• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Reasons why the 2020 presidential election is deeply puzzling

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada

First, consider some facts. President Trump received more votes than any previous incumbent seeking reelection. He got 11 million more votes than in 2016, the third largest rise in support ever for an incumbent. By way of comparison, President Obama was comfortably reelected in 2012 with 3.5 million fewer votes than he received in 2008.

Trump’s vote increased so much because, according to exit polls, he performed far better with many key demographic groups. Ninety-five percent of Republicans voted for him. He did extraordinarily well with rural male working-class whites.

He earned the highest share of all minority votes for a Republican since 1960. Trump grew his support among black voters by 50 percent over 2016. Nationally, Joe Biden’s black support fell well below 90 percent, the level below which Democratic presidential candidates usually lose.

Trump increased his share of the national Hispanic vote to 35 percent. With 60 percent or less of the national Hispanic vote, it is arithmetically impossible for a Democratic presidential candidate to win Florida, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico. Bellwether states swung further in Trump’s direction than in 2016. Florida, Ohio and Iowa each defied America’s media polls with huge wins for Trump. Since 1852, only Richard Nixon has lost the electoral college after winning this trio, and that 1960 defeat to John F. Kennedy is still the subject of great suspicion.

Midwestern states Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin always swing in the same direction as Ohio and Iowa, their regional peers. Ohio likewise swings with Florida. Current tallies show that, outside of a few cities, the Rust Belt swung in Trump’s direction. Yet, Biden leads in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin because of an apparent avalanche of black votes in Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee. Biden’s ‘winning’ margin was derived almost entirely from such voters in these cities, as coincidentally his black vote spiked only in exactly the locations necessary to secure victory. He did not receive comparable levels of support among comparable demographic groups in comparable states, which is highly unusual for the presidential victor.

We are told that Biden won more votes nationally than any presidential candidate in history. But he won a record low of 17 percent of counties; he only won 524 counties, as opposed to the 873 counties Obama won in 2008. Yet, Biden somehow outdid Obama in total votes.

Victorious presidential candidates, especially challengers, usually have down-ballot coattails; Biden did not. The Republicans held the Senate and enjoyed a ‘red wave’ in the House, where they gained a large number of seats while winning all 27 toss-up contests. Trump’s party did not lose a single state legislature and actually made gains at the state level.

Another anomaly is found in the comparison between the polls and non-polling metrics. The latter include: party registrations trends; the candidates’ respective primary votes; candidate enthusiasm; social media followings; broadcast and digital media ratings; online searches; the number of (especially small) donors; and the number of individuals betting on each candidate.

Despite poor recent performances, media and academic polls have an impressive 80 percent record predicting the winner during the modern era. But, when the polls err, non-polling metrics do not; the latter have a 100 percent record. Every non-polling metric forecast Trump’s reelection. For Trump to lose this election, the mainstream polls needed to be correct, which they were not. Furthermore, for Trump to lose, not only did one or more of these metrics have to be wrong for the first time ever, but every single one had to be wrong, and at the very same time; not an impossible outcome, but extremely unlikely nonetheless.

The following 10 peculiarities also lack compelling explanations:

1. Late on election night, with Trump comfortably ahead, many swing states stopped counting ballots. In most cases, observers were removed from the counting facilities. Counting generally continued without the observers

2. Statistically abnormal vote counts were the new normal when counting resumed. They were unusually large in size (hundreds of thousands) and had an unusually high (90 percent and above) Biden-to-Trump ratio

3. Late arriving ballots were counted. In Pennsylvania, 23,000 absentee ballots have impossible postal return dates and another 86,000 have such extraordinary return dates they raise serious questions

4. The failure to match signatures on mail-in ballots. The destruction of mail in ballot envelopes, which must contain signatures

5. Historically low absentee ballot rejection rates despite the massive expansion of mail voting. Such is Biden’s narrow margin that, as political analyst Robert Barnes observes, ‘If the states simply imposed the same absentee ballot rejection rate as recent cycles, then Trump wins the election’

6. Missing votes. In Delaware County, Pennsylvania, 50,000 votes held on 47 USB cards are missing

7. Non-resident voters. Matt Braynard’s Voter Integrity Project estimates that 20,312 people who no longer met residency requirements cast ballots in Georgia. Biden’s margin is 12,670 votes

8. ‘Over votes.’ Pennsylvania mailed out 1.8 million ballots, but 2.5 million ballots were returned. In 10 Pennsylvania counties, Biden secured more votes than there were registered Democratic voters. In Nevada, there are 77,982 more votes in the presidential election than total ballots cast; Biden’s current margin is 33,596. Ballots exceeded the number of residents by 2.5 times in some Georgia precincts

9. Serious ‘chain of custody’ breakdowns. Invalid residential addresses. Record numbers of dead people voting. Ballots in pristine condition without creases, that is, they had not been mailed in envelopes as required by law

10. Statistical anomalies. In Georgia, Biden overtook Trump with 89 percent of the votes counted. For the next 53 batches of votes counted, Biden led Trump by the same exact 50.05 to 49.95 percent margin in every single batch. It is particularly perplexing that all statistical anomalies and tabulation abnormalities were in Biden’s favor. Whether the cause was simple human error or nefarious activity, or a combination, clearly something peculiar happened.

If you think that only weirdos have legitimate concerns about these findings and claims, maybe the weirdness lies in you.

Last edited:

deafmedal

Feb 28, 2012
Deep in the heart of Texas
Let’s see...
- Safest, most secure vote evar
- Biden was (rightfully) seen as a candidate who could easily bridge the gap and heal wounds that run deep. His HISTORIC numbers prove this. Obviously a result of hitting the streets and connecting with the common man
- Dominion said they are super secure, ergo, we should trust them. There weren’t any spelling errors in their press release so we know they are telling the truth
- How could anyone trust someone who uses hair dye, let alone lets it run down their face?!
- Powell had a history of being a grifter. Nobody ever even heard of this plantation owning white supremacist before, obviously a fundie nut job... did you see all the spelling errors in her little “Krackhead release”?! Hell, even Cheeto-in-Chief distanced himself from this looney toon
- What water pipe? I don’t remember anyone talking about a water leak?
- We weren’t voting for Hunter 🙄
- Did I mention spelling?
- RUUUUUSSSSIIIIIAAA
- OMB, he created c19 and killed all the old timers all the while endorsing white supremacy and brutal police violence against black Americans
- Build Back Better is NOT odd at all. No ties to this Great Reset conspiracy, quit spreading FUD loosers
- On the right side of history, you Trumpsters need to be put on a list and punished if you don’t denounce your false godchild, expect re-education otherwise
- Even FOX news sees through this bullshit dog face pony show!
- I mean, really, is it so hard to check for spelling and other grammatical errors when filing such an “important” case? Bitch don’t even believe the shit coming out of her own mouth. When’s her next book due?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
Yep. Knew it. You didn’t even read the article.

The article is irrelevant. What matters is whether allegations stand in court. So far they haven't, and if they haven't, the allegations are false. One would expect a patriot to rejoice at the fact the electoral process went unhindered, but weirdly you and other people like you are wishing it was, just so your chosen candidate gets to win.

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
It's been....24 days since the election, why haven't you guys closed the book on the allegations against the biggest potential election fraud in US history? None of these highly anomalous activities mean anything if I don't have a judge ruling.

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
The article is irrelevant. What matters is whether allegations stand in court. So far they haven't, and if they haven't, the allegations are false. One would expect a patriot to rejoice at the fact the electoral process went unhindered, but weirdly you and other people like you are wishing it was, just so your chosen candidate gets to win.
He’s actually NOT my chosen candidate. But keep assuming.

Truth is, you won’t engage in these facts.You just won’t.

So you’re telling me that when SCOTUS decides there were fraudulent votes and throws out enough of them to over turn the electoral votes, you’re not going to put on your Reeee voice and screech: bUt ScoTuS IS bIAS BARRETTKAVANAUGHGORSUCHBLRGKAADJCEIXIVLTOSKCIVIRNDJAS.

ZippyTheOtter

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
He’s actually NOT my chosen candidate. But keep assuming.

Truth is, you won’t engage in these facts.You just won’t.

So you’re telling me that when SCOTUS decides there were fraudulent votes and throws out enough of them to over turn the electoral votes, you’re not going to put on your Reeee voice and screech: bUt ScoTuS IS bIAS BARRETTKAVANAUGHGORSUCHBLRGKAADJCEIXIVLTOSKCIVIRNDJAS.
Please point to the "fraud" case that is headed to the SCOTUS.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Dr.Guru of Peru

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
There’s nothing wrong with working at a gas station or on a weekend in general.

in fairness this thread is indistinguishable from the dozens of other “it’s happening!!!” Threads that get posted here. It’s gonna happen or it won’t.

The article doesn't claim anything is happening, it's a succinct report of the many highly irregular findings, we're all aware this is going to play out in due time, just a little tired of all of this being dismissed as crackpot conspiracy. It's legitimate inquiry.

psorcerer

Banned
May 1, 2012
What matters is whether allegations stand in court. So far they haven't, and if they haven't, the allegations are false.

It doesn't work like that.
Court cannot prove something true or false.
Otherwise there won't be any wrongful convictions.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 17, 2017
I’ve had a person tell me this needs to be “let go” because of the implications on our entire election process.. I reminded the person for the last 4 years he’s been screeching the sitting US president is a Russian agent. I don’t think he has the mental capacity to understand his hypocrisy.

I think we need to move on not because there aren’t potential shenanigans, but because it’s tearing apart the GA GOP.. we need to be United in the election efforts of Purdue and Loeffler, not fighting an unwinnable battle.

Hulk_Smash

Jan 8, 2014
The same screechers that told us “but we don’t have to wait for a verdict when the court of public opinion exists!” are telling us to wait for a court verdict.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: deafmedal

ZippyTheOtter

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
The same screechers that told us “but we don’t have to wait for a verdict when the court of public opinion exists!” are telling us to wait for a court verdict.
... Are you ok?

The court of public opinion already did their thing, it's the minority screaming at the courts currently.
So you think it's all theatre, but you're suddenly incapable of explaining why? They're not sending their brightest 🤔
Hmm, you're right. The last three weeks have made that really puzzling

ZippyTheOtter

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
If it's all theatrics, you must have a rationale as to why you think that, so explain yourself. Let's see some intellectual vigour on display.
Honestly, after all these threads explaining stuff. You know what. Have your fun. Take your "win" over me.

As someone posted here it's "whack-a-mole' with you lot. It's stopped being fun, and now just fucking sad.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Arkam

Kadayi

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Discord : Kadayi#0650
Honestly, after all these threads explaining stuff. You know what. Have your fun. Take your "win" over me.

As someone posted here it's "whack-a-mole' with you lot. It's stopped being fun, and now just fucking sad.

LOL. I'm not even American. I don't buy into some of the more out-there conspiracies, but just looking at the data points it's pretty clear there's some BS that went down to a lesser or greater degree. On that basis alone, and after 4 years of 'Russian Collusion' being bandied around by the Dems ad infinitum (as if it was ever really a thing )I think it's only fair and reasonable that the result of the election isn't left in any doubt by a thorough investigation and audit of the votes in the contested states. The fact that MSM couldn't wait to anoint JB 'President-Elect' and Twitter has been editorializing any Tweets that remotely question the result with their 'Widespread Fraud is not common' Disclaimer, just feels like they're attempting to strong-arm the narrative.

Maybe at the end of it all, Biden still wins. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know a lot of people here might be upset by that. My concern is largely whether they'd fire up war machine again and start meddling in the ME., because no one wants that.

You still cling to that fantasy?

I'm not clinging to anything I'm merely asking if they've had the vote? Given your abject failure to answer the question,. I guess not. Logic isn't your strong though is it.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020

Wordy, consider editing for word economy:

Facing unprecedented polarization during a historically divisive presidency, different parts of America pull sharply in opposite directions.

There. Article is now twitter length. I should go back into editing.

Last edited:

Majukun

Jun 19, 2009
It's been....24 days since the election, why haven't you guys closed the book on the allegations against the biggest potential election fraud in US history? None of these highly anomalous activities mean anything if I don't have a judge ruling.

yes?
the judicial system is the one in charge to verify accusations because contrary to the general population it has both the knowledge and means to verify them.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract