universe on you instead, promised bruh

KurowaSan

And that's the version I'll buy. It's such a perfect fit for the system, as much as Ducktales, D&D or Castle of Illusion would be, you hear me Capcom/Sega!

YISS!
Do you know how awesome Origins looked on the Vita?
I hope the include multiplayer this time, then its the best version.
(Maybe the WiiU Touchpad parts as CrossControler DLC for Ps3/Vita)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Since Vita has a touch screen, I assume it will contain the Murphy levels?

I'm getting it for the Wii U, but I could potentially see myself also getting it for Vita.
5 exclusive Murphy levels, 2 new costumes inspired by Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, and local co op.

La edición portátil incluirá, además del contenido original, cinco mapas exclusivos con Muyfy y dos atuendos nuevos, uno inspirado en Prince of Persia y otro inspirado en Splinter Cell. Además también vendrá con un modo multijugador local a través del cual podremos acceder al divertido modo cooperativo del juego.

Sakujou

Banned
isnt legends more about the multiplayer????

i really enjoyed origins on vita and was so dissappointed that ubisoft fucked up the 3ds version(played only the demo).

will buy it on wii u, but only if itll go on sale.

ubi soft should go fuck themselves for delaying this game beyond good and evil and also releasing it as a multiplatform game.

Juanjomg

Neo Member
UBISOFT ANNOUNCES RAYMAN®LEGENDS LEAPING ONTO PLAYSTATION® VITA

Madrid, Spain — May28th, 2013 —Today, Ubisoft announces Rayman fans will be able to enjoy Rayman Legends on Playstation Vita. Rayman Legends on Vita will be released alongside the console versions on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well asfiveexclusive maps playablewith Murphy, the greenbottle fly seen in previous Rayman games, controlled through the Rear TouchPad. A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation.Players can also compete with one anotherin the online challenges andcomparerankingsin the online leaderboards.

In addition to the five Vita-specific maps, two exclusive costumes were created by the Ubisoft Montpellier team. Fans will have the opportunity to dress Rayman in a costume from Prince of Persia, the legendary hero of Ubisoft popular franchise, while Globox can be dressed in a costume from the famous spy series, Splinter Cell.

Rayman Legends will also be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U™ at the same time, on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman’s graphics to the next level.

For more information on Rayman Legends, please visit: www.raymanlegends.com

SmokyDave

So it's official now?

Fucking sweet. That's the version I'll be getting then. I'm surprised they didn't put the AssCreed Liberation costume in.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh my God. :O

Looks like I'm grabbing two versions of this, then. Sweet!

1.21Gigawatts said:
Do you know how awesome Origins looked on the Vita?
It looked absolutely gorgeous. It was such a joy to play on that platform.

So awesome.

I'm assuming we would need two copies of the game to play local co-op, right? Might or might not be worth it, depending on the price.

Between this and Dragon's Crown imported from the US, this August is going to be pretty fucking great.

Huzzah, playing Origins on the Vita was a visual pleasure. Trying that 3DS demo after doing so was horrible ;-;

Meh, I'm playing it right now and having zero problems. Lower resolution, same awesome game. Apparently there was a 3DS update that sped up some of the choppier games, but I've honestly had very few complaints about it.

EDIT: Btw Rico, nice to see you migrate over from Dtoid!

VanWinkle

So it has the Murphy levels AND co-op via wi-fi?! Definitive version for me conformed (same game but playable anywhere)!

nampad

"Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content [...]"

I guess this means all Murphy levels? That would make this version considerably better than the PS3/360 one (except for MP fans).

Top Bottom