• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4, RE0 and Resident Evil 1 remake coming to Switch!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
According to the JP website, Resident Evil 0 is the only physical game coming to Switch. RE1 is just a download voucher and RE4 is digital only.

tenor.gif

Yagami_Sama

That was my first question when I saw the announcement. "Which game will be be on cart ?". And Capcom just been Capcom and just one game on the cart, and also RE4 not be on cart is also horrible,

This will be like the Revelations collection.

The way Capcom handles this kind of release are very weird.

-MD-

Dude... I actually might buy REmake and use my switch in handheld mode for once.

Awesome.

Edit: It better be on the cart otherwise pass.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
According to the JP website, Resident Evil 0 is the only physical game coming to Switch. RE1 is just a download voucher and RE4 is digital only.

tenor.gif

To be fair, that versions of RE4 is digital on all the consoles, and the RE0/1 started off digital and had a limited physical run, and now remains digital only.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
I'm still waiting for Capcom to port Resident Evil 4 into Resident Evil 4. So I can play Resident Evil 4 while I'm playing Resident Evil 4

Mr Hyde

Will probably pick up RE1 and 4. I can play those games forever, especially 4. I don´t know how many times I have completed it. I imagine they will be a good fit on the Switch too.

Moses85

The Release Story behind Resident Evil 4 is so weird. Announced for NGC exclusive and now the biggest „wh**e“ in gaming history.

The only port which is missing is for my calculator...

Great game overall, but no, that’s a joke.

Orta

Banned
Fuck right off!!!

Capcom has been criticised for the pricing of Resident Evil HD, 0 and 4 on Nintendo Switch.
As revealed on the Switch eShop today, each game costs £29.99/$39. This is much higher than fans were expecting - and much higher than the same games on other consoles.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
$40 for RE4 Jesus Christ does it come with an Ada Wong Labo kit?

Also RE0 being the only physical game in the bunch...they are super villains.

Grinchy

Banned
So basically they know that people only really care about RE1, so they put RE0 on the cart and make RE1 the download. That way, used copies will have no value whatsoever. Pretty scummy. And it'll probably sell just fine because Switch-only owners will buy any scraps their master tosses down to them.

MetalSlug

I see they have decided to make it double the price of the other versions.

£30 is alot of money for each game.

Mr Hyde

40 bucks for RE4 only? It should be 40 bucks for all three included. Capcom, what the fuck are you thinking? Damn, and I was looking forward to play classic RE on my travels.

sh2dc

Banned
Why don't they just bring GC/Wii emulator with resolution scale on switch ?
We need an emulator. Not a port...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If this has Splatoon-tier gyro, I would pay $30 in a heartbeat.

So far, I haven't heard anything about any additional features at all.

maxwell247

I don't understand - why Resi 5 and 6 are still not coming to Switch? It would be absolutely great co-op experience.

dolabla

Anybody picking Origins Collection up tomorrow?

I forgot I pre-ordered cause my Gamers Club Unlocked was running out at Best Buy and they've shipped it out. I have no Switch to play it on though, lol. Damn it, Nintendo, announce that new Switch😠

Can't waiiiiitttt! I wanna have all 3 on the Switch at some point...but for the time being, I'll probably get RE REmake and RE4 first, then 0 later when I got the funds to do so.

Vawn

Banned
Some of my favorite games, but $90 for these three GameCube HD ports?

I'm pretty sure these remasters launched on PS4 for $20 each and have been significantly cheaper through sales over the years.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
To be fair, that versions of RE4 is digital on all the consoles, and the RE0/1 started off digital and had a limited physical run, and now remains digital only.

I own all three of these on disc for PS4. Bought them all at Best Buy - not limited run.

Edit: Just checked Amazon. $38 total for all three new physical.

Last edited:
I own all three of these on disc for PS4. Bought them all at Best Buy - not limited run.

Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about. RE4 got a same day physical reIease on PS4/X1 and I still regularly see them in local stores, especially RE4, and they're sub 20$ on most online stores, nothing limited about them.

Some of my favorite games, but $90 for these three GameCube HD ports?

I'm pretty sure these remasters launched on PS4 for $20 each and have been significantly cheaper through sales over the years.
I got RE Origins, RE5, RE6, and RE Revelations last year on PS4 physically for a little under 80$, new (got RE4 physically the day it came out for 20$).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I must’ve re-introduce them again, because for a good year after they came out for the PS4 you can only find used copies I was never able to find one brand new online or in store.

Both Best Buy and Amazon for a good portion of that year said ‘unavailable’ after the initial run sold out (I kept checking on my wishlist), and GameStop only had used copies as well.

ChuyMasta

How are the motion controls? Well, aiming. Do I have a reason to stop playing the Wii version of this fantastic game?

guggnichso

Banned
How are the motion controls? Well, aiming. Do I have a reason to stop playing the Wii version of this fantastic game?

There are no motion controls. But they neatly implemented random Framerate dips that really go on my nerves. Also, the PS4 Version has an easy mode as far as I know? This one hasn’t, so if anyone is a journalist, better not buy it.

The REmake also has some Framerate dips so far.

Those are shit ports for that amount of money.

Fake

I saw IGN playing REmake on NS, but WTF additional loading screen when you open the door cutscene.

ChuyMasta

There are no motion controls. But they neatly implemented random Framerate dips that really go on my nerves. Also, the PS4 Version has an easy mode as far as I know? This one hasn’t, so if anyone is a journalist, better not buy it.

The REmake also has some Framerate dips so far.

Those are shit ports for that amount of money.

Sucks. I'll play tonight and be disappointed.

Having played about 20 minutes or so of RE4 today, I've noticed there's a bug with the aiming sway. It's moving too fast. And there was extra loading times on Zero. These seem like shitty quick cash grab ports to me which is a shame. And the prices? Go fuck yourself Capcom.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got RE4 digitally. I wanted it for the portable feature. I've probably owned these games more times than I should, but I keep coming back. I still remember getting the GC demo and the making of DvD for RE4 at EB Games. I'm riding that bell curve of "this is awesome" and "Do I actually realize that I've bought this game multiple times already".

No motion controls in RE4 is a pass for me, and I was ready to buy this game again for the umpteenth time. Sounds like they are sloppy, overpriced ports too.

Top Bottom