• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready @ Dawn: "Graphic fidelity of The Order 1886 definitely exceeds the trailer"

I don't think we will see much of this game until pre-launch marketing for Driveclub and Infamous starts winding down. Sony should continue pushing 2 games at a time, works well for not spreading attention/resources too thin.

CrazyDude

Uh trailer was a cut scene unless I'm crazy?

Are they saying the actual gameplay has higher graphical fidelity or that they've upped the pre-rendered cut scenes because not sure why that would matter

TL:DR Show me some gameplay already!

That wasn't pre-rendered.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

Are they saying the actual gameplay has higher graphical fidelity or that they've upped the pre-rendered cut scenes because not sure why that would matter

The cutscene wasn't pre-rendered.

LuuKyK

Impressive if true. But yeah, its about time we've seen something new about this game. We know practically nothing outside the main trailer and the game-informer info that, while good, was not really revealing.

SuperKungFuHero

Neo Member
Lets home the quality of the overall game matches the graphical fidelity then. I hope it will be something worth waiting for but who knows.

Boss Man

I have a feeling that this is going to be the first "Wow, that's next-gen." game this generation. Just a hunch, but we shall see.

Krakn3Dfx

ra7CAvH.gif

Saw the thread, saw that it wasn't beyond 1 page yet (EDIT: at the time of first seeing it) and came in to write "in b4 not 1080p". Well, that worked out fine ...

PS: Show it, goddamit, I'm getting worried about that 2014 release date.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Trailer was a realtime cutscene. Seamless transitions and same assets.

So let me get this straight:

There was a behind the scenes presentation of the game at Gamescom. 4 months ago.

Gameinformer did their ''blowout'' of the game. GI saw the gameplay and IIRC they said it looked like the ''most next gen game they have seen'' or some shit. 2 months ago.

And now apparently either Sony is already holding some gameplay footage or they didn't have it ''ready in time'' for VGX depending what you believe.

C'mooooooooooooooon just show the damn gameplay already. If this is supposedly aimed for fall release surely you can start showing some stuff. Just have a 1 minute clip of pure gameplay and I'll shut up till E3 :(.

I just want to know if it's going to be anything but another typical 3rd person shooter. Given their goals for the game and constant cinematic talk, I doubt it.

a secret order that fights werewolves and other supernatural beings with futuristic weapons set in an alt victorian london... That's anything but typical. Bright ray of sunshine aren't ya derrick?

Silky

Banned
Black bars and no option to remove them are disgusting. And I'm not really holding my breath with a team who made lukewarm GoW titles and Daxter (I really fucking love Daxter) making a competent third person shooter.

But I've seen stranger things this year. I'll keep myself interested in how this games' being marketed.

Marvel

could never
More concerned with it's gameplay and story, I'm sure it'll be pretty but yeah... we'll see.

FourMyle

Cool, but doesn't matter if it runs like crap. I'll wait to see it in motion before I decide to like the visuals or not. Hope the animations are up to par as well.

Wrong. Crappy framerate does not stop SOTC from easily being one of the greatest games of all time.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Who cares about them graphics, gameplay all the way.

Man it already looked crazy good in that trailer, can not fucking wait. Please don't make us wait till GDC, please.

daveo42

Banned
Sure, I just think its funny that we just had a major (lol) trailer/PR event and they were completely absent.

Well, Sony was absent from the entire show, but people have alluded to Sony ditching it entirely based on suspicions that the show would be terribad. Still, not showing anything when they keep teasing this stuff is kind of disheartening.

Good to hold off till they are good and ready, but bad if that time ends up being very close to the game's launch.

Derrick01

Banned
a secret order that fights werewolves and other supernatural beings with futuristic weapons set in an alt victorian london... That's anything but typical. Bright ray of sunshine aren't ya derrick?

Who cares about the setting? I'm talking about the gameplay.

Rivver

Banned
I have zero doubt that I'm going to play this game as soon as it's released, I just wish they would show something more than the reveal trailer.

Still nothing on frame rate. If they're cutting part of the screen with black bars theeast you can do is have 60 fps. This pissed me off so much in Dragons Dogma that they cut the picture and had poor frame rate.
I was simply pissed my game was letterboxed. I'm playing a game, not watching a movie. And, as a plasma owner, I find the letterboxing "design choice" even more irritating.

Nonetheless, I want 1886 so bad. It's my most anticipated PS4 game, without a doubt.

Top Bottom