• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Wii U to be the most expensive version?

OryoN

So let's see if I got this right...

It wasn't bad enough that the Wii U is selling poorly
It wasn't bad enough that they withheld the Wii U game during a drought
It wasn't bad enough that Wii U lost exclusivity on the game
It wasn't bad enough the game is coming to consoles that each outnumber Wii U 20:1
It wasn't bad enough that the game now releases among really tough competition...

Nope, Operation: Wii Sabotage U wouldn't be a success until they have driven the final nail in the coffin with a more expensive Wii U version! Come on, Ubisoft!

_PsiFire_

Last year when the game was Wii U exclusive, the dev team said 30% of the game was touch based Murphy levels.

X360/PS3 getting 2/3 of the game for 3/4 the price?

Sure, they added some more content and Origin levels upgraded but that's coming to the Wii U as well.

When all is said and done, however, they will all be the same price and Wii U will still have more content.

moolamb

That might be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

It's really not, I half agree with him.

Economics lesson: if you know you'll sell fewer units, you need to increase the price to make the most profit out of it. Selling a million games at $2 or 50,000 at $40, you get the same revenue. You know you're not gonna sell a million copies of this non-exclusive game, but you know you'll sell SOME because Wii U owners don't many any other games to buy, plus there are some exclusive features.

Of course there's the opposing force of price vs demand, and I reckon they weighed that up with market research on what Wii U owners were willing to buy and made that their best recommended price.

From a consumer's point of view this is shit of course.

BigDug13

Last year when the game was Wii U exclusive, the dev team said 30% of the game was touch based Murphy levels.

X360/PS3 getting 2/3 of the game for 3/4 the price?

Sure, they added some more content and Origin levels upgraded but that's coming to the Wii U as well.

When all is said and done, however, they will all be the same price and Wii U will still have more content.

So the Vita is getting the full game as they have the full touch capability?

That Ubisoft store link automatically redirected me to the Australian site, and well.

H91VxgI.png

So yeah, it's just a price fuck up on the UK site.

Was going to buy this title when it arrived in February/ March. But not now! :) No reason they couldn't release it on Wii U first and ported out. Oh well.

IceBreak

Banned
Was going to buy this title when it arrived in February/ March. But not now! :) No reason they couldn't release it on Wii U first and ported out. Oh well.

If it's half as good as Origins, it will be a great game. Don't get caught up in the publisher bs and miss out on it because of that.

It wasn't bad enough the game is coming to consoles that each outnumber Wii U 20:1
It wasn't bad enough that the game now releases among really tough competition...

Nope, Operation: Wii Sabotage U wouldn't be a success until they have driven the final nail in the coffin with a more expensive Wii U version! Come on, Ubisoft!

None of that is Ubi's fault. Infact considering that Ubi are pretty much the only publisher thats still supporting the WiiU, they might be the one thats actually keeping it alive. Remove them and its just a year long drought with a few Nintendo (and Nintendo funded) games here and there.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
AFAIK, it's the Vita version who'll be cheaper by 10 bucks, the rest will have the same price.

Don't forget the Vita version got exclusive content!

kubus

Looks like pricing is all over the place. In the Dutch store:

ugpgmvW.png

In the Dutch store, PS3 and X360 versions are €29,99, Vita is €39,99 and Wii U is €49,99.

In France's store all versions are €49,99.

In Australia's store all versions are $49,99, except for the Vita version which is suddenly $10 cheaper instead of more expensive.

Yagharek

In Australia's store all versions are $49,99, except for the Vita version which is suddenly $10 cheaper instead of more expensive.

And in Australian retail stores, the Wii U, PS3 and 360 versions are all listed for preorder at the same price, with the Vita version being $10 more expensive.

This pricing is all over the place so its not about Wii U at all.

Thank god it was just an error. Any word on online multiplayer and co-op?? I really wish it was in Origins, and they seem to have been quiet about this. It will really suck if they skip it...

Because the other versions are priced at late port status.

Makes about as much sense as delaying the game on Wii U.

- edit. So they fixed the pricing? Cool

FDC1

Looks like pricing is all over the place. In the Dutch store:

ugpgmvW.png

In the Dutch store, PS3 and X360 versions are €29,99, Vita is €39,99 and Wii U is €49,99.

In France's store all versions are €49,99.

different policies by different departments, that's all.

Didn't even know it was coming to PC so soon o_O I've never seen them promote the PC version even at the end of a trailer. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Legends is over 20 dollars cheaper if not more than other Wii U games here (Australian here before you get too excited about that point) and has the exact same price as the 360/PS3 versions. Pretty sure it's just something that particular UK store decided to do.

Top Bottom