• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Canadian superstore flyer says Black 3DS XL hitting this weekend

Lexxism

Lol. Nintendo really likes surprises. Don't they want to sell their hardware? 3DS XL black this Friday on RCSS? Hmm I might visit one to check

baphomet

Maybe when they bother to bring the white one to the states ill upgrade. Until then ill hold onto what I currently have.

kierwynn

At least some solid color is coming out- a step in the right direction, I suppose. Gonna keep my pink unless we get white or mint green over here.

I don't think that the system transfer limit is exactly awesome, but how many do you expect to do? I've done 2, I can't imagine what would entice me to do three more.

This'll be my third 3DS in as many years. What if the 3ds goes on for as long as the DS did? There's a very real possibility of running out of transfers if I lose/break one or what have you. It's ridiculous.

malts

Fuck. Just bought a Blue XL two weeks ago. Would have gotten black in a heartbeat. Nintendo has burned me one too many times with the 3DS hardware.

Nice to see this is happening for those that we're holding off for this. I'll still be waiting on a special Zelda bundle.

Also I hope this could mean a Direct is coming soon.

Saroyan

This'll be my third 3DS in as many years. What if the 3ds goes on for as long as the DS did? There's a very real possibility of running out of transfers if I lose/break one or what have you. It's ridiculous.

Yeah the limit on transfers seems like an unnecessary restriction. I've done it once when I upgraded to my XL, I don't see how this could be abused where Nintendo would need to limit it.

entremet

Jesus Christ, I can't believe it took this long. I will buy one when it comes to the US.

I refuse to spend money on their shitty digital account system, though, so I'll have to buy an AC cartridge.

Reggie said Walmart forced him to stick with only two colors lol.

Is there an easy way to convert?

I'm not sure if it's easy, but it's possible. The pink and white 3DS XL already has a white base. You would just need to swap the battery cover (bottom shell, two screws) and the back shell on the top half of the system (4 screws and some tabs holding it in).

The hard part is finding a busted white JP or UK LL to source the shell from. Or you could just buy a working LL and resell after the swap.

An-Det

Been hoping for something like this to come along over the next month. Hopefully it comes out in the US soon so I can get around to SMT4.

corn_fest

I might upgrade when they release a version that doesn't feel like it was constructed on a $10 budget of index cards and paper clips.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Good news for those who want it.

I already bought mine (XL bundle with MK7) but I have the Hori TPU black skin which makes it look like black :p

3ds_xl_tpu_black__1.jpg

EDIT: Holy shit why is Hori selling POKEMON XY TPU CASES? OH GOD WH

Dang. Nothing new?

I updated the OP with a link to the Mario & Luigi Commercial and replaced thew old picture with a real screenshot. :)

But no, nothing new today. The IGN story has not been updated again, so I guess NOA has not commented. Probably because they'll formally announce it in the next few days.

I'm ready to buy this on Friday, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a Nintendo Direct in the next week or so going into more details with the black 3DSXL being released on the same day as Dream Team in NA.

randomkid

4 months too late Nintendo! I mean, I got one for $160 with Mario 3D free by biting the blue bullet, but toy blue just sucks so bad I still somehow feel a little bit of regret haha

vctor182

4 months too late Nintendo! I mean, I got one for $160 with Mario 3D free by biting the blue bullet, but toy blue just sucks so bad I still somehow feel a little bit of regret haha

Did the same thing for the free download game with Luigi's Mansion 2, except Blue is cool, looks like electric blue.

Jonboy

I updated the OP with a link to the Mario & Luigi Commercial and replaced thew old picture with a real screenshot. :)

But no, nothing new today. The IGN story has not been updated again, so I guess NOA has not commented. Probably because they'll formally announce it in the next few days.

I'm ready to buy this on Friday, though.
Same here! So ready for this.

Top Bottom