• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Vita missing content to be patched in for free.

New thread for new news ect. Thanks to the member Baconcow for discovery:

That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.
http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-legends-out-now/
Definitive version... in due time ;).

Too bad I already got the PS3 version but I might as well double dip once the game eventually comes to PS+

BigFwoosh

Good. The question is, was this response only prompted because people realized the content was missing, or were they planning to do this all along?

Lijik

Fantastic, glad to hear Vita players will get the full experience. The Dark Rayman invasion stages are some of the best stuff in the game imo, they dont mess around

Great stuff. I wonder will the missing trophies be added to the main game? Can they do that without making it "invasion DLC" or something?

They should really announce this kind of stuff before launches.

Honestly it almost feels like they tried to sneak that shit in and hope that people didn't care but after they got questioned from left and right in social media+press picked the story up they had to do something. They did say before that Vita version would have all the content the console versions had and they never corrected it until now.

sajj316

Good. The question is, was this response only prompted because people realized the content was missing, or were they planning to do this all along?

If so, way to go GAF and other Vitabros! If planned, poor delivery. I would have announced this in advance!

Avallon

Honestly it almost feels like they tried to sneak that shit in and hope that people didn't care but after they got questioned from left and right in social media+press picked the story up they had to do something. They did say before that Vita version would have all the content the console versions had and they never corrected it until now.
Sounds about right. It's not like they were unaware of the omission until people pointed it out to them.

Magwik

Banned
Fantastic news! Will wait until to buy the patch is released. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 will hold my attention until then.

Maedhros

Yup, that seems to be the case. This shit doesn't work at this era of internet, though.

Regardless, great news!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm very sceptical of Ubi so naturally I'm leaning towards the former.

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

I'm guessing the latter. They couldn't possibly have banked on the idea that nobody would notice; the news would've surfaced sooner or later and the backlash would've been inevitable.

jack.

Banned
Awesome news. Now patch in a way for me to play the Murfy levels with physical controls and I will be 100% happy.

Psyched to hear this. Started playing on my Vita last night and it's great fun.

By the way...were the special Vita costumes supposed to be a pre-order bonus or are they just in-game unlocks? I didn't get a code on my GameStop receipt so I'm curious now...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Purchase (and Ubi) redeemed.
I encountered the bad news here on GAF the same day Amazon shipped my order (which arrived last night, containing the Wii U and Vita versions).

A bit of pre-release transparency would have been nice from them, but at least their intentions are solid.

Still embarrassing it didn't ship with it

Ubi isn't some hero for giving gamers "free" DLC that should have been there in the first place

zhorkat

Watch them slowly push the "later date" further and further out until everyone finally gives up and stops caring.

Top Bottom