Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - DAAAAAAAH

#1
Also posted in the NGamer scores topic, but it deserves it's own topic.

The latest edition of English magazine NGamer has a preview of Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. The game is coming out this year, and will once again feature mini-games. The story: The Rabbids are attempting an rebellion from beneath a shopping mall and the mini games will be Rayman attempting to stop their training.

And now the bad news: NGamer didn't seem impressed as some mini games look like rehashes from the original.

UbiSoft will host its own mini-E3, as most companies are having this month, on monday, so perhaps then will we see more from this game.
 
#5


DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

They better not start churning these out as often as the mario party games, at least those were fun for more than afew days.
 

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
#7
Oh no! More mini.games!

WTF, I hate Raving Rabbids. Didn't like it at all!

But good news. I will keep looking forward to heard news from Ubisoft. Red Steel 2 please!

Y2Kev said:
You're not tricking me into buying this this time, Ubisoft!
:lol I'm sorry for you Y2Kev.

jetpacks was yes said:
I hope Ancel isn't working on this.
Yeah, i want too Beyond Good and Evil 2.
 
#14
I would have dropped the minigame idea and concentrated on either a lightgun style shooter based on the gun sections of the first game or a game based on the dance section. Expand on what worked.
 
#17
Dear Ubisoft,

If you are going to put in the manual how to switch the game to progressive scan, don't forget to actually enable that option in the game itself before it ships.

Love, Shoteh
 
#22
Ancel said that he was planning BGE2 when quetsioned at VG Live in London, I think he said that just because he was pretty much put on the spot, was funny.

If there's a BGE2, as much as I like the Wii, I would rather it be on a next gen console, it would look amazing.
 

dark10x

60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
#24
Alpha_eX said:
Ancel said that he was planning BGE2 when quetsioned at VG Live in London, I think he said that just because he was pretty much put on the spot, was funny.

If there's a BGE2, as much as I like the Wii, I would rather it be on a next gen console, it would look amazing.
Yes, IF BGE2 ever comes to be (I doubt it), I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they were to release it on the Wii (more than most games).

I hope he's not spending much time on this Raving Rabbids crap, though. :(
 
#27
Stormbringer said:
Don't worry, one day, they will end up running out of mini-games ideas. Only then we will finally get our Rayman 4. Beeelieve.
And soon, Mario Party will catch up with the numbered Final Fantasy series. :lol
 
#28
As I said in the other thread, there was already 80 mini games in the first one, which came out 6 months ago, so it's obvious that another mini game fest will be rehash over rehash.

That's why it's just a cash-in.


That's why if Ancel is at it this time again I may want to break something. Seriously, you cancel a rayman platformer thus canceling my hopes for some Rayman 2 greatness + crazy storyline on my Wii, to make some party game. I can understand, benefit from the console launch cause this sort of game wont sell anymore when the blockbusters are out.

But not. I said not. Like in NOT TWO TIMES !! K ? THX.

edit :
Blimblim said:
Thankfully RRR2 isn' the only game being worked on at Ubi Montpellier.
wow, so you definitely know something
ABOUT BEYOND GOOD & EVIL II AMIRITE ??
 
#31
As much as I like Raving Rabbids, considering how neutered the game turned out to be compared to earlier previews and the fact that they could have been spending this time to create an adventure concerning the Rabbids, I'm not exactly too thrilled about a sequel to Rabbids. This is especially considering if the minigames seem more like rehashes from the first game.
 
#34
dark10x said:
Yes, IF BGE2 ever comes to be (I doubt it), I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they were to release it on the Wii (more than most games).

I hope he's not spending much time on this Raving Rabbids crap, though. :(
:lol :lol :lol
 
#35
angelfly said:
RRR was ok but it really doesn't need a sequel at all. I'd was see something new or at least a true Rayman game.
I agree, it was good for what it was.. a launch game. But I much rather see a normal Rayman platformer (no matter what platform) instead of this tbh.
 
#38
RRR2 is better..

I got to try it out.. They now use licensed rabbits like there was a Naruto dressed one, and a Spidey dressed one.

They also had a game where it involved eating carrots as fast as possible.. Then you spit out a drool line and dangled it and swung it into buckets below.. :lol

They really put more effort into the games this time.
 
#43
I HATED the first game. What happened to the UbiSoft of a few years back? Rayman is going the Sonic way as far as im concerned. =[

That said, im not passing judgemnt until I see the game, but concept wise im turned off.
 
#45
CrisKre said:
I HATED the first game. What happened to the UbiSoft of a few years back? Rayman is going the Sonic way as far as im concerned. =[
Almost 900,000 reasons on the Wii is why. It had issues being a first attempt on the wii so they could potentially make the 2nd far better but I think a wait and see approach is the best bet.
 
#48
TurtleSnatcher said:
RRR2 is better..

I got to try it out.. They now use licensed rabbits like there was a Naruto dressed one, and a Spidey dressed one.

They also had a game where it involved eating carrots as fast as possible.. Then you spit out a drool line and dangled it and swung it into buckets below.. :lol

They really put more effort into the games this time.
Was there an event or something? Any other wii games you got to try?

Do you know any other details about the game? (Nr of minigames, etc)
 

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
#49
Thomper said:
The story: The Rabbids are attempting an rebellion from beneath a shopping mall and the mini games will be Rayman attempting to stop their training.

missed opportunity, they could have made it a parody on Dead Rising.
 
#50
later said:
Was there an event or something? Any other wii games you got to try?

Do you know any other details about the game? (Nr of minigames, etc)
There were a few other mini games playable, and yes there were other games playable, but I won't go into details.