• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready @ Dawn: "Graphic fidelity of The Order 1886 definitely exceeds the trailer"

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
iboDE2JUvXOcTL.gif

Now give us some gameplay before E3.

I'll buy two. One to play on my PS4, and the other to have sex with.

Fuck man I already have a huge backlog of PS3 and 360 games to contend with. But I can't fucking STOP myself from buying new games. What's a fella to do? I can't ask devs to stop making games I want to play, because that's not fair to me, or others who may want said games.

I don't believe that for a second.

Why?

Marvel

could never
I'm not. RAD is a good dev. Some people want it to be something else, but there is nothing wrong with a good TPS.

Indeed, the reason I say this is because I just adore the setting and time period too. I also want a top notch script and shooting mechanics to go with the lovely graphics. Can't wait, but I really want to see some footage. Getting tired of reading teases from twitter about games I really care about.

AAK

Please hurry and finish this 3rd Person Shooter #5389030, then PLEASE go back to making awesome 3D Platformers.

I still remember the days when people thought that there was no way that Naughty Dog could top the original E3 06 Uncharted trailer...

Good. Now that we know that the game will look better, I hope it's finally fine for me to say that the reveal trailer really didn't strike me as all that special (considering it was a cutscene), certainly not as special as to warrant all the hype over the game's visuals. I also thought the concept looked quite goofy. I mean, I'm always in for some moody steam/dieselpunk, but throw in glowing railguns and hordes of werewolves into the mix, and you've gone a step too far. Less Underworld/Van Helsing, and more China Mieville, please.

That said, the setting still looks rather interesting, despite the overdone elements like those that I mentioned above, and goofy can be fun, so i remain cautiously optimistic.

Hoping for some God of War 3/Ryse tier graphical upgrades from the Order 1886. They should at least show a new screenshot from the upgraded build.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sorry dont care as much about shiny as I do gameplay. As a shiny turd is still a turd. Now if the gameplay proves me wrong then will be very happy indeed.

Until then just cant get excited when all I hear is talk about graphics.

Busty

Banned
Given how early we are in the console's life I have no reason whatsoever to doubt that this is true.

I think that Ready At Dawn could really flourish this 'gen' under/working with Sony.

sn00zer

Not surprising....tightly scripted corridor shooters are going to look nuts.....
I actually like the genre, but when its done poorly its awful

janisar

Neo Member
Daxter and their God of War games on PSP looked very impressive, so I guess they can pull this of on a PS4.

Some of the responses here are so weird.

"I don't care about graphics, I care about gameplay."

He's just answering somebody's question, not making it a point of sale...sheesh.

viveks86

Sorry dont care as much about shiny as I do gameplay. As a shiny turd is still a turd. Now if the gameplay proves me wrong then will be very happy indeed.

Until then just cant get excited when all I hear is talk about graphics.

Well, they have been talking a lot about the story, characters and setting. A bit too much, in fact. Also, what do you mean by "proves me wrong"? Do you believe the gameplay is shit, without even seeing it in action?

He's just answering somebody's question, not making it a point of sale...sheesh.

Seriously. You'd think they'd made an official PR statement about their graphical improvements from some of these responses.

Daxter and their God of War games on PSP looked very impressive, so I guess they can pull this of on a PS4.

yup even with the gameinformer documentary you could see that they are able to push the over the limits of the hardware they are working on

very interested in their first new I.P

Derrick01

Banned

Since they've unveiled this game they've definitely talked way more about the graphics and cinematic crap than the gameplay. I still have no idea how it plays or what they're aiming for. It's all flimic, cinematic, story story *vomit* story.

Top Bottom