• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE: Revelations 2 spotted on russian retailer's site (PS4/ONE/PS360)

Yay! More horror!

8B598CB16DB92E58FF2C143C37884504AA9D9494

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If you wish, gentlemen, a quick recap of what known, what not, etc.etc.

Yesterday

- The Russian retailer lists RE:Rev 2 for PS3,PS4,360 and One. No Nintendo consoles, neither PC.
- A little later, it is discovered the site has also DmC Ultimate listed for PS4 and One
- WarrenMax007 chimes in and states that they did "something similar" before ACIV was announced and that, from his experience, they never list not existing things
- Another user (can't remember the name, sorry) says that many other russian retailers were unaware of both, but one said he knew of DmC remastered and that a RE for next gen was going to be announced soon

Today

- WarrenMax007 specifices that the site only said something like "A new AC is going to be announced soon", which is way too vague, honestly, to say that they have SURE knowledge about everything. Or better, about every details
- WarrenMax007 states also that the retailer doesn't sell PC games, which explains the lack of a PC SKU for RE:Rev 2
- Searching better on the site, I've noticed that not only RE: Revelations 2 wasn't listed for 3DS and Wii U, but the site doesn't list RE: Revelations for both consoles, even if they do sell games for both 3DS and Wii U. This could mean that, in the case the listing was true, there could still be a (not big) possibility the game releases on Nintendo consoles, since they didn't list the prequel either despite having many 3DS and Wii U games on sale.
- Probably the most important one

http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=12645 (RE:Rev 2)
http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=12642 (DmC Ultimate, one of the two SKUs)

The products have suddenly disappeared from the retailer's site. Nothing about them anymore.
Which could lead to two conclusions

1)The products are real and they removed them because way too earlier than the announcement (even if, considering how they were that ready to tease about the new AC - even in the case they didn't know about it, it doesn't seem they're that afraid of doing that...but it could be a publisher-by-publisher case)
2)Both products were error listings, and they removed them because they weren't true

Hopefully, this will be helpful. If I missed anything, fell free to tell me.

Weiss

Banned
Aβydoς;120774751 said:
Meh, never understood what the big deal was with the first. Sure it was better than late RE games, but that's not saying much.

It's more what it represents. Revelations is more in line with the original survival horror games with modern updates, something fans have wanted for years.

Neff

Aβydoς;120774751 said:
Meh, never understood what the big deal was with the first. Sure it was better than late RE games, but that's not saying much.

People have wanted something approximating the old RE aesthetic since RE0, and when Revelations gave that to them, albeit in microscopic quantities, it was undeservingly heralded as a saviour of the franchise.

It seemed to be a case of quick-fix euphoria derived from demanding something from the big uncooperative corporation and getting it, a victory for the 'fans', more than the game actually being any good in its own right.

You really don't eed to be an insider to know that a new RE game is being developed as we speak, is common sense, this games take 3 years to make.

Ah, ok...it doesn't strike to me as that convincing. In the sense, if they had revealed the official title before the official announcement, that would've been far more convincing.

However, since you're here...why does the store not sell RE: Revelations for 3DS and Wii U? I mean, there are the other SKUs (except for PC), but not those on Nintendo consoles, and they sell their games in store. What's the reason? I'm asking because this could actually make RE:Rev 2 coming to Nintendo consoles potentially possible, even if not listed there.

It might mean that they are out of stock. Nintendo is not very popular in Russia.

tba

- Searching better on the site, I've noticed that not only RE: Revelations 2 wasn't listed for 3DS and Wii U, but the site doesn't list RE: Revelations for both consoles, even if they do sell games for both 3DS and Wii U. This could mean that, in the case the listing was true, there could still be a (not big) possibility the game releases on Nintendo consoles, since they didn't list the prequel either despite having many 3DS and Wii U games on sale.
- Probably the most important one

http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=12645 (RE:Rev 2)
http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=12642 (DmC Ultimate, one of the two SKUs)

The products have suddenly disappeared from the retailer's site. Nothing about them anymore.
Which could lead to two conclusions

1)The products are real and they removed them because way too earlier than the announcement (even if, considering how they were that ready to tease about the new AC - even in the case they didn't know about it, it doesn't seem they're that afraid of doing that...but it could be a publisher-by-publisher case)
2)Both products were error listings, and they removed them because they weren't true

Hopefully, this will be helpful. If I missed anything, fell free to tell me.

By the below I am not saying that the listings were correct or incorrect, I do not know it, but before drawing any conclusions one should bear in mind what is Russian console market in general and videoigr.net in particular.
This store to me looks as the best source of console games in Russia, they sell games that were officially released in Russia and import obscure Japanese ones, that is quite an accomplishment considering how niche is console gaming in Russia outside of AAA-franchises in the likes of CoD, BF, AC, Uncharted or Halo.

I cannot imagine that they just thought up these releases and set up pre-orders. As others pointed out they probably got information from 1C-Softclub arguably the largest distributor of games in Russia, while the latter could very much be in the know since they also translate their releases.
Moreover store representatives discussed in the comments section the quality of first Revelations, the lack of the announcement of RE7 and confirmed the second Revelations, they even said that there were no official announcement yet.
Then there is also a matter of pricing. These games were not priced at standard console games prices. The PS4 games (XO not yet released in Russia) cost about 3 thousand rubles, RE2 for PS4/XO were put at ~2 thousand rubles, PS360 versions a bit cheaper and DMC-HD at 1.5 thousand rubles.
If these listings were false they would probably be priced at usual 3 thousand rubles.

As for the lack of RE2 on Nintendo consoles. You cannot imagine how niche are Nintendo consoles and 3rd-party games for Nintendo consoles in Russia. I can very much see that being multiplatform games there was no business sense to store 3DS/WiiU versions.
And they did sell Revelations 1 for 3DS - see the page title
http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=9867
^ That is how it always looks when game is not in stock
See for example this Hatsune Miku listing
http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=10908

Mpl90

By the below I am not saying that the listings were correct or incorrect, I do not know it, but before drawing any conclusions one should bear in mind what is Russian console market in general and videoigr.net in particular.
This store to me looks as the best source of console games in Russia, they sell games that were officially released in Russia and import obscure Japanese ones, that is quite an accomplishment considering how niche is console gaming in Russia outside of AAA-franchises in the likes of CoD, BF, AC, Uncharted or Halo.

I cannot imagine that they just thought up these releases and set up pre-orders. As others pointed out they probably got information from 1C-Softclub arguably the largest distributor of games in Russia, while the latter could very much be in the know since they also translate their releases.
Moreover store representatives discussed in the comments section the quality of first Revelations, the lack of the announcement of RE7 and confirmed the second Revelations, they even said that there were no official announcement yet.
Then there is also a matter of pricing. These games were not priced at standard console games prices. The PS4 games (XO not yet released in Russia) cost about 3 thousand rubles, RE2 for PS4/XO were put at ~2 thousand rubles, PS360 versions a bit cheaper and DMC-HD at 1.5 thousand rubles.
If these listings were false they would probably be priced at usual 3 thousand rubles.

As for the lack of RE2 on Nintendo consoles. You cannot imagine how niche are Nintendo consoles and 3rd-party games for Nintendo consoles in Russia. I can very much see that being multiplatform games there was no business sense to store 3DS/WiiU versions.
And they did sell Revelations 1 for 3DS - see the page title
http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=9867
^ That is how it always looks when game is not in stock
See for example this Hatsune Miku listing
http://videoigr.net/product_info.php?products_id=10908

Well, if my recap brought up more clarification on the matter, than it means it's been useful, after all.

So...if I'm reading this right, the store not putting up for preorders 3DS/Wii U versions of the game doesn't mean that there won't be a SKU for them, right? I mean, there are high chances it won't happen anyway, but this isn't the conclusive hint, right?

tba

So...if I'm reading this right, the store not putting up for preorders 3DS/Wii U versions of the game doesn't mean that there won't be a SKU for them, right? I mean, there are high chances it won't happen anyway, but this isn't the conclusive hint, right?
Yes, missing pre-orders for WiiU/3DS do not mean that there won't be these version if the game is real.
There also can be another explanation of why there are no listings for WiiU/3DS.
It could be due to the different publisher. First Revelations were released in Russia on PC, PS3 and Xbox360 by Capcom (1C-Sofclub). Versions for 3DS/WiiU - by Russian branch of Nintendo.
If anything this just confirms that information leaked from 1C-Softclub, and there were no information from Nintendo of Russia.

Mpl90

Yes, missing pre-orders for WiiU/3DS do not mean that there won't be these version if the game is real.
There also can be another explanation of why there are no listings for WiiU/3DS.
It could be due to the different publisher. First Revelations were released in Russia on PC, PS3 and Xbox360 by Capcom (1C-Sofclub). Versions for 3DS/WiiU - by Russian branch of Nintendo.
This just confirms that this information probably leaked from 1C-Softclub, and there were no information from Nintendo of Russia.

Again, thanks for your explanation of the magic world of Russian gaming market!!!
No, seriously, thank you very much :D

I take this as bad news.

Revelations was not that good of an RE game. The real reason why I see this as bad news though is that it means RE7 could be up to 2 years away.

I really enjoyed the first one but boy did that story make no sense whatsoever. It was like the writers asked Kojima what he would do with resident evil and then played a game of telephone with 30 school children before putting the plot to paper.

Gbraga

I'd buy DmC on PS4 if they rebalanced the game instead of just porting the PC version. Add turbo mode and remove color coded enemies from the main campaign and I'll be there day one.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It makes the most sense and would be a great way to reintroduce those characters.

It's time to move away from Chris, Leon, Jill, Ada. Let's see more of the other characters who haven't yet been tainted by crappy storytelling.

Do we really give a crap about the overall Resident Evil storyline? Some of the lore is really cool, especially the classic backstory notes you would find in RE4 or RE5, but I think at this point we can all just expect BIOLOGICAL WARFARE AGENTS HAVE TO STOP MADMEN FROM RELEASING CREATURE ON GENERAL POPULATION.

And that's fine.

Replicant

RE6 wasn't half the game of Revelations. I'm happy we're getting this sequel.

I disagree. The atmosphere may not be horror-like but RE6 has a much better fighting mechanics than RE: Revelations, which was frustrating to control to say the least. The control actually ruined the experience for me. It's like battling an out-of-control steering wheel.

LDAF

I really enjoyed the first one but boy did that story make no sense whatsoever. It was like the writers asked Kojima what he would do with resident evil and then played a game of telephone with 30 school children before putting the plot to paper.

Stop making me wish that was a real thing. That sounds like an AMAZING way to make game plots.

Neff

I take this as bad news.

Revelations was not that good of an RE game. The real reason why I see this as bad news though is that it means RE7 could be up to 2 years away.

Revelations and RE6 were made by two different teams. If Revelations 2 exists, we can assume it'll be a lower budget project like Revelations was, and that it won't impact on 7's development, which is heavily hinted to be well into development. If RE7 arrives 'late', it'll be because making state-of-the-art PS4/Bone visuals at a RE or MGS level takes a long ass time (and MGSV development started long, long before RE6 wrapped), and possibly also because Capcom, like Konami, will want a larger install base before releasing.

Hopefully this is actually a survival horror game instead of a terrible action game with forced kill rooms where you slaughter dozens of enemies that has 5 minutes of spooky hallway walking so people act like it's a return to the series's origins.

Jawmuncher

HOLY SHIT

Hopefully this is actually a survival horror game instead of a terrible action game with forced kill rooms where you slaughter dozens of enemies that has 5 minutes of spooky hallway walking so people act like it's a return to the series's origins.

Agreed if they want to make a Survival Horror game I want a Surival Horror game. Not a poor attempt at both.

Jawmuncher

thread worthy?

Pretty Sure it is.

Didn't play Revelations so I don't know if this is good or not...

Considering you liked the attempt at horror in RE6. You'll probably like Rev a lot. It does a way better job.
Even if I see it as lacking in my eyes.

Ok, guys. How's Revelations? Should I check it out if I enjoy RE4 but hate RE6?

I said this awhile back and for the most part it still holds true for the majority.
If you liked RE4 and didn't like RE5 or RE6 you'll more than likely like REV.

jimi_dini

Agreed if they want to make a Survival Horror game I want a Surival Horror game. Not a poor attempt at both.

The only good thing about Revelaitons was the Ghost Ship in the coop mode. Completely open instead of locked down segments with cutscenes everywhere and checkpoints and shit that made it impossible to backtrack plenty of times. I actually loved that. With a competent player it was really fun.

The only good thing about Revelaitons was the Ghost Ship in the coop mode. Completely open instead of locked down segments with cutscenes everywhere and checkpoints and shit that made it impossible to backtrack plenty of times. I actually loved that. With a competent player it was really fun.

Raid Mode wasn't as good as it could have been because of how they simplified the combat but it was still a brilliant addition and Ghost Ship was an amazing map. I hope it's something that makes its way to the next mainline game. Although this is coming to consoles if that image is accurate so maybe this will be billed as the next big game in the series.

GOD

Not this thread again. #Believe

But would Capcom announce a new RE game with Remake HD just around the corner?

EDIT: Well, looking back, they didn't have a problem with ORC, RER and RE6. :p

Jawmuncher

Ditch the lame side chapters and we're golden!

Funny enough those were my favorite parts of the game.

I never actually had the chance to go through Ghost Ship.
I have the PC version installed and beaten. I might go and try that out this week. Didn't have a partner when I beat it there.

GOD

Not this thread again. #Believe

But would Capcom announce a new RE game with Remake HD just around the corner?

Probably.

We had Rev and ORC release a month from each other in the US and then RE6 later in Oct.
3 games in 1 year.

DedValve

Banned
Didn't play Revelations so I don't know if this is good or not...

Terrible execution, great ideas.

- no co-op of any kind in the singleplayer yet you always have an AI companion that does barely any damage to the enemy, doesn't assist you in any way and doesn't consume resources.

- Constantly switching back and forth between the interesting ship and Chris and his shitty adventures. Won't even acknowledge the retarded duo that shows up in the later half of the game.

- The entire ship has a metroidvania layout to it but the game forces you down a set path with little to no deviation and the constant break from the ship makes it harder to memorize for the occasion where you do backtrack.

- Gunplay felt weak, and the rpg mechanics weren't as good as RE5 let alone RE4's fantastic weapon upgrade system.

- Jills face sucked

+ Enemies where really cool and fun to fight
mayday....maaaaaayyyyydaaaaayyyy

+ Most jill setpieces where really cool

+ the ship swaying, sounds and claustrophobic environments added tons of atmosphere...when you weren't glued by the hip to your "partner"

+ Bosses where fantastic

+ Underwater segments where pretty great

+ OST was brilliant

/ Story was typical lol resident evil. I phoned it out.

Top Bottom