• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready Or Not Gameplay Reveal Trailer (Spiritual Successor Of Swat 4)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
C_FlsumUQAAnosa-2100x1200.jpg

It's finally here !

4-p-1600.jpeg
6-p-1600.jpeg
2-min-1-min-p-1600.jpeg

rJYquW.gif

Official Website

unknown.png

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I like the gameplay itself and how much promise it shows, but dear lord what is up with the narrator and music? Are you selling a video game or time shares in Tampa??

Gamezone

Gold Member
Q4 2020? They already delayed the trailer by almost a year. $120 doesn't even include a season pass.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I like the premise and I am a big fan of the SWAT series but honestly this game looks clunky as hell. Guy casually opens the door to a room which another officer describes as being full of enemies with guns and throws in a grenade without any sort of reaction from those inside. If you did something like that in SWAT 4 you would be dead in like a microsecond. Or the very beginning of the trailer, they flash a room and the just casually walk in, no rush, no hurry, chill, bruh and then he kicks a door without knowing what is on the other side, in SWAT 4 you would be in hot waters doing that because the enemies know you are coming thanks to that previous flash-bang. Maybe they will improve this but so far this gameplay trailer deflated my hype considerably.

Ramzy

This makes my pp hard. Some of my earliest tactical multiplayer memories come from playing SWAT 4 with my buddies.

anthraticus

Banned
I like the premise and I am a big fan of the SWAT series but honestly this game looks clunky as hell. Guy casually opens the door to a room which another officer describes as being full of enemies with guns and throws in a grenade without any sort of reaction from those inside. If you did something like that in SWAT 4 you would be dead in like a microsecond. Or the very beginning of the trailer, they flash a room and the just casually walk in, no rush, no hurry, chill, bruh and then he kicks a door without knowing what is on the other side, in SWAT 4 you would be in hot waters doing that because the enemies know you are coming thanks to that previous flash-bang. Maybe they will improve this but so far this gameplay trailer deflated my hype considerably.
Not good to hear this. Tactical shooters live and die with their enemy AI.

It's why the Codemasters Flashpoint games blew.

anthraticus

Banned
Flashpoint had a really solid AI if you programmed it right. I have spent hundreds of hours in the editor of that game and the AI could be anything between brain-dead to quake pro levels.
Yea, there seemed to be a certain range where the enemy AI would be decent. Too close or far away and they were pretty much braindead.

Which made all the scopes useless for me, because picking them off from a distance while they were completely clueless (sometimes hitting the ground out in the open and spinning around like imbeciles ) wasn't too fun, so I just always took iron sights and tried to engage them from those medium ranges where they were more effective,

Still, I'd rather just pop in some good old Cold War Crisis/Resistance any day. Much better enemy AI in that game. And a much better campaign too.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Yea, there seemed to be a certain range where the enemy AI would be decent. Too close or far away and they were pretty much braindead.

Which made all the scopes useless for me, because picking them off from a distance while they were completely clueless (sometimes hitting the ground out in the open and spinning around like imbeciles ) wasn't too fun, so I just always took iron sights and tried to engage them from those medium ranges where they were more effective,

Still, I'd rather just pop in some good old Cold War Crisis/Resistance any day. Much better enemy AI in that game. And a much better campaign too.

Wait, I thought you were talking about Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/Resistance. Because those are the ones I have spent my entire grade school playing. Which ones did you mean originally? The Flashpoint 2 game?

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Wait, I thought you were talking about Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/Resistance. Because those are the ones I have spent my entire grade school playing. Which ones did you mean originally? The Flashpoint 2 game?
Nah...I was talking about the bs Flashpoint games from Codemasters. Dragon Rising and Red River.

Cold War Crisis/Resistance is the shit ! Legendary title. That and Hidden & Dangerous series probably have the best campaigns ever in a tactical shooter.

Last edited:
Looks real neat. It's been a while since I played SWAT 4, so I'm just about ready for something new. Too bad its release is so far off. The AI could use some work it seems, they hardly react to the player in the trailer, but then again maybe that's on purpose, to show off some of the features.

mcz117chief

Nah...I was talking about the bs Flashpoint games from Codemasters. Dragon Rising and Red River.

Cold War Crisis/Resistance is the shit ! Legendary title. That and Hidden & Dangerous series probably have the best campaigns ever in a tactical shooter.

It just confused me because the original Flashpoint games are also from Codemasters (as publisher at least).

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It just confused me because the original Flashpoint games are also from Codemasters (as publisher at least).

The first Operation Flashpoint game was made by the chaps who make the ArmA games now. They left to do their own thing, codemasters then used the name to publish fairly mediocre games while ArmA became the actual sequel, with evolved versions of the engine etc.

Top Bottom