• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 Dated for Fall 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirokazu

2012 Autumn! :0 Not much for new footage in that Next episode preview. :/

EVANGELION 3.0: YOU CAN (NOT) REDO.
ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q

What: The third film in the Rebuild of Evangelion project of four theatrical films reimagining the landmark 90s anime TV series, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

When:
17 November 2012 (Japan, In theatres)
TBA (Asia, In theatres)
TBA (Japan, Blu-ray & DVD)
TBA (US, In theatres)
TBA (US, Blu-ray & DVD)
TBA (Australia, Blu-ray & DVD)

Why: Hideaki Anno needs more money and fans are desperate for an outlet to provide him with their hard-earned cash.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
That was glorious.
Asuka Langley Soryu, you've been missed.
Welcome back.
I hope

Shirokun

Krev said:
That was glorious.
Asuka Langley Soryu, you've been missed.
Welcome back.
I hope

So I guess the whole
eyepatch thing is for real.
I was certain Gainax was trolling us. Anyway, the new footage looks great!

hirokazu

ultron87 said:
WHAT DID THEY SHOW?!?!?!

So just another year till it comes out? Alright.
Too long! -_-" But hopefully it won't be long until more information starts being released.

They showed EVA-02 and stuff.

hirokazu

Snkfanatic said:
I assume there isn't a link online to see the new footage?
I'm sure someone will put a HD rip of it up, it's only a few seconds and they did when they showed the revised 2.0 preview when that was on TV.

Shirokun

Snkfanatic said:
Wow what a tease lol...so we won't see this in the states till 2013 I assume. My god the wait

Possibly longer. Didn't it take a couple years after the Japanese release of 2.0?

hirokazu

7Th said:
What? At the very least, the brief Itano Circus that served as Asuka's introduction was hand-drawn.
And you just got 14 seconds of footage from a 90-120min film. I don't know what you're complaining about, unless you're extrapolating that the whole movie is like the 14 seconds shown, but 2.0 somehow isn't already chock full of CG?

Shirokun said:
New ending trailer.

Next movie in 4th quarter 2012?
At this rate the final movie will be released just in time for the events in the series ("the future", LOL) to take place.

They'd better get to work on those submerging buildings.

hirokazu

lunarworks said:
At this rate the final movie will be released just in time for the events in the series ("the future", LOL) to take place.
It's all part of the plan! (Final movie to release on the TV series' date of 3rd Impact?)

Quick said:
The animation is low quality? Unless we have different definitions of what "animation" is, I'll have to disagree.

It's a matter of being right and wrong. Saying the animation quality is low is WRONG. It's not up for argument or discussion. It's factually wrong

Risette

A Good Citizen
Zoramon089 said:
It's a matter of being right and wrong. Saying the animation quality is low is WRONG. It's not up for argument or discussion. It's factually wrong
It's poor for a theatrical anime production. It's OVA quality (at best) a lot of the time.

Also, lolcg.

Erigu

Remember when they said parts 3 and 4 would be shown back-to-back as one movie, years back? And we pretty much assumed they had changed their plans since then?
Well, according to Maya's voice actress, that's still the idea.

Still from the same event, Katô said that some people in-the-know find the plot for those last parts to be "too dark". Guess we shouldn't expect a Disney ending.

Blader

Can duckroll (or anyone else who knows Japanese) say whether this person on Twitter should be listened to or not?

Because whoever it is, they're saying/implying that 3.0 and Final will still be shown together.

http://twitter.com/#!/mediotantou/status/107095206083575808

7Th

Blader5489 said:
Can duckroll (or anyone else who knows Japanese) say whether this person on Twitter should be listened to or not?

Because whoever it is, they're saying/implying that 3.0 and Final will still be shown together.

It's real, look at the post above you.

ultron87

Erigu said:
Still from the same event, Katô said that some people in-the-know find the plot for those last parts to be "too dark". Guess we shouldn't expect a Disney ending.

It'll turn out this whole thing is just Shinji's fever dream as he's starving to death on that beach post End of Evangelion.

(He already ate Asuka, naturally.)

Erigu said:
God, I hope so. I'm an Eva freak, but I thought 2.0 was pandery as fuck. If the last two movies manage to recapture the bite that made the original so special, then the bark of the prior Rebuild films will be forgiven.

Jex

Perhaps this time they'll actually make something great with movie quality animation throughout.

Who am I kidding, that will never happen. Khara is just out to make some money.
Aigis said:
It's poor for a theatrical anime production. It's OVA quality (at best) a lot of the time.
I don't know how often it even gets up to that level. I mean, Idolm@ster is a TV production with better character animation.

B.K.

Blader5489 said:

When Rebuild was first announced, they said that 3.0 and Final would be shown back to back as a double feature.

Blader

B.K. said:
When Rebuild was first announced, they said that 3.0 and Final would be shown back to back as a double feature.

Yeah, but that was 4-5 years ago and a lot of what was announced then has changed (e.g. all 4 films being out by the end of 2008 :lol).

Risette

A Good Citizen
Jexhius said:
I don't know how often it even gets up to that level. I mean, Idolm@ster is a TV production with better character animation.
Well, I didn't want to sell those few great mechanical animation scenes short, but even those are covered in copius amounts of CG blur so they still don't look so great.

The character animation is just lol though. It's almost disgraceful for a franchise with this amount of popularity (and money) to be released in theaters with that level of quality.

Replicant

ultron87 said:
It'll turn out this whole thing is just Shinji's fever dream as he's starving to death on that beach post End of Evangelion.

(He already ate Asuka, naturally.)

I rike it! You have a talent for dramatic writing.

I still haven't seen 1.0 or 2.0, been putting it off until I get something capable of playing blu-rays. So Rebuild's a stealth sequel, no? I remember a lot of back and forth on that.

Thoraxes

I just want more Mari now.
I have a feeling it's the leggings/panty-hose and the red glasses. I love red glasses.

Also, I wonder if the whole timeline theory will be proved with the ends of the movies with Rebuild being a sequel of the original.

Also, I thought the movies looked pretty great on bluray. It's pretty, that's for sure.
shadyspace said:
I still haven't seen 1.0 or 2.0, been putting it off until I get something capable of playing blu-rays. So Rebuild's a stealth sequel, no? I remember a lot of back and forth on that.
Nothing has been for sure confirmed, but there's a hell of a lot of evidence. We'll probably get trolled and never be given an actual answer though, but there will be so many hints without it ever being confirmed.

B.K.

shadyspace said:
So Rebuild's a stealth sequel, no? I remember a lot of back and forth on that.

Basically every line from
Kaworu
hints at it being a sequel, but there's no real evidence one way or the other yet.

wrowa said:
Yet another year? Wow :|

IF they do show 3.0 and Final back to back, then another year is fine to me. I would hate to have another two or three year wait between 3.0 and Final.

Thoraxes

Basically this:
NGEMovieComparison.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom