• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me my next game after having finished God of War

Dahaka

I platinumed God of War, my GOTG. I just had to, normally I don't care (only have two by now) but I wanted to see and achieve everything, that game really came close to my heart. Between a few weeks where I didn't go for the last 20% of achievements I played through Bloodborne and fought the
moon presence
. Game was really good but didn't motivate me for another playthrough. Kinda regretting hundreds of hours of DS3. Still a great game. Now I have the following games:

Uncharted 4 (+LL)
Horizon (maybe too early for another -I could be very wrong- nordic themed game.)
Last of US (I guess too early for this game after the father/son relationshop of GoW)
Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider. Loved D2 a lot.
Until Dawn
Halo 5

Uncharted 4. Globe-trotting action-packed adventure. Stunning to look at, wonderful to play.

Damn I wish I could play any Uncharted again for the first time.

The Shepard

Op I was the same and just had to platinum God of war, it's so good, wish there was some dlc announced at e3.

Last of us is amazing and I'd recommend it to everyone and best game of last gen Imo. God of war is best game of this gen. Op go last of us!

I also played yakuza 6 after God of war and it was excellent, so I'd look into getting into that series if you've not tried it already 😉

Last edited:

Kagero

I think God of War ruined every game for me. Tried to play monster hunter last night and it felt really basic to me :( God help me

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would play Uncharted Lost Legacy. I personally enjoy that game more than Uncharted 4.

Skyn3t

Banned
Horizon for me. Interesting setting, beautifully crafted open world of reasonable/modern size without many meaningless activities, fun gameplay and man, does that game still look downright amazing.

OP, I personally didn't finish GOW yet but I straight hopped on Detroit when that got released...best gaming experience for a hot minute. Yakuza comes to mind 2nd.

-MD-

I'll just say you should get TLOU out of the way as quickly as you can so part 2 feels fresh when it comes out.

Mr Hyde

I say skip all those and buy Nier Automata. Fantastic game with a fantastic soundtrack. But if you decide not to get it, I´d say go with Horizon. It is really good and has no Nordic influences whatsoever (not that I can recall of).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I say skip all those and buy Nier Automata. Fantastic game with a fantastic soundtrack. But if you decide not to get it, I´d say go with Horizon. It is really good and has no Nordic influences whatsoever (not that I can recall of).
7Bn2.gif

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If you haven't used your game pass trial halo wars 2 is on there. That would be a big change and could feel fresh.

I'd go for Death of the Outsider, which I haven't played but Dishonored is just so fucking great so there's no way it won't be at least good. Definitely avoid Horizon right now, this game is underwhelming as shit and the main thing it has going for it are the graphics but they will not look impressive after playing GoW.

Dahaka

Horizon takes place in Colorado...

ill-see-myself-out.jpg

Op I was the same and just had to platinum God of war, it's so good, wish there was some dlc announced at e3.

Last of us is amazing and I'd recommend it to everyone and best game of last gen Imo. God of war is best game of this gen. Op go last of us!

I also played yakuza 6 after God of war and it was excellent, so I'd look into getting into that series if you've not tried it already 😉

I think God of War ruined every game for me. Tried to play monster hunter last night and it felt really basic to me :( God help me

yeah, such an amazing game, I visited every corner (until nothing remained) and also walked like a tourist to see, feel everything, listened to all stories, read all entries in Atreus book. I could mention the tiniest details
like how Atreus reacts when I rush past him or how he moves around and reacts to the environment, to you, to others, how great the voice acting of all characters is in general, how much I laughed about Mimir's (and the dwarves) reactions and comments, the superlative of the fighting mechanics and its diversity, the father/son relationship, the emotions etc etc...

One thing I'm most happy about and should be mentioned everytime is how God of War has its sound done. True reference class in all aspects, both in recording, rendering and dynamics.

The Last of Us is great, but you're right about the themes perhaps being a bit too close. I'd go with Uncharted 4.

yes, thought people would agree upon this. I am very excited to play TLOU. I'm very late to it I realize since I owned it for the PS3. My sister played it and it remains her greatest game of all time until today. Send me the TLOU2 trailer but I can't watch it since I hate spoilers. That's why I missed Horizon's theme (see above :D)

OP, I personally didn't finish GOW yet but I straight hopped on Detroit when that got released...best gaming experience for a hot minute. Yakuza comes to mind 2nd.
I'll just say you should get TLOU out of the way as quickly as you can so part 2 feels fresh when it comes out.
out of what you listed, TLOU

I definitely will, most likely around September so still plenty of time before TLOU2.

Maybe Detroit? It isn't shooter or adventure game, but pretty cool and looks like a movie.
Until Dawn!

I own both NIER and Detroit already (had to use the 20% off). They will have their turn too. Kinda regret not playing a lot during autumn. :F

Thanks everyone for their opinions. Uncharted 4+LL first it is, then

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Until Dawn is really good, much different then GoW and not too long. I’d recommend that and follow up with Horizon...one of the best games from this generation.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Halo 5 and then Last of Us. The father and son thing on LoU is a different beast, but more deeply

zwiggelbig

I think you should go and give nier automata a chance. The gameplay is completely different. I absolutely LOVED it.

I would second Yakuza if OP hasnt started the series. But if we are only talking about the provided list. I would go The Last Of Us for sure.

Zimmy68

I went from Far Cry 5 to God of War.
I'm basically done with GOW so I'm trying out the Far Cry 5 DLC.
Also enjoying going back to Prey with the new game plus.

Solarstrike

Horizon Zero Dawn. An vast open landscape filled with serene detail and an ever-present sense of danger. In that, you must be alert not only for the beauty in graphic detail upon the screen, but thy jaw upon the floor after seeing it all. Narrative isn't too bad either, although some seemingly stale character(s), there's no out of place cursing which, in my small opinion (i'm new here), broke the thematic tone of God of War. It just wasn't needed. Almost like going upon a walk tour with Monks in some beautiful, high off ancient place then one of the Monks starts swearing and cursing while there's kids and seniors around. Just, out of place.

Last edited:

Fbh

Maybe Nioh?
You seem to enjoy the souls games and Nioh has a similar feeling to it. It does lack in terms of enemy variety and it focuses more on loot but I had a lot of fun with it

From the ones on your list I loved Horizon. It's rather traditional in it's open world design (in that there isn't a lot of exploration and traversal is mostly about following the waypoint on your map) but it has an interesting and amazing looking world, an enjoyable and IMO well paced story, fun combat and above average side content (not nearly as good as Witcher 3 but definitely better than the average Ubisoft open world game).

Fox Mulder

That's a nice backlog.

Im loving Horizon right now. Got the Uncharted collection, last of us, Yakuza 0, and crash bandicoot trilogy in my backlog. Gotta pick up GoW.

Justin9mm

GOW is definitely GOTG for me.. I could not get into Horizon, played first few hours and as stunning as it is to look at, it doesn't hold my attention. TLOU should be your number one priority. I finished UC4 last week and def recommend, and just picked up LL which I have not started.. I'm super excited with that one as I agree with people saying that UC4 did drag a bit and so many people saying LL was better for pacing and some other issues. Also just bought a One X on Friday and downloaded Halo 5 with Game Pass, the game looks exceptional but playing solo campaign felt like trash to me, did not last 1 hour before I got bored. Halo does not really do it for me, probably need to try online but just haven;t had time. I'm someone who likes to just have everything and not have time to play everything. Still got Yakuza 0 and Nioh in my backlog as well that I want to play arggh!

Mathrin

This, so hard.

I am loving the hell out of it - it's just so different to anything else right now.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Uncharted 4 (+LL) - Awesome visuals, shallow story, over repetitive game mechanics.
Horizon - Go for it.
Last of US - Go for it.
Until Dawn - Horror shit show.
Halo 5 - Meh, just a hollow shell.

llien

Ahem, could you be more specific, guys?
It is the most recent, PS4 version of GoW you are talking about, right?

redfox088

Banned
I platinumed God of War, my GOTG. I just had to, normally I don't care (only have two by now) but I wanted to see and achieve everything, that game really came close to my heart. Between a few weeks where I didn't go for the last 20% of achievements I played through Bloodborne and fought the
moon presence
. Game was really good but didn't motivate me for another playthrough. Kinda regretting hundreds of hours of DS3. Still a great game. Now I have the following games:

Uncharted 4 (+LL)
Horizon (maybe too early for another -I could be very wrong- nordic themed game.)
Last of US (I guess too early for this game after the father/son relationshop of GoW)
Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider. Loved D2 a lot.
Until Dawn
Halo 5
SMT Nocturne is good stuff. Shit it was my next game after.

Typhares

OP, I also platinumed GOW and I don't have time or feel like doing so usually. It was a fantastic game!

From your list here are my comments:
Uncharted 4 (+LL) -> I played and finished 1/2/3 on PS3 but for some reason I couldn't get into this one, dropped it after a few hours.

Horizon (maybe too early for another -I could be very wrong- nordic themed game.) -> This one I gave it it a bit more time but also couldn't get into it. I really struggle to play and finish open world games and this one was no exception.
I watched the cutscenes on youtube though cause I liked the story and that was good. If open world is no bother to you I think this is a good choice.

Last of US (I guess too early for this game after the father/son relationshop of GoW) -> Also dropped after 4 or 5 hours. I didn't enjoy the gameplay much but again liked the story and characters.

Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider. Loved D2 a lot. -> did not play.

Until Dawn -> Finished that game, loved it. Story driven games are my thing these days.

Halo 5 -> Did not play.

Currently played Hollow Knight, would recommend!

Top Bottom