• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Re-design a compact gaming keyboard (not TKL!)

longdi

Banned
I mean this below is one of the more compact full sized keyboard around, at 442mm x 129 x 35.5.
But who oftenly uses the F keys besides F5? Why do we have dual numbers? Why are the $#@ keys need to hold down shift? Print screen is cool i guess, but scroll lock? pause break? Arrow keys could have replaced Home & End.

The next keyboard below has got some good ideas.

HyperX_Alloy_FPS_keyboard_USB_ports.jpg

Vortex Vibe, it retains the important num-pad!
One thing i would change is to replace the top row numbers, and kept things as defaulting to either $!%@ or F-keys. The num-pad can also Fn to act as arrow keys.

maxresdefault.jpg

Numpad isn't important unless you work in accounting or something similar. Also if we are speaking about gaming than F1-F5 keys needs to be separate. And both of them don't look that comfortable to use since you usually want to have something to rest your wrists on.

longdi

Banned
Numpad is useful outside accounting, like you do key in numbers in everyday use, no? Numpad works as gaming shortcuts too, RTS especially.

I dont use wrist pad, but the top comes with one, like most mass market ones do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom