• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Canadian superstore flyer says Black 3DS XL hitting this weekend

big_z

Still haven't opened the mario kart bundle I got from the shoppers sale a week ago. I'm tempted to return it providing this is real. If theres black, white cant be far behind either.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If this turns out to be true, why am I not surprised there has been no announcement? :/

btkadams

does anyone actually call it real canadian superstore? i know it gets referred to as RCSS in deals threads, but that makes more sense for an abbreviation.

If this turns out to be true, why am I not surprised there has been no announcement? :/

There's no game tied to it or anything. I remember they announced 2 new DSi colors, like on the day they came out, last year on Twitter out of nowhere. That's just how NOA does things.

DAMN, that matte black.. yes please. This is definitely tempting me to trade in my OG black 3DS for it. I've had good restraint so far but this might be the thing that pushes me over the edge to jump in.

Tobor

Jesus Christ, I can't believe it took this long. I will buy one when it comes to the US.

I refuse to spend money on their shitty digital account system, though, so I'll have to buy an AC cartridge.

chrono01

What's with Nintendo of America and their "surprise" releases?

For example, with the Pikachu 3DS XL it was like "HEY GUYS! It's releasing a few days, pre-orders open now, EXTREMELY limited!" and now this.

I'm not interested in an all-black 3DS XL [I'm content with my Pikachu version], but an announcement ahead of time would be appreciated.

Drago

Took them long enough.

I'm perfectly content now though with my Animal Crossing XL. Maybe if it was all white I'd feel a little regret.

Meesh

Yes!!!!!!! I want.... But I'll still take the time to bitch about why no other 3dsXL limited editions, ect. (Mon Hun where were you?)

I'm fine with my red one but does not mean I am happy about never having this as a choice
LLShC.gif

I have a Blue 3DS XL; but I bought a spare Red Battery Cover from Nintendo, just because. Now, once this Black one is out, I'll buy that battery cover.

Then get some kind of nice decal for the top of the system. Oh, the 3DS XL has your serial number on the inside and outside of the battery cover. Kind of an interesting note.

Kade

Going to swap my red XL for one of these if I can do it for cheap or free. I wish they had neutral colours at launch.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine with my blue XL. Don't really care what my portables look like. Mostly play them at home, and going to look like a nerd when playing a portable game in public regardless of color (unless it can pass as a smartphone). Besides, who cares what others think about such things anyway?

Of course, nothing wrong with being picky about color and buying a new one just because you like the color better. :D I just couldn't care less as long as the only option isn't pink or some color I hate. But black, red, blue, dark green, dark orange, etc.--lot's of color options I'd be fine with (even if I like some more than others).

Drago

I just saw the Mario & Luigi Dream Team commercial on TV (pretty great commercial too) and a Black 3DS XL was being used.

If that isn't confirmation I don't know what is.

Lhadatt

I just saw the Mario & Luigi Dream Team commercial on TV (pretty great commercial too) and a Black 3DS XL was being used.

If that isn't confirmation I don't know what is.

I came here to post this. I guess I'll confirm it, since I'm here and all.

Confirmed. Black 3DS XL sighted in this commercial during Adventure Time on Cartoon Network in the US.

Top Bottom