• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me some Vive games!

Hello fellow gaffers,

I'm finally getting a HTC Vive on Sunday and I'm looking for some recommendations in the games/experiences department. I've already got some games that I've always wanted to play in VR:

Skyrim VR (always wanted to see how it is to step into this world in VR)
Tilt Brush (my fiance's reason for us getting the Vive since we're both in the Arts, I think I'll have a lot of fun with this too)
Batman Arkham VR (I only payed $5 for it and I'm a huge fan of the series, I know it's only an hour or so)
The Lab (I mean come on, you gotta have the lab)

I'm thinking about getting Pavlov, anyone tried it? List your favorite games/experiences, anything art related would be cool to (is there anything for filmmaking?), Sunday can't come soon enough!

LordKite

Neo Member
My favorites on Vive so far are:

Superhot VR: I loved Superhot normally, and the vr version is just a lot of fun. Its the type of game that just works in VR.

Beat Saber: Rhythm game with light sabers and custom tracks, whats not to love?

Gorn: Its a very cartoony gladiator game, the gore can be a little much but there are just a lot of fun and creative ways to beat your way through hordes of cartoonishly muscled gladiators.

Rez Infinite: Rez is an audiovisual treat that is only enhanced by VR, in my opinion. Scrolling shooter with bizarre and beautiful visuals and wonderful music.

Budget Cuts: My girlfriend played this more than I, but she found it tons of fun. Escape the evil corperation filled with robots by sneaking passed the guards with your portal machine and defending yourself with office supplies. Very funny.

Reallink

Echo Arena/Echo VR is the best VR game available IMO, and it's free. You just need to install the Oculus store and Revive (mod that lets you play Oculus games on Vive).

Arizona Sunshine is a close second.

Last edited:
My favorites on Vive so far are:

Superhot VR: I loved Superhot normally, and the vr version is just a lot of fun. Its the type of game that just works in VR.

Beat Saber: Rhythm game with light sabers and custom tracks, whats not to love?

Gorn: Its a very cartoony gladiator game, the gore can be a little much but there are just a lot of fun and creative ways to beat your way through hordes of cartoonishly muscled gladiators.

Rez Infinite: Rez is an audiovisual treat that is only enhanced by VR, in my opinion. Scrolling shooter with bizarre and beautiful visuals and wonderful music.

Budget Cuts: My girlfriend played this more than I, but she found it tons of fun. Escape the evil corperation filled with robots by sneaking passed the guards with your portal machine and defending yourself with office supplies. Very funny.
Ah man, I remember seeing a demo for this and I found it hilarious, definitely gonna look into it!

Wonko_C

I've only played them on PSVR but they're also available on Vive:

-Moss (3rd person action adventure with light puzzle solving starring a cute mouse)

-Knockout League (Punch-Out!! in VR, it's also quite a workout)

-Sprint Vector (Jet Set Radio meets Mario Kart, this one can also tire your arms, LOL)

-Pixel Ripped 1989 (Don't let your teacher catch you playing your handheld! The kind of game only possible in VR)

-Dirt Rally (I don't like race simulators but this blew my mind since I love driving over beautiful and dangerous landscapes. Also when the virtual sun hit my back I felt warmth in the back of my neck in real life. )

-Megaton Rainfall (It's a Superman simulator, nuff said)

-Pinball FX2 VR (If you like pinball and yearn for playing on a physical table, this is as close as it gets)

-Pixeljunk Dead Hungry (Feed zombies with burgers, pizzas, fries and whatever you can cook as fast as you can before they eat you)

Last edited:
I've only played them on PSVR but they're also available on Vive:

-Moss (3rd person action adventure with light puzzle solving starring a cute mouse)

-Knockout League (Punch-Out!! in VR, it's also quite a workout)

-Sprint Vector (Jet Set Radio meets Mario Kart, this one can also tire your arms, LOL)

-Pixel Ripped 1989 (Don't let your teacher catch you playing your handheld! The kind of game only possible in VR)

-Dirt Rally (I don't like race simulators but this blew my mind since I love driving over beautiful and dangerous landscapes. Also when the virtual sun hit my back I felt warmth in the back of my neck in real life. )

-Megaton Rainfall (It's a Superman simulator, nuff said)

-Pinball FX2 VR (If you like pinball and yearn for playing on a physical table, this is as close as it gets)

-Pixeljunk Dead Hungry (Feed zombies with burgers, pizzas, fries and whatever you can cook as fast as you can before they eat you)
Thanks for the list!

Today is the day....everything set up, and I'm just blown away, being able to actually calibrate the Vive for my own liking made the experience so much better (compared to when you demo it at a Microsoft store and you only have like 5 min). Played through Arkham VR and boy oh boy was I impressed the whole time, I seriously wish they would do a whole Arkham game like this, gorgeous to look at. Messed around in The Lab a little bit, tried Tilt Brush (fucking amazing) and played Skyrim for around and hour and a half, felt a little woozy afterwards but nothing too serious....Seriously this is gonna take up so much of my time :D

Pazu

Hey mindfreak191 mindfreak191 , congrats on getting the Vive!

My small indie studio just released Chiaro and the Elixir Of Life for Vive, it's a fantasy adventure game that's about 3-5 hours long. You build machines and bring them to life, row a boat, play catch with a robot, solve puzzles and even acquire a mystical knife that can let you cut portals open wherever you are in the world. You can get a sense of what it's like here on GAF in this thread. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I will hook you up in exchange for an honest Steam review!

Cheers, enjoy your VR adventures :lollipop_grinning:

Top Bottom