• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Canadian superstore flyer says Black 3DS XL hitting this weekend

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Lol, I went through several just to get a pure white one (top screen). No matter how you look at it, I'm not going back, even for black.

wicko

Black 3DS XL was an error it looks like, friend screen-capped this for me:

ieujcemv8ponN.PNG

I wonder if that's really an error or the NOA called them to stop the selling the product before they give any announcement on it.

They'll probably launch the XL on August together with M&L.

That's my hope. Seems to follow Nintendo's trend of announcing new models as well.

I finally saw the commercial. Honestly,it looks like a blue XL in shadow to me.

I think it's just an unfortunate coincidence that the commercial and the mistaken ad came out around the same time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Man, I hope Nintendo releases a black 3DS XL in the US. The games are there - it's the right color that I've been waiting for. Do you want my money or not Nintendo??

I finally saw the commercial. Honestly,it looks like a blue XL in shadow to me.

I think it's just an unfortunate coincidence that the commercial and the mistaken ad came out around the same time.

The blue of the XL is too light to look like that. Looking at the picture in the OP, it looks black even where the light is hitting it directly.

Also, that box in the ad is in the North American style. That is not a Japanese or European XL box.

Still haven't gotten a 3DS so it's good to have the option. I'm not going crazy over needing black or white hardware though, I might still end up getting the red as those ones look quite nice as well.

XOMTOR

I wonder if that's really an error or the NOA called them to stop the selling the product before they give any announcement on it.

Yea, I can't see it simply being an error. I'm looking at the flyer now and it clearly pictures a 3DS XL box with an all black 3DS on the front and says: "Available in new all black color".

That's one heck of an "error", even going so far as to photoshop new box art. :)

joesiv

Man, I was holding out for an all black one (to match my all black DS)... but now that it's available... I don't see many games that excite me. My nostalgia drive kicked in when earthbound was released on WiiU VC, and now I just want to play that on a 3DS if I were to get it.

Other games I was excited for, now don't seem to be pushing me to pony up for a 3DS (mario 3dland, fire emblem).

Typically I'm one to jump on new colors, with DS, I had a DS Phat, then upgrade to a white DS lite, then to the black :) Black is the best :) I'll have to go check out those 3DS game threads to see if my interest can be perked again.

Grief.exe

When Nintendo released the Pikachu 3DS XL, they prefaced the release with a commercial and no announcement.

Now we are seeing the exact same thing with the Black XL. They are running that commercial in America, they are going to have that color available.

They are probably trying to coincide it near the Mario & Luigi release on the 11th.

Muzy72

Banned
It should have been obvious from the beginning that it would launch with Mario & Luigi 4, and not a single day before

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo PR said:
REDMOND, Wash., July 30, 2013 – The Nintendo 3DS XL system is about to get a little more formal. On Aug. 11, Nintendo is releasing a black version of the Nintendo 3DS XL hand-held system, joining the currently available range of colors: blue, red and pink.
The system is launching on the same day as Nintendo 3DS game Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, so fans that pick up a new black system or already own a Nintendo 3DS can also play the exciting new entry in the much-loved Mario & Luigi role-playing series. Aug. 11 will be a classy day to become a new Nintendo 3DS owner. Just make sure there is room in your tuxedo pocket or fancy purse!

So its official

Top Bottom