• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins coming to 3DS and Vita

Spiegel

Is this old? I searched but couldn't find any thread talking about this

Présenté encore plus en détails lors de cet E3 2011, Rayman Origins fait partie des jeux qui nous ont bien plu. Si on savait déjà officiellement que le jeu sortirait sur PS3, Xbox 360 et Wii, nos intrépides reporters ont laissé traîner leurs oreilles du côté du Convention Center et ils ont appris quelques petits secrets qu'Ubisoft s'était bien gardé de nous rapporter. C'est ainsi que nous avons appris que Rayman Origins verrait également le jour sur les consoles portables avec des versions 3DS et PS Vita également. Bravo à nos journalistes pour ce nouveau petit scoop !

Google translated:

Presented in more detail at this E3 2011, Rayman Origins is part of the games that we have really liked. If you already knew that the game would come out officially on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, our intrepid reporters have left lying around their ears toward the Convention Center and learned a few little secrets that Ubisoft was careful to report us. Thus we learned that Rayman Origins would also born on the handheld versions with 3DS and PS Vita as well. Congratulations to our journalists for this new little scoop!

http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/e3-2011-rayman-origins-egalement-sur-3ds-et-vita.html

I'll be curious to see how they'll make use of a 3D display, and yeah, it's a great fit for Vita as well. Good news all round.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Cool, enjoyed it at E3. Will likely get the 3DS version now.

(For some reason on the flight back from LA, I found myself playing Rayman 3D)

Ydahs

I love everything 3D so if the 3DS version isn't shoddily made, I'll be getting it on that. Or the PS3. One of the two.

The colors will absolutely pop on that OLED screen. But I'm awaiting the handheld versions with bated breath, pending news on who's handling the porting. Can't trust Ubisoft after the Splinter Cell disasters on PSP and 3DS.

Gwanatu T

Hmmmmmmm what to get this on now? I guess time will tell how well the 3ds version comes out, but that could be killer on the system. Still the native HD sprites make me want to get it on an HD system...........

e_i

Niiiicccccccceeeee.

Question is: Get it for the 3DS for 3D, or Vita for the OLED screen? Choices, choices.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, uh, the more important thing would be whether or not this port would be released at the same time. If Rayman Origins is november and the 3DS gets it next spring and Vita next summer or fall, then this is pretty much a useless announcement to me, but if they all come out at the same time, well then, that might change things.

LiK

nincompoop said:
GIVE US A PC VERSION UBISOFT YOU FUCKWADS
Judging from the PC ports for their other games recently, expect the PC port to come out much later after the console versions.

Ridley327

Stumpokapow said:
So, uh, the more important thing would be whether or not this port would be released at the same time. If Rayman Origins is november and the 3DS gets it next spring and Vita next summer or fall, then this is pretty much a useless announcement to me, but if they all come out at the same time, well then, that might change things.
Well, we've had rumblings about the game coming to the 3DS for a couple of months now, so I'd be incredibly surprised if that wasn't day-and-date with the console versions. The Vita version is definitely somewhat up in the air, but if there's one thing you can count on with Ubi Soft these days, it's flooding a launch with enough software to choke a donkey.

Its funny because I think alot of people who have been long term portable fans despise the console port trend... the psp was my first portable, and to be honest I barely play it...that is probably because so many of the games were spinoffs inferior to the console experience...I welcome the fact that the vita is getting ports...some of the games I am interested in and less hyped about on consoles, I would prefer to play on the vita...all my most hyped games will be bought on the ps3 and pc.

For istance, SOTC HD remake: PS3
ZOE remake: VITA

Rayman wasnt even on my radar, although I thought it looked great. Now it is a potential VITA purchase

nelsonroyale said:
the psp was my first portable, and to be honest I barely play it...that is probably because so many of the games were spinoffs inferior to the console experience...

Not to go too off-topic but should've bought a DS. It and the 3DS' selling point is that it offers something different from the Console experience.

FoneBone

Ridley327 said:
Well, we've had rumblings about the game coming to the 3DS for a couple of months now, so I'd be incredibly surprised if that wasn't day-and-date with the console versions.
Nintendo's own E3 list put the 3DS version on March 30, 2012... obviously a placeholder date, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a day-and-date release.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'll probably end up with 3 different versions of this game (PS3, 3DS and Vita).

Maybe even the Wii version if the Wiimote controls are interesting...

I love you, Ancel.

Galvanise_ said:
Surprised me that this isn't a PSN game.

Well, it was, but then they decided to scrap their episodic idea and just make it into a retail game. Good on them, I say! The game looks brilliant.

Green Scar said:
Well, it was, but then they decided to scrap their episodic idea and just make it into a retail game. Good on them, I say! The game looks brilliant.

The game does indeed look brilliant. It does however, still look like a PSN title. This won't do well at retail for PS3 and 360.

Looks like a great game to take on the go however, which is why I'd get it for Vita.

This will be nice for me to be able to really compare the 2 side by (yeah yeah I know Vita runs laps around 3DS but itll be nice for me to physically see portable 3D vs portable HD). Though it is Ubisoft so im expecting a super gimped 3DS version.

Galvanise_ said:
The game does indeed look brilliant. It does however, still look like a PSN title. This won't do well at retail for PS3 and 360.

Looks like a great game to take on the go however, which is why I'd get it for Vita.

Ubisoft probably saw the legs on New Super Mario Bros Wii and figured it was worth a shot. I agree though, this will do well on handhelds. Still going to get it for PS3!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Hmmm, so I have a choice between playing on the big screen on my Wii, or playing with fuck awesome 3D backgrounds on my 3DS. Decisions, decisions...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Assuming it's not handled by some incompetent b-team and released around the same time, I might bite, why not.

Platformers is a genre I prefer to play handhelds anyways.

Yay, finally a 2D game on the 3DS with stereoscopy! I wonder how it'll look.

AbsoluteZero said:
Is this one of those stealth "It's 2D so it should only be on XBLA/PSN/WiiWare" posts?
I don't like the "2D = download talk either, but to be fair, I read somewhere it was originally announced as episodes for XBLA/PSN.

Metal-Geo

Thing is though, this game was initially announced for the PC as well. But that got killed after the game became a full retail, rather than a downloadable title.

Top Bottom