• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE: The Darkside Chronicles online/new story chapter info

king zell

Some info from the preview in the new(May 2009) GameInformer:

"While the main focus of the game is on retelling the events encapsulated by Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: CODE Veronica, you'll also play through brand new shenanigans staring Leon Kennedy in South America, adding yet another twist to the legendary RE narrative."

Also they have "online TBA" in the header of the article.

thanks to cal_cal from IGN boards

Nemesis_

I don't care about Leon. Give me more (new) Claire, or Ada.

And please give me some interesting modes for online, not just co-op (though I welcome that with open arms).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
sounds kinda neat, I'll probably pick it up

Nemesis_

Rez said:
sounds kinda neat, I'll probably pick it up
You WilL pick it up. =)

Though I wonder if the South American setting has been chosen so they can re-use the RE4 assets without having to craft a chapter in Darkside that is exactly the same as RE4. Oh please Capcom/Cavia provide us with something new and interesting.

The higher budget of Darkside makes me have faith that they will.

I'm betting Ada will be the 'Wesker' of this game, in that she gets all the unlockable 1P missions that add back story. I'm hoping for an Ashley Graham mission or five.

Nemesis_

Mr. Pointy said:
I'm betting Ada will be the 'Wesker' of this game, in that she gets all the unlockable 1P missions that add back story. I'm hoping for an Ashley Graham mission or five.
That would be awesome, actually. But we know Wesker is returning already.

Nemesis556 said:
That would be awesome, actually. But we know Wesker is returning already.
140yihu.jpg

Meowth, that's... kind of expected.

Nemesis556 said:
You WilL pick it up. =)

Though I wonder if the South American setting has been chosen so they can re-use the RE4 assets without having to craft a chapter in Darkside that is exactly the same as RE4. Oh please Capcom/Cavia provide us with something new and interesting.

The higher budget of Darkside makes me have faith that they will.
This isn't resident evil 6

KevinCow

Banned
New Leon shenanigans in South America? That sounds awesome. Hey Capcom, you'd totally have my money if this wasn't a lazy fucking light gun shooter.

Dascu

Sounds lovely. Still disappointed it's not a true 3rd person shooter with RE4Wii-like controls, but hey, this one's on my list of games to watch.

Also they have "online TBA" in the header of the article.

It is "to be announced" that there is no online mode. Probably. But I hope I'm wrong. Scoreboards would be nice.

Returning to Code: Veronica is possibly the best thing ever, if they get the same guy to play Alfred Ashford.

South Africa could be where Leon went after Degeneration. I'm looking forward to this.

Nemesis556 said:
Though I wonder if the South American setting has been chosen so they can re-use the RE4 assets without having to craft a chapter in Darkside that is exactly the same as RE4.

Now I can't wait for the first screens of this.

pakkit

Banned
Dead Man Typing said:
It is "to be announced" that there is no online mode. Probably. But I hope I'm wrong. Scoreboards would be nice.

Yup. Online co-op would be an interesting idea, but it seems really unnecessary, especially for this genre, where the fun is playing co-op with a friend right next to you. Still, if Capcom actually tried it, more power to them.

Nemesis_

Dead Man Typing said:

Returning to Code: Veronica is possibly the best thing ever, if they get the same guy to play Alfred Ashford.

South Africa could be where Leon went after Degeneration. I'm looking forward to this.
South America. >_>

As for Code Veronica, I also hope they don't just retouch some assets from the original game and throw them into Darkside Chronicles. I get that feeling with the Nemesis model, which looks like ass in Umbrella Chronicles.

I just have so much faith that this has a bigger budget and will have higher production values as Umbrella Chronicles DID sell, so I am expecting a lot more. I suppose I am thinking wrong, according to some posters here? =P

It would be interesting to see Krauser return. Would also give another excuse to re-use RE4 assets U_U

Nemesis556 said:
South America. >_>

As for Code Veronica, I also hope they don't just retouch some assets from the original game and throw them into Darkside Chronicles. I get that feeling with the Nemesis model, which looks like ass in Umbrella Chronicles.

I just have so much faith that this has a bigger budget and will have higher production values as Umbrella Chronicles DID sell, so I am expecting a lot more. I suppose I am thinking wrong, according to some posters here? =P

It would be interesting to see Krauser return. Would also give another excuse to re-use RE4 assets U_U

D'oh! I did mean America, and was thinking of South America, but my fingers typed Africa. Playing too much RE5 today it seems.

Xav

Personally only local multi-player interests me when it comes to rail shooters, do people even want online in a rail shooter just wondering?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hopefully the South American section will involve vicious infected wildlife. I was so psyched for RE5's African setting because I was hoping to mow down Plagas-infected elephants and giraffes and water buffalo. All we got were some hyenas. :(

Nemesis_

SovanJedi said:
Hopefully the South American section will involve vicious infected wildlife. I was so psyched for RE5's African setting because I was hoping to mow down Plagas-infected elephants and giraffes and water buffalo. All we got were some hyenas. :(
I am fairly certain that this was eluded to in an interview with one of the team before the game came out. =( Guess it must've been a mistranslation then.

You've always got this:

Outbreak2.jpg

pakkit

Banned
Ledsen said:
Maybe we'll face virally degenerated native indians dressed in loincloths. Chris Redfield, fuck yeah!
A Resident Evil in India would be awesome.

Native Americans or indians when referring to the indigenous people of the Americas. Indians or "native Indians" is on the other hemisphere.

cvxfreak

pakkit said:
A Resident Evil in India would be awesome.

Native Americans or indians when referring to the indigenous people of the Americas. Indians or "native Indians" is on the other hemisphere.

Heh, it would have to star Claire then. A T-Virus outbreak in India's actually a plot point in Degeneration.

Nemesis_

cvxfreak said:
Heh, it would have to star Claire then. A T-Virus outbreak in India's actually a plot point in Degeneration.
Protecting Rani Chawla or something similar? Would be quite decent. =D

which part of south america? spanish speaking south america = reusing RE4 assets and voices

portuguese speaking south america (Brazil) = teaming up with Carlos, if they haven't forgotten about him like they forgot Barry

Top Bottom