• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Time Animal Crossing Music

I fucking love the music in AC. I can never get enough of it, and the overall environment. Even though I was pretty jaded with the 3DS, I'll be getting one once AC 3DS comes out.

Riposte

Hmm, I wish it was better put together. Just embedding a youtube video is meh to me.

In any case the DS music after 12:00am is when things really get going.

GC AC music is where it's at, i'm getting a huge nostalgia rush right now, I must prepare myself for 10pm and remember to wake up tomorrow in time for the 7 and 8 am combo since they were probably my favourite tracks.
DS/Wii soundtracks are solid as well, but not quite as good (though since it's currently on 5pm here the CF/WW one is preferred). On this note I hope the 3DS game gets new music.

JackEtc

I turned it on and sort of forgot about it, and I just realized I've been listening to it for an hour straight now. Love it.

blamite

Ooh, this is the best. Gonna use this so much.

I only really remember the GC music though, is WW/CF any good?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ooh, this is the best. Gonna use this so much.

I only really remember the GC music though, is WW/CF any good?

It feels like a more Venice-y remix. It's definitely nice music but the GC versions are carved into my brain.

What a coincidence. I'm writing what I hope will be the definitive editorial on AC music right now, and this just pops up when I Google search the topic and stuff. Neat.

The original AC soundtrack is the best for more reasons than nostalgia. It had the best balance between active percussive elements (percussion and peppy melodies) and underlying atmospheric structure. Perfectly complimented the game design and day-by-day routine of playing the game, and it fit snug into the homely-village feel of the original games. Sure enough: the later soundtracks fit the later games, which isn't a good thing considering how downsized WW is and how utterly-lazy CF was on the Wii. I guess it's only fair that the quality and kind of music heard in these games should reflect on what has so-far been a decadent course of franchise evolution.

Haha, I love how the grass background darkens as night approaches. Great find.

EDIT: Yeah, it did! That's pretty neat -- I was sitting here at 7:59 wondering if it would. Awesome.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is it bad that I want to play Animal Crossing WW right now but I'm afraid to play it because I plan on buying the 3DS version and I'm afraid it's going to be the same thing? :p

Is it bad that I want to play Animal Crossing WW right now but I'm afraid to play it because I plan on buying the 3DS version and I'm afraid it's going to be the same thing? :p

There's fundamental differences, particularly in the fact that you take the role of The Mayor. Not to mention they've actually bothered improving the graphics this time around!

animal_crossing_wild_world_4.jpg

animal-crossing-3ds.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does Animal Crossing GC on Dolphin have a working widescreen hack? Anyone know?

ZenaxPure

I don't know what happened, I clicked on the thread, listened to the amazing music and now 5 minutes later I am playing Animal Crossing: WW. What has this thread done to me.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Fuck. This makes me really want to buy the original again, but I told myself I wouldn't as to not ruin the 3DS version (don't wanna get bored of the gameplay again before it even comes out). So many good and peaceful memories of playing this game super late at night in my old apartment.

trinest

I don't know what happened, I clicked on the thread, listened to the amazing music and now 5 minutes later I am playing Animal Crossing: WW. What has this thread done to me.

That almost happened to me yesterday but then I was like---wait a minute. And didn't bother play WW.

Wicked Sushi

Neo Member
Logged in just to say thanks for posting this. I always loved listening to the hourly songs in the GameCube version. Very relaxing. The cheap, sub-par MIDI feel adds to it, I think. Probably wouldn't be as enjoyable for me otherwise.

Top Bottom