• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready Or Not Reveal Trailer - FPS Coop SWAT Game

Pachimari

I welcome any game that lets me open doors incrementally with the mouse wheel. Long time since we've been able to do that. Last time was in Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield.

pastrami

Hoping for SWAT 5, expecting Takedown: Red Sabre. I'm not going to get excited until I see some a mission walkthrough that showcases the AI and other features.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It will be Switch exclusive.
giphy.gif

SomTervo

NUyttbn.gif

Me....need.

Edit: Holy shit that feature list:

Just those features is enough to want this badly.

Wow, yeah.

I started playing Splinter Cell a while back (the very first one...) and it had the mouse-wheel controlled speed system.

I was always baffled as to why it never came back. It's infinitely better than holding CTRL or Shift and WASD.

TheMoon

Wow, yeah.

I started playing Splinter Cell a while back (the very first one...) and it had the mouse-wheel controlled speed system.

I was always baffled as to why it never came back. It's infinitely better than holding CTRL or Shift and WASD.

probably because consoles became the lead SKU and PC versions became the afterthought as the SC series went on (remember how PC gaming was "dead" in the middle of last decade?).

Keasar

Wow, yeah.

Exactly, they got the Splinter Cell speed control combined with SWAT 4 door control combined with ArmA 3 lean/posture control.

Me like.

SomTervo

Man, some of that trailer is dark.

Rainbow Six sans Ubisoft's Hollywood sense of 'taste'? Fucking yes.

probably because consoles became the lead SKU and PC versions became the afterthought as the SC series went on (remember how PC gaming was "dead" in the middle of last decade?).

True :/

Exactly, they got the Splinter Cell speed control combined with SWAT 4 door control combined with ArmA 3 lean/posture control.

Me like.

Yeah - this sounds a bit more involved than ArmA 3's, though!

Dyna

That trailer was really good, seems like a very dark game. Sounds quite ambitious, hope they can deliver!

So, about "The Anal Staircase", a thought flew through my mind.

Rectum from Irreversible (both the name and the red lights) and the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando.

Maybe (hopefully?) there's no connection at all, otherwise this will probably pretty controversial.

that infantile humor actually was to the trailer's detriment, imo.
I think some "ripped from the headlines" gritty realism in the scenarios would be good. Even if that makes people uncomfortable, but honestly that is the nature of political violence and hate crimes these days :/

OldMuffin

Oh god I was just saying that this seems over ambitious and they might be over promising. Honestly i hope this turns out great cause I really like how its tackling some difficult subjects. (FYI I don't hate No man sky's for what it was, it was good just over promised a lot thus the comparison).

Gameplay
ready_or_not_game_by_digi_matrix-db86csv.gif

Please let this not be smokes and mirrors of fake polished gameplay and first-time developers not bringing the goods. I need my SWAT 4 spiritual successor. I need my nonlethal playthroughs.

SomTervo

Gameplay
ready_or_not_game_by_digi_matrix-db86csv.gif

Please let this not be smokes and mirrors of fake polished gameplay and first-time developers not bringing the goods. I need my SWAT 4 spiritual successor. I need my nonlethal playthroughs.

It reeks of a very early announcement. The trailer was super high budget. Perhaps they're fishing for publishers.

moniker

I think some "ripped from the headlines" gritty realism in the scenarios would be good. Even if that makes people uncomfortable, but honestly that is the nature of political violence and hate crimes these days :/

I agree, but the Irreversible connection (which most likely is totally off base) would probably make it pure exploitation rather than any kind of meaningful exploration of the nature of political violence. Anyway, it was just a random thought. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

Zeknurn

A high production concept video, with all the features every tactical shooter fan would love, from an unknown indie developer?

So, when the kickstarter?

I'll continue to be skeptic until they show a working game with half the things they are promising.

strafer

People actually liked SWAT4? I thought it was a big departure from the very excellent SWAT3, still my favorite game.

OldMuffin

I'll believe it when its released, looks way to good to not be publisher bait.

This is what I meant when I called it "No Man's Sky 2". It looks good... a bit too good from a no name.... Hope it turns out well but I am not holding my breath...

Mik2121

Sounds great, looks impressive and is done with UE4 (so I can believe it being done by an indie company, seeing how easy it is to work with that engine, you have to be pretty bad to not be able to use it...).

SomTervo

This is what I meant when I called it "No Man's Sky 2". It looks good... a bit too good from a no name.... Hope it turns out well but I am not holding my breath...

Hello Games weren't "no name" though. They had several solid games under their belt and we knew their entire roster (indeed, made up of a team of people who had shipped a multitude of great games).

OldMuffin

Hello Games weren't "no name" though. They had several solid games under their belt and we knew their entire roster (indeed, made up of a team of people who had shipped a multitude of great games).

Alright maybe no name isn't the best way to describe them but still the whole "too good to be true"thing still stands. Also you have to take into consideration some kickstarter projects, where stuff look promising early on by go south fast.

aember

For those wondering: I believe the dev team is made up of 3 people.

Here's the reddit thread they posted the other day.

"Our team of 3 finally completed the teaser and site for our Tactical FPS"

And in reply to a 'too good to be true' comment, the OP (I assume one of the 3 devs) posted:

It's always something for the consumer to consider, but we've just been putting in the hard yards. We have two years of private development videos to prove it! Thank you, though.

iddqd

Seeing that the devs are not even owning their own website, call me a bit skeptical on how this might turn out.
http://www.voidinteractive.tk/

People are getting a little bit too exited here (as always).
(Post above me makes this even clearer, yeah, maybe wait for the "early access")

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
People actually liked SWAT4? I thought it was a big departure from the very excellent SWAT3, still my favorite game.

SWAT4 did some things better, some things worse than SWAT3 - it's possible to like them both for different reasons.

Top Bottom