• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins screens. Christmas 2010 release for PSN/XBLA [Delayed?]

Lijik

Link Man said:
Yeah, it does have that Ren & Stimpy or Cow & Chicken vibe. That could very easily be pushing some people away.
Now that you mention it, the characters do have a very David Feiss look about them!
I wonder what that guy is up to, last thing I knew he worked on was Open Season.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like they turned Rayman into an idiot, to fit in better with the Rabbids. Maybe the 2nd and 3rd game changed the character, but in the first one Rayman was just the laid back guardian of the realm.

Lijik

Drkirby said:
I feel like they turned Rayman into an idiot, to fit in better with the Rabbids. Maybe the 2nd and 3rd game changed the character, but in the first one Rayman was just the laid back guardian of the realm.
Which is of course why they seperated the two franchises.
In the rabbid games Rayman appeared in, he was the straight man. Putting the younger Origins Rayman with the rabbids wouldn't work because theres nothing for the two to play off of. Its not like they would anyways since Rabbids Go Home established incredibly straight laced humans as foils (which works far better).

Anyways kids tend to be more wide-eyed, rambunctious and wild. No one is born completely cool, laidback and with a strong sense of heroic justice.
They made Rayman a dope, because kids tend to be dopey and he's essentially a child in this game. The announced plotline is we find out how that dope becomes the hero found in later games.

Its not that hard.
EDIT- Right from the official site:
Yes, in the beginning Rayman was more into handing out free slaps than into world saving.
Strangely enough it is this very eventful story we are interested in: how did this uncontrollable individual and his grotesque companion become the heroes that we know?

Luigiv

Shiggy said:
The ESRB just rated Rayman 3D for 3DS, hopefully it's Rayman Origins for that platform.
Highly unlikely. If it was a port of Origins then it would still have Origins in the title. Most likely scenario is that it's a port of either 1, 2 or 3 (my money being on the latter).

Darklord

Banned
Shiggy said:
www.ubi-art.com - DEAD
www.raymanorigins.com - DEAD
http://raymanorigins.ubi.com - DEAD

Hopefully it's not as with BG&E2...years in production but then cancelled.

N8ZpE.gif

WTF. :(

Zomba13

If it is cancelled then fuck Ubi. They FINALLY announce a new Rayman game in the style of the original (and best) and we hear nothing since the announcement and now the sites relating to it are dead? No. Bad Ubi.

Rayman Origins is currently being redesigned into Imagine Babyz Origins, a retail title for Wii, PS3, and 360 compatible with Motion Plus, Move, and Kinect. Navigate inside the womb and find your way out while playing through over 150 mini-games in this exciting prequel to Imagine Babyz.

Coming July 2011.

Empty

please die ubisoft.

you'd think they'd want michel ancel to create more masterpieces so they'd have more than just rayman 2 to port embarrassingly again and again to every other fucking platform. it would help them stop being a laughing stock.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Well Im trying to be shocked and annoyed but it's UBISOFT. I'm trying I really am. I'm sorry you guys are upset.

Oh UBISOFT, there was a time when you stood out from the dull and boring crowd. A time when I would have gladly given you my money without question.

This would have been the only Ubisoft game I bought since Assassin Creed 2. If it is truly cancelled, there won't be any Ubisoft game I want for the rest of this generation.

Shiggy

We should not jump to conclusions. Maybe they are just redesigning the websites as the game is still taking some time. Hopefully.

Empty

Shiggy said:
We should not jump to conclusions. Maybe they are just redesigning the websites as the game is still taking some time. Hopefully.

don't sites normally put up 'this website is down for redesign' notices when they do that.

Zomba13

Shiggy said:
Or maybe they are burning our hopes and dreams :(

DaBuddaDa

Empty said:
don't sites normally put up 'this website is down for redesign' notices when they do that.
Not if they plan on renaming it, reinventing it, or moving it to a new platform (3DS maybe?) They'd rather strike the old concept from history to avoid confusion.

Empty

DaBuddaDa said:
Not if they plan on renaming it, reinventing it, or moving it to a new platform (3DS maybe?) They'd rather strike the old concept from history to avoid confusion.

surely if they were doing that they'd have the old urls just link to the new ones rather than killing them entirely, so as not to lose attention built up around the game when it was called origins by renaming it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shiggy said:
This is Gaf though.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If this is not because of the game being ported over to 3DS and being renamed (or something else to make it a physical-copy-game): Fuck you Ubisoft!

Lijik

Guys, try ANY Ubisoft page. They all have the same language redirect error. Unless Ubisoft is cancelling everything there is nothing to worry about.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Lijik said:
Guys, try ANY Ubisoft page. They all have the same language redirect error. Unless Ubisoft is cancelling everything there is nothing to worry about.

They have cancelled everything! I knew it!!!

Top Bottom