• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition coming soon

Shiggy

Update 2:
ReCore: Definitive Edition releases on August 29. Comes with:
- HDR
- High resolution graphics
- new mission called "Eye of Obsidian"
https://twitter.com/SaurabhCharde/status/895598119324327936

Update:
Looks like we might finally be getting some news soon. A reddit user's achievement list updated ReCore with new art for the definitive edition.

Recore-Definitive-Edition.png

This also implies that the definitive edition will be an update for existing owners.

The USK has played through ReCore Definitive Edition and issued a rating. So we can assume that the DLC is already complete and just waiting for certification and a release now.

screenshot2017-03-22albu00.png

The DLC was announced last December and consists of content that was cut from the final release due to a lack of time. This content includes a new bot (which can be even found on the game's cover) and a map area, which can already be accessed in the currently released game but is in an unfinished state (no enemies).

Microsoft has not yet announced a release date for the DLC or the definitive edition, nor any pricing.

Vinc

The USK has played through ReCore Definitive Edition and issued a rating. So we can assume that the DLC is already complete and just waiting for certification and a release now.

screenshot2017-03-22albu00.png

The DLC was announced last December and consists of content that was cut from the final release due to a lack of time. This content includes a new bot (which can be even found on the game's cover) and a map area, which can already be accessed in the currently released game but is in an unfinished state (no enemies).

Microsoft has not yet announced a release date for the DLC or the definitive edition, nor any pricing.

Do we know for sure it's paid?

LAA

Hope some work has gone into polishing some stuff too, the waypoints especially

Definitely. One of the most disappointing things ReCore last year for me. And not because I thought it was a "bad game", it's that it was that I could see it had a lot of potential and was fun, but was so unpolished and stuff clearly cut.

If the dlc is gonna be paid, can imagine people getting angry.

Shifty

Why on earth is this being framed as a definitive edition instead of simply being a high-profile patch?

And surely it can't be paid. Surely.

antibolo

Banned
Friendly reminder that Comcept (Inafune's studio) was involved in the development of this game.

Don't give any money to this con man.

Definitely. One of the most disappointing things ReCore last year for me. And not because I thought it was a "bad game", it's that it was that I could see it had a lot of potential and was fun, but was so unpolished and stuff clearly cut.

If the dlc is gonna be paid, can imagine people getting angry.

Same. I enjoyed the first three or four hours but then I started to get more and more frustrated and I haven't gone back to it since.

There is a really decent game in there but you can see why Microsoft released it as a lower price point. Easy for me to say but I would of delayed it and brought extra support for Armature to add layers of polish visually, frame rate and fixes.

I'm tired of criticising on MS but there always seems to be this one step forward and two back with them, particularly this gen.

I could see them putting out the Definitive Edition stuff for free for existing owners and basically using this as a relaunch opportunity. I'm pretty interested, ReCore had a lot of potential.

Kent

The problem here was probably more that this was produced on a very tight budget and schedule.

And despite this, ReCore isn't actually a bad game - just one that could've definitely used some more time in development.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
If the Tank bot isn't released as DLC, hopefully it'll be a cheap upgrade (or free?). I had a feeling they would go this route considering how quiet MS and Armature have been. I assume HDR support will be included in this patch as well. I wonder if we get any new music too. The musical score for ReCore is actually pretty excellent.

Friendly reminder that Comcept (Inafune's studio) was involved in the development of this game.

Don't give any money to this con man.

There was no conning with this game. It released at $39.99 too.

amdb00mer

I loved the game, even with it's flaws. I'm ok with this Definitive Edition as long as they do the same thing they did for people that bought Ori. Those gamers that bought Ori were able to upgrade to the Definitive Edition for $5 US. I'm totally ok with that or even $10 US for the upgrade. I mean the game was released at $39.99 and even on sale for $19.99 numerous times. They knew they had an unfinished product and wanted to make a promised deadline. That lead to the cheaper launch price.

im_dany

Going through it these days and it's not that bad, definitely a 6.5/7 for me. If it's a big patch + paid DLC I could get it, if it's a complete re-release like Ori then no, I don't want to start over.

EmiPrime

As much as i liked Recore I'm not going to buy and play it again, way too many good games being released lately for that. Should have got it right first time around, I've moved on.

UCBooties

I haven't played ReCore yet and I'm still interested in giving it a try. This seems like a bad look though, releasing a blatantly unfinished game and selling the cut content for extra later seems really shitty and, especially in a case where its this obvious, they probably should have patched the rest of the content in without charging for it.

mclem

The game just feels half baked and unfinished in general. Very strange definitive edition.

ReCore: Finished Edition.

This sort of fell off my radar after having some interest when the announcement took place, I completely missed the actual release. Might be tempted to give it a go.

Sydle

I loved the game despite the jank. If they've polished it up and added some DLC free for people who already bought the game then I'm in. I'm not going to buy it again, however.

BiggNife

If "definitive edition" means the game is actually done now then great

The first few hours of Recore are actually a ton of fun, it's a real shame it falls apart halfway

Com_Raven

Why on earth is this being framed as a definitive edition instead of simply being a high-profile patch?

And surely it can't be paid. Surely.

I expect that the update and DLC will be free (maybe very cheap for the bot), while the Definite Edition will be simply the new SKU including the update at retail.

Let's see if they were able to use the 6 months since release to fix some of the game's issues.

Nowise10

The platforming sections are fun. But I felt like trying to figure out where to go was one of the games biggest challenges, which made it not so fun for me and why I never finished it.

Ushay

ReCore: Complete edition.

Publishers need to stop doing this shit. Mass Effect is the latest victim of this, just finish the damn game before releasing it.

So we have to pay for the robot that is on the cover of the game and several promotional shots:

Recore_cover.jpg

Who the UI has a space for:

jpib0sdojwxrrg8adxey.png

Who has enemy versions you fight and get crafting materials from some of which are to exclusively upgrade T8-NK:

ReCore-Inventory-and-Crafting.jpg

Who they talked about not "currently" being available:

Recore-Tweet.jpg

And they want to sell a new release of the game that includes this content while the base game already dropped to $20 quickly after release.

Had an $180 Collector's Edition:

Ck3LkCzUYAAuBae.jpg

That has been available directly from Amazon for less than $50 for months.

shandy706

I played the game when it had a free weekend and really enjoyed it. Way too many games kept me from buying it though.

I'd be up for a full version down the road though.

NeoRaider

So we have to pay for the robot that is on the cover of the game and several promotional shots:

Recore_cover.jpg

Who the UI has a space for:

jpib0sdojwxrrg8adxey.png

Who has enemy versions you fight and get crafting materials from some of which are to exclusively upgrade T8-NK:

ReCore-Inventory-and-Crafting.jpg

Who they talked about not "currently" being available:

Recore-Tweet.jpg

And they want to sell a new release of the game that includes this content while the base game already dropped to $20 quickly after release.

Had an $180 Collector's Edition:

Ck3LkCzUYAAuBae.jpg

That has been available directly from Amazon for less than $50 for months.

Maybe DLC will be free for the owners of the original version.
They will only upgrade standard edition that is selling rn. with this new edition. Just my guess.

Kent

i dont think the IP is owned by MS (its 3rd party not 1st party exclusive)... so it can happen like QB or DR4

I'm pretty sure ReCore's IP is actually owned by Microsoft, just developed by a third party.

Similar to Killer Instinct.

Top Bottom