• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready Or Not Reveal Trailer - FPS Coop SWAT Game

Djostikk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd139Nin33M

Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with defusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments.

It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc. Bring order to chaos with up to 8 players in cooperative play, battle enemy squads in a close player-vs-player environment, or command AI in a striking single-player mode.

More on website: http://voidinteractive.net/developer-blog-01-teaser-and-beyond/

Could it be SWAT 5 we all asked for?

Keasar

NUyttbn.gif

Me....need.

Edit: Holy shit that feature list:
Incremental lean system
Our most prominent feature involves the players ability to maneuver around obstacles, opening up infinite possibilities regarding tactical positions. Players can duck under low cover to avoid oncoming fire, or peak above high cover in order to spot and return fire upon the enemy. The assigned keys can be tapped in any order to ”peek". On top of this, we have also included a classic quick-lean system seen in many shooters.

Incremental Door control system
This gameplay feature allows for doors of multiple types such as sliding, swinging, and revolving doors, to be manipulated by the mouse wheel at any time. Provided the door is unlocked, players can interact and incrementally move them.

Modular speed control
Our final mouse-wheel-based feature involves the control of the player's speed by scrolling up or down. This allows for precise movement in a close-quarters environment, which may mean the difference between life and death in a hostile situation. This, of course, can be re-bound to suit our users needs.
Just those features is enough to want this badly.

Corpekata

Banned
Kinda getting a "too good to be true" sort of vibe.

Looking up Void Interactive it seems like it's either a one-man or close to it studio.

Bluth54

I'll have to keep an eye on this, looks like it could potentially be a great spiritual successor to Swat 4.

That was a really dark trailer, well made.
I am definitely interested if it approaches R6 or Swat!
It's set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc.
So basically this game will go narratively where R6: Patriots was too risk-averse to go. Nice.

F!ReW!Re

Christ on a donkey! That's an awesome reveal trailer and that feature list makes it sound like it's too good to be true.

The return of SWAT?
(I'll also take a Rainbow/Ghost Recon version of this please!)

Ont

Finally, I can't believe it took this long for someone make a game similar to the SWAT series. A golden opportunity if there ever was one.

It looks great.

Koobion

Seriously into the locking door features. That has always been something that games have so often lacked, and I for some reason have always wanted.

- Insanely good graphics (if that is in-game)
- Fantastic animations
- Great sound FX
- Innovative gameplay mechanics

This sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?

KodaRuss

Wow, Siege with doors? I am in. Little worried this might be PC only though.

Edit: PC Only, well maybe this will force Ubi to fix their shit now.

Arulan

One thing that really makes SWAT 4 special that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere for this game is rules of engagement. I hope this is a big part of the design direction.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow that guy is holding a kid hostage. Yeah this game will be pretty dark.

Devblog.jpg

RoN_Promo_10.png

RoN_Promo_3_Alt.png

TCRS

Banned
Now that I think about it Rainbow Six didn't have a single fucking door lol. Oh well another tactical shooter can only be a good thing.

derFeef

Wow they are going for the ultra realism and scenarios? Boy...
That gif does not fill me with confidence though.

Top Bottom