• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready @ Dawn: "Graphic fidelity of The Order 1886 definitely exceeds the trailer"

Derrick01

Banned
You played it wrong...

Not really. The level design of that part is not built for stealth, they clearly wanted you to rush through that part with the arsenal that's thrown your way even on Hard. I was loaded to the teeth and now they're giving me assault rifles? I was more loaded then I am on Uncharted at that point.

Not really. The level design of that part is not built for stealth, they clearly wanted you to rush through that part with the arsenal that's thrown your way even on Hard. I was loaded to the teeth and now they're giving me assault rifles? I was more loaded then I am on Uncharted at that point.

Save that bullshit for the tourists. You can stealth through it, blow your way through it or mix both elements together. They clearly wanted the scene to be more climatic in terms of challenge, and the way you decided to go about it was the obvious one. That's on you not the game.

I've done it stealthy, action + stealth, and guns blazing. So just because I have the ammo should I kill the
nurses
? Maybe I should kill with a knife? Maybe I don't kill? Oh it was made for you to kill them because you had that option...

Since they've unveiled this game they've definitely talked way more about the graphics and cinematic crap than the gameplay. I still have no idea how it plays or what they're aiming for. It's all flimic, cinematic, story story *vomit* story.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They had a blowout in GameInformer and plenty of press showings, from which they emerged highly impressed.

"It's all flimic, cinematic, story story *vomit* story" What is with this kind of thinking. Story and graphics are just as important as gameplay. Why can't we have everything in a package? You like games without stories or visuals? The game is still a little far out. There is still the Playstation meeting in Fed, GDC and E3 to come. Be patient.

Flo_Evans

In general, I realy like the look of the The Order: 1886. The only part I don't like is the CA (chromatic aberration). As an avid photography buff, I do everything I can to ensure I don't have any CA in any of the pictures I take. CA is caused by an optical DEFECT in the lens and can be removed in post-processing. Most commercial and high end amateur photographers spend thousands of dollars to ensure they buy high quality glass that doesn't have CA defects.

In the Order, they are adding CA as a post processing defect (effect). Some will argue this is an artistic choice, but one I find odd. Adding defects that take GPU cycles that could be better used elsewhere, seems to be a poor tradeoff. Obviously Ready at Dawn will make the game the way they want, but hopefully other studios will avoid wasting GPU cycles on CA.

hmm as an avid photography buff I actually buy lenses with "defects" because they allow me to recreate moods and different looks.

lomography must really grind your gears eh?

Valhelm

contribute something
Based on the official Nintendo page that was Saffire and not Ready At Dawn.
RAD was founded in 2003, the same year that Hobbit game came out.

Ah, sorry! I just remembered the Wii version of Okami was by Ready at Dawn. I bought the two games together, and conflated the developers.

Ishida

Banned

It is completely built for stealth. I stealth'd my way through the whole scenario.

GameSeeker

hmm as an avid photography buff I actually buy lenses with "defects" because they allow me to recreate moods and different looks.

lomography must really grind your gears eh?

Since you are producing art, I respect it, even though it's not an approach I would ever take.

What I find ironic is that Ready at Dawn is not trying to recreate actual defects of Victorian era cameras. I could understand if they did. Instead, they are cherry picking out modern camera defects they think are "cool" like film grain, lens flare, and chromatic aberration. I wonder why they don't use the more common defects like pin cushioning, barrel distortion, vignetting, lens dust, under exposure (black crush), over exposure (white crush), etc.

Again, it's Ready at Dawn's art, so I will respect it, even though I think it's ugly.

S.W.

I could understand if they did. Instead, they are cherry picking out modern camera defects they think are "cool" like film grain, lens flare, and chromatic aberration. I wonder why they don't use the more common defects like pin cushioning, barrel distortion, vignetting, lens dust, under exposure (black crush), over exposure (white crush), etc.
Actually those are there...especially cushioning and distortion just to fit the wide fov in 2.4:1 ratio frame without making the perspective look skewed. The gameplay camera is supposed to be a nicely simulated anamorphic 35mm/50mm lens. (Both game director and creative director are huge camera buff and the game director himself has a degree in film making.)

Naminator

Banned
I swear I've never noticed chromatic abberation in any game I've played. Ever. I didn't even know what it was until GAF. I still never notice it in any game I play, I'm actually dumbfounded how you guys even see that shit lol.

Thats only because you didn't play Witcher 2.

Top Bottom