• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn unveils Deformers (PC/PS4/XB1, online/local MP, GameStop) [Previews]

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, they had one shot at an AAA game and they blew it. Can't really blame Sony for not giving them another chance.

I don't know what to think of this game, looks like something I'll never play.

You seem to be really mad that some people aren't interested in colorful MP games where you're a ball. It's still okay for you to like this if others don't.

I aint mad mate ;)

I find the responses (mostly the gifs of literal face palming this games very existence) funny, just being a sarcastic sally is all.

This looks like the most positive development for RAD in years, and feels like something right from their PSP days. It looks great to me, I hope this indicates they do more small stuff in future.

Not sure whats wrong with an "MP game where's you're a ball" though...not really sure whats supposed to be wrong with that.

Dev goes from making a dull AAA game to a small arena indie-type and everyone promptly shits on them for not being in their 'place'. I hope this works out for them.

breakfuss

I aint mad mate ;)

I find the responses (mostly the gifs of literal face palming this games very existence) funny, just being a sarcastic sally is all.

This looks like the most positive development for RAD in years, and feels like something right from their PSP days. It looks great to me, I hope this indicates they do more small stuff in future.

Not sure whats wrong with an "MP game where's you're a ball" though...not really sure whats supposed to be wrong with that.

Nahh. Complete downgrade. I'm not saying the game won't be decent but in terms of scope, this is leagues beneath The Order. It's like a professional athlete playing for the minor league.

El-Suave

Seems like a good game to keep people employed and rebuild or stabilize the studio now that handhelds are pretty much gone as a fall back platform to develop on. People who expected another huge game from them right away were a bit delusional.

Hasney

Nahh. Complete downgrade. I'm not saying the game won't be decent but in terms of scope, this is leagues beneath The Order. It's like a professional athlete playing for the minor league.

Unless it was the gameplay or fun Olympics, then they might be a contender. Fortunatley, they pulled out of the all style and dull games AKA The Bullshit Championships.

Floody

RAD kept The Order engine didn't they? Seems like overkill if they are using it for this. Anyways, looks fun, and is probably just a small side project while they work on bigger games.

Controlling balls isn't something I remember being very fun in games, my first associations are chaos and imprecise controls.

Could be 100% wrong of course, but we only have a 30s trailer to go on here.

And more generally, there is a decent number of people who, inexplicably, liked the Order. So of course a lot of reactions will be negative as it's completely outside their expectatiosn.

Downgrade with what now? We've seen 30 seconds of this thing. No one here has played it or knows how they will support it. How do you know it's "beneath" anything?

I'm kind of dumbfounded by the negativity towards this. Weren't people clamoring for games like this not so long ago?

It's extra funny because for a lot of people the Order was the absolute nadir of AAA style over substance, and this game looks like an honest to god Nintendo multiplayer game.

Your analogy is a bit wonky, but to borrow it, I'd say The Order was more like a minor league athlete playing in the World Series. They gave it a shot and they just weren't cut out for it.

Games like Daxter and the PSP GoW games? Good. The Order? A miserable experience. Ready At Dawn has their niche and it's certainly not AAA.

I doubt this is the only game they are working on. The game may be a lot of fun, but I doubt it takes the full studio to make that. I'm still hoping for a sequel to The Order 1886 - as long as they know what to improve and have the talent to do it (I think they do).

Probably not the same people?

I'm saying everyone should take a hint and want more games like this, regardless of what you think you want, even if you wanted more Order. Games like this harm no one and they open the developers up to new horizons and audiences. If you're looking at this and are somehow disappointed by it's mere existence y'all need to take a deep breath and step back

the entire first two pages of this thread are disappointing to witness, and make me sad for devs who want to try something new.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Production values aren't everything. For example, Boom Blox was one of EA's finest games.

The Overwatch killer we have been waiting for.

Gamestop know that kids = money, and this looks very appealing to the childrens.

b0bbyJ03

I don't like the way people are judging them because they decided to make something creative that doesn't have a massive Hollywood budget. For all we know this may be a passion project that some of their team was allowed to make after working on the Order. Hopefully it's fun.

Skux

Anyone get an Agar.io vibe? Looks like a lot of the gameplay is assimilating other blobs and trying not to get taken out yourself.

OP and first few posts made it sound like RAD were working on some shit iOS game or something. Watching the trailer this actually looks like a fun little game. Way more interested in seeing them do something like this than double down on The Order 1886's formula.

Top Bottom